Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

W00t! Installed my Progress front sway bar...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003
DIY King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
W00t! Installed my Progress front sway bar...

And... I love it. The DIY with some pics is here: DIY: Progress Front Sway Bar Much less body roll in front and in back. There's less body roll in back since the chassis is pretty solid and it keeps it's shape in back and therefore helps out the rear suspension in the process. It's pretty k3wl lookin' too. I can show it off through my front wheels. You can totally see it. I think I'll put on the two little stickers that I got with the kit on the sway bar so that you can see the name "Progress" when you look at the sway bar through the wheels. Anyway, a very worthwhile modification. It was exactly $147 shipped for me from Ptuning.com; although it'll be a little more if you buy it alone. I bought the rear sway bar and mounting kit as well.

Anyway... Happy tuning everyone. I love mods that actually do something.
Old 01-12-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Do you have an upper front bar too? I'm just wondering because I remember reading a few months ago that someone installed Neuspeed bushings to the lower front bar to stiffen it and it buckled the roof because the upper mounts weren't tied together. I'd imagine this could do the same. Just something you may want to think about....
Old 01-12-2003
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Really? That's nuts. No, I don't have a front strut bar. I had the DC Sports, but I sold it because it wasn't the best design and didn't function as well as it should have because of the manufacturing process (loosening fasteners and what not). Going over bumps straight on is a little more harsh than it was, but nothing terrible. That's weird though 'cause the bar bends together going over straight bumps, so it shouldn't be under any tension. I guess that bumps aren't always perfectly straight on though... When the bar is under tension one bracket is pulled downwards and the other is pushed upwards. I can't believe that this would be enough force to actually buckle the roof! It does flex the body somewhat, but I think that Honda engineered the mounting points to have a tolerance that is well above the increased stiffness of the Progress bar. I guess we'll see though. So far I can say that I've had no problems, let's hope it stays that way.
Old 01-12-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Who was it who's car buckled like that? It wasn't AceKicker was it? Whoever it was, their roof buckled at 2 points near the sunroof. He was told he needed a front tie bar or something like that to fix the problem.