Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Track Tire Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cosmicjim is an unknown quantity at this point
Track Tire Pressure

Any have any settings they run at the track (circuit style) for tire pressure? Im running the same PSI for all four tires. I find that i tend to understeer into the corners. I know some guys at the track run with less PSI in the rears, but they all have different cars; just wanted to hear some 7th gens speak up.

BTW, im running on stock firestones (at around 30 PSI hot) and only have a RSX-S rear anti-sway bar.
Old 08-17-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/...artire_all.jsp

u should get rid of those crappy firestones..
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry havent autox yet good luck!!
Old 08-18-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Track Tire Pressure

Originally posted by cosmicjim
Any have any settings they run at the track (circuit style) for tire pressure? Im running the same PSI for all four tires. I find that i tend to understeer into the corners. I know some guys at the track run with less PSI in the rears, but they all have different cars; just wanted to hear some 7th gens speak up.

BTW, im running on stock firestones (at around 30 PSI hot) and only have a RSX-S rear anti-sway bar.

Only 30 psi? damn thats low. I run my falken Azenis sports at 42 front and 30 rear (205/50R15) and they have VERY stiff side walls.

If you're runing with the stock tires I'd suggest 45+ on the front! Really you shoud be checking your tire roll over to see what pressure you need to be at.

Just mark the tire in a few places on the edge of the tire (Between the tread and the sidewall) when you corner the tire will rollover and wear off some of the marking telling you how much your tire is rolling over. add or remove psi as needed.

Like this,

See the tick marks on the tires?