Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Under Car lighting Kit!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silla is an unknown quantity at this point
Under Car lighting Kit!!!!!!!!!

What color do you guys think would look good for an undercarlighting kit , for a satin silver ex? I was thinking dark blue with red or dark blue with a hyperwhite???????? Any suggestions????
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

honda2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a white one with my satin silver EX and i love it
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

vokals is an unknown quantity at this point
I personally like red. It's kind of mysterious !
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

djlunatic is an unknown quantity at this point
check on your state laws. some colors are illegal in certain states. in IL you can't drive with red lights and blue because they look like police lights. green or white are a legal safe bet.
Old 06-11-2002
Registered!!

Snort2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
actually..having "under car lighting" of any kind is illegal in all states. they are considered a distraction on the streets and your not allowed to turn them on while driving.
Old 06-11-2002
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
[hr]Originally posted by: Snort2001
actually..having "under car lighting" of any kind is illegal in all states. they are considered a distraction on the streets and your not allowed to turn them on while driving.[hr]

You are wrong, here in Texas you can........ I've already talked with my lawyer
Old 06-11-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
I am thinking about getting Red, to go with my Rally Red car, I am trying to do a Red/Silver theme, but you cant get the lights in Silver so I am going with red.
Old 06-11-2002
Registered!!

Snort2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]You are wrong, here in Texas you can........ I've already talked with my lawyer [hr]
are you serious?!...dang...i wanna live in texas now..haha[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-11-2002
Registered!!

Rider is an unknown quantity at this point
Here in Canada ( in quebec city to be specific ) they are legal.....any colors...I saw a neon with red and blue lights under de car last week....there is no law here for those!!!!!

Cya!!
Old 06-11-2002
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
As far as i am to understand, simply having any undercar lighting on under your vehicle if the engine is running anywhere but in your own private driveway is illegal in Illinois now. I am getting really frustrated with all these g@y lighting laws IL is now instiuting, I mean a freakin sherriff followed me all the way back to my home, and as i pulled into my driveway flashed his spot on me and called me over to reprimand me about how he was 10 seconds away from pulling me over for having blue turn signal bulbs. I know that he was being cool with me and was trying to be nice about it, after all he did follow me that whole quarter mile home instead of pulling me over. But the whole point is i feel that teh "police-ing" in Illinois seems to be more concerned with the colors of some guys exterior lights rather then the drunken drivers and hit-and-runs that seem to be getting more commonplace lately. My car is obviously not a police car, so i dont understand how someone would mistake me for one when my turn signal is flashing because its blue? I have amber ones now, and made sure that my entire exterior is street legal, but Ill be damned if a cop pulls me over one night cuz he could see my blue neon from under my dashboard (note i dont have front window tints because those are illegal in IL too)...... I just dont see the logic behind it all, i mean, at least I WAS using my turn signals unlike most people lately anyways.
Old 06-11-2002
Registered!!

djlunatic is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: OmegaBlue2k1
As far as i am to understand, simply having any undercar lighting on under your vehicle if the engine is running anywhere but in your own private driveway is illegal in Illinois now. I am getting really frustrated with all these g@y lighting laws IL is now instiuting, I mean a freakin sherriff followed me all the way back to my home, and as i pulled into my driveway flashed his spot on me and called me over to reprimand me about how he was 10 seconds away from pulling me over for having blue turn signal bulbs. I know that he was being cool with me and was trying to be nice about it, after all he did follow me that whole quarter mile home instead of pulling me over. But the whole point is i feel that teh "police-ing" in Illinois seems to be more concerned with the colors of some guys exterior lights rather then the drunken drivers and hit-and-runs that seem to be getting more commonplace lately. My car is obviously not a police car, so i dont understand how someone would mistake me for one when my turn signal is flashing because its blue? I have amber ones now, and made sure that my entire exterior is street legal, but Ill be damned if a cop pulls me over one night cuz he could see my blue neon from under my dashboard (note i dont have front window tints because those are illegal in IL too)...... I just dont see the logic behind it all, i mean, at least I WAS using my turn signals unlike most people lately anyways.[hr]
RIGHT ! illinois motor vehicle codes are ruff. the have 3 time more non moving statues/ equipment statues than moving violations.

i had no front plate and a nice full tint. then the man took that away from me[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-12-2002
Registered!!

curlyb86 is an unknown quantity at this point
i live in tn and not sure what the laws are on the lights...if anyone could tell me i would appreciate but i would go with some blue neon lights i think that would be sweet
Old 06-12-2002
Registered!!

honda2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Here in syracuse, new york you can have them on as long as your parked. Found that out the hard way I got a ticket for them and for my clear license plate covers
Old 06-13-2002
Registered!!

curlyb86 is an unknown quantity at this point
i would add a blue light.that would look sweet
Old 06-15-2002
Registered!!

HippyCivicEX012 is an unknown quantity at this point
do u have any other colored lights?, get the same color
Old 06-18-2002
Registered!!

erikku is an unknown quantity at this point
is it street legal in CA?
Old 03-14-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

shmik1 has disabled reputation
I got pulled over and got a written warning for having red plate covers, so rediculous. They looked so damn good too. If I was on foot 50ft away they aren't readable, however, if you are in a car with headlights on you can see the plate just fine.. o well so much for that. I don't want to just have 1 on the front, and if I put it back on im sure i'd probably get pulled over again. The thing was, we were @ DQ in a small "suburb" kinda town, and the sheriff must have been bored, i saw him look at my car and drive slow through the parking lot, then as I left, I went to one of the main roads, then he pulls out from a gas station and pulls me over, I was like ****, If I had gone the other way he never would have gotten me, so i'll assume he was bored.

I wonder what they would say about a neon plate frame? of course I would only want red, which might b legal from the back..
Old 03-14-2004
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Snort2001
are you serious?!...dang...i wanna live in texas now..haha[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
it depends on the state. i'm pretty sure here in WV all colors are legal except blue and red. i have blue. but yah.. for a silver car, i'd go with white.
Old 03-14-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	133oldthread.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	23778  
Old 03-14-2004
Registered!!

keffin will become famous soon enoughkeffin will become famous soon enough
I'm selling a """PURPLE""" underbody kit....

shipped for $100 anywhere!

PM me if you want it!
Old 03-14-2004
Premium Member

Project2k2 is on a distinguished road
That is one NASTY FAUKIN PICTURE!
Old 03-15-2004
Registered!!

pnoiracer is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm I got silver too...so I guess white underbodykit neons would look good? not blue?
Old 03-15-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
I have White Varad Under Body neons... Basically can have the light stay on or off, change brightness, change speed, strobe, stray, ect.

I live on Long Island, New York, and I've called county, state and highway police and asked them what colors were legal, all of them said the ONLY colors legal would be green, yellow or White.

BUT, Must be installed correctly... So, I basically had a shop install them... Ive driven to police departments, ive driven on the highway/expressways, basically everywhere with my neons on and I havent gotten into any trouble... Sometimes cops even drive next to me look at them and just drive off, Haha.
Old 03-15-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Originally posted by pnoiracer
hmm I got silver too...so I guess white underbodykit neons would look good? not blue?
get white
Old 03-15-2004
Registered!!

pnoiracer is an unknown quantity at this point
after i get my G5.. get it painted... and (probably lower my car more).... I will get white neons
Old 03-15-2004
Premium Member

CivicHX01 is an unknown quantity at this point
this thread is so... 2 years ago...