Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Call me Crazy....

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FleetoftheCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Call me Crazy....

Hey guys.
My name is Garrett...or Fleet..doesn't matter. I'm a noobie to this forum, as well as a noobie to cars. I have owned a '00 Civic for two years now and absolutely LOVE it. A picture of Wanda the Honda will is included (after she lost a substantial amount of body fat yesterday.) And this is what brings me to this forum. I have, what I think, is a completely epic idea. Call me crazy, but stick with me and sling some ideas my way. As you will see, i have remove the doors from my baby. It is my intent to create a Civic/Wrangler hybrid. What I have intended is an addition of safety bar doors, wider tires, and, if possible, I want to hike up the car AND lower its center of gravity at the same time. Also, of course, I want to make her more powerful in the most suitable way to off-road and power driving. I understand that I will of course have to make a conversion to 4WD...or AWD. Which? and is it possible?

Thanks guys,
I really hope you think this is a good idea and I can't wait to hear your ideas of new specs and tunes.

Photo is in the link below V

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
Old 07-11-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Call me Crazy....

Really, anything is possible, but how much money are you willing to spend? The things you speak of ate going to require a MASSIVE amount of custom work and fabrication to do.
Old 07-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FleetoftheCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Quite a bit. I just joined the navy and am going to have so much money I can't use besides the 300-400 i have to send back to my lady for rent, that I won't even know what to do with it....but I think now I do. What do you recommend starting out with? I figured that I should first jump into the safety bars and adding external siddeview mirrors to take care of any legality issues.
Old 07-11-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Navy huh? What's your rate? I was a nuke MM for 6 years, got out as an MM2, but I digress... I'll tell you this much: my navy paycheck didn't pay enough for me to have a good turbo setup, so good luck funding this build

if you're doing what you wanna do, you're gonna have to find a platform you wanna drop in.. There are a bunch of RWD or AWD platforms you can look at: s2000, CRV, the accord SH AWD, etc., but if you wanna keep it legal, make sure the engine going in is newer than the body it's going into. Pretty much anything year 2000 and newer you can go with. You're going to have to make custom motor mounts for sure. You'd also have to re-route exhaust piping, cut into the underside and recreate the floorpan... the list of things goes on. This is assuming that the engine you're trying to use fits under the hood.
Old 07-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

i know a guy who has an older integra with a b20b swap from a crv. he was looking into doing awd with the crv trans and honestly he found there was so many special parts and tools he would need he gave up. however it has been done. i think on ht there is someone with an awd 6th gen. with a b20b from a crv lol. if you dont have a welder and know how to weld good dont even try unless someone else is welding for you. so many welds that if they were accidentally not as strong as they should be you could have catastrophic failure.

also in that thread im pretty sure he said he had to use a fuel cell cuz the gas tank is in the way for the rear drivetrain.
Old 07-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i like this idea better
http://www.build-threads.com/build-threads/civic-wrx/