Transaction Feedback Both parties of a transaction please post your positive/negative feedback here. This section is meant to give both parties the ability to explain the situation and rebut. New buyer should check on feedback regarding all new sales.

DO NOT order from acura carland (www.acuraautomotiveparts.org)

Old 03-13-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
DO NOT order from acura carland (www.acuraautomotiveparts.org)

I wrote these guys an email this morning asking them for prices on the parts I need with the 19mm rsx rear sway bar, including shipping because I couldnt find the parts on there site, and this was there response.

You will need to check with the people who do the conversions. Also because the RSX sway bars come from the warehouse with no box, unlike the integra type-r, I have a shortage of boxes to ship them in. The only boxes I have to ship them with are considered 70 lbs packages because of the size.

I then wrote them back asking if I had to pay shipping for a 70 lbs. box when really the parts are only like 20 lbs. and they wrote.

That is correct. UPS, FedEx and the postal service charge more for long packages. Oversized is the term that UPS uses.

I preceded to write back saying how that is bullshit to charge customers for a 70 lbs. box when only the parts way 25 lbs. and that it was a ripoff, here wa his reply to that.

I have plenty of different size boxes and the smallest that it will fit in is 70lbs. If you think it is a rip-off let UPS know. Also because of the language in your last e-mail I would refuse any order you placed. You cannot just run off with the mouth when things don't go your way.

Screw these people, I am not going to pay shipping for a 70 lbs. box when really the parts only way 20 lbs. so I would recommend noone buy from them unless you want to get ripped off on shipping.
Old 03-13-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
That's terrible. What kind of business is that? At least hondaautomotiveparts is still good.
Old 03-14-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
right, I even told him that, and he said if I have a problem with the packaging, consult UPS. What good does that do.
Old 03-15-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I bought my 19mm bar from them, they put it in an OEM spoiler box, which is something like 50x12x6 and I got charged $10 shipping on top of the $89 in parts.

I HARDLY call it a ripoff.
Call them, ask them for the exact price its gonna cost. I don't think those dimensions count as oversize... cuz I punched them in on ups.com with a 25 lb weight, it came up as $15 on the retail rate, not the business rates.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 03-15-2004 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-15-2004
Registered!!

in his email he said that all he had was 70 lb. boxes, and I would have to pay shipping for a 70 lb. box. he also said the shipping would be around $40, that is a ripoff. I know the sway bar does not weigh that much.
Old 03-15-2004
Registered!!

in his email he said that all he had was 70 lb. boxes, and I would have to pay shipping for a 70 lb. box. he also said the shipping would be around $40, that is a ripoff. I know the sway bar does not weigh that much.
Old 03-15-2004
Registered!!

what the hell, my computer sux ***.
Old 03-21-2004
Back From The Banned!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
All my parts came out to $82.25, and UPS claimed it 30lbs... so about $13 for S&H... as boilermaker said, it's not really a rip off, maybe ask them if they can supply a "30lb" box. It's not really a rip off compared to other bars, and what other places are charging for the RSX bar.... good luck.
Old 04-12-2004
Registered!!

s1xandout is an unknown quantity at this point
I got my order in from them and it only cost me 87 bucks over night, they shipped it in the same box that my moonroof visor came in. I think the price is reasonable, but if you want to wait it seems like the for sale forum has plenty of these items for sale. i figure i'm saving money because i'm not buying one of the more expensive rear sway bars, so a little more in shipping is ok. 40 bucks isn't worth it though
Old 01-12-2011
Registered!!

MikeMahoney71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: DO NOT order from acura carland (www.acuraautomotiveparts.org)

Wow, I have had a completely different experience... I have ordered several times, and both times they Acura Autotive Parts. Org was way cheaper. I guess it is something with shipping. I actually got the link from this page... I appreciate your feedback, but I will always shop them when I need Acura Parts, since they are fast and very competitive.
Old 01-12-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DO NOT order from acura carland (www.acuraautomotiveparts.org)

not sure why they are charging so much, that bar hardly weighs 10 lbs.
Old 01-12-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

A lot may have changed since 2004. That's when the OP posted this.
Old 10-17-2012
Please, DubTee is my father, call me Dub

dubtee1480 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this is an old post, but...
Back in the day UPS charged everything by weight. Obviously they needed to take into account the size of the package too so they used something they called dimensional weight. Every cubic inch over a certain volume had a weight value. So his "70 lb box" was probably the right length but much wider and taller than it needed to be to ship his bar. I believe they've moved to a different methodology since then but it can still cost you some money to ship a large box. I would have asked him to ship it without a box and tape the shipping label to the bar itself but UPS would still ding you $10 for "unusual packaging".