Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

TFMEX ES2 "Build"

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012
CO&CA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough
Re: TFMEX ES2 "Build"

So I finished the painting and install of my Type A Side Skirts.

I followed the DIY in my sig but instead of using dupicolor I had a REAL auto paint color match mixed in a single stage formula. I had a pint mixed at a local auto parts store (cost for hardener, reducer and paint was 45$) and I sprayed it with this http://www.preval.com/what-is-preval

Came out GREAT. I also repainted the lip to better match as well!!!

I still need to wet sand (called color sanding with single stage paint) with 2000/3000 to bring out the clear coat and smooth out some of the "orange peel" but all in all it came out nearly perfect IMO

Name:  photo2-11.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  243.8 KB
Old 06-28-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Nice work! Is that a V-TEC sticker I see?
Old 06-28-2012
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
Nice work! Is that a V-TEC sticker I see?
YOU BET IT IS!!!!
Old 06-28-2012
Registered!!

enigmatic jc is an unknown quantity at this point

nice...i was looking to get the same ones, can you show me a link from where you bought it from? thanks
Old 06-29-2012
CO&CA

Originally Posted by enigmatic jc
nice...i was looking to get the same ones, can you show me a link from where you bought it from? thanks
http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-05-Civic-...b607ae&vxp=mtr

They were really good quality ABS. The biggest pain in the *** is prepping and painting them. if you take your time at that they look fantastic. I did all the work myself and for a first timer... I was impressed... I also have some install tips if you do end up getting them.
Old 06-30-2012

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Where'd you get those stickers?
I'm looking to find white ones, V-TEC SOHC, that have the outline letters like the 06+ Si. The only ones I can find resemble the 6th gen V-TEC stickers.
Old 07-02-2012
CO&CA

I got them on Ebay. There are tons of them available in ALL colors. Pay attention to the "size" if its too small it will look stupid and if its too big it will look ricey
Old 08-11-2012
Registered!!

can you post a pic of your car from the side, i wanna see how it looks with side skirts and front lip without a rear lip...thanks
Old 08-11-2012

Originally Posted by enigmatic jc
can you post a pic of your car from the side, i wanna see how it looks with side skirts and front lip without a rear lip...thanks
Bellieve it or not, i was going to ask the same thing eventually...
Unfortunately I can't find good pictures of an 04-05 coupe with those sides

Last edited by krudmuphin; 08-11-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2012
CO&CA

Bellieve it or not, i was going to ask the same thing eventually...
Unfortunately I can't find good pictures of an 04-05 coupe with those sides

Ill Take some tomorrow for ya
Old 08-12-2012
CO&CA

As Promised!
Name:  Carside.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  212.7 KB
Old 08-12-2012

Looks good! Are those skirts a tight fit, or is there some room for mounting them in multiple ways? I'm gonna play around with mine to get the perfect look, then it's off to paint!
Old 08-13-2012
CO&CA

Looks good! Are those skirts a tight fit, or is there some room for mounting them in multiple ways? I'm gonna play around with mine to get the perfect look, then it's off to paint!
There are a few ways you can do it. I suggest using auto (3M brand) tape to ensure that the upper lip doesnt move or sag. Thats how I made sure they were a tight fit. They do fit perfect lengthwise. I had to make some modifications to make them secure in the back but if you have any technical smarts then youll be more than fine.
Old 08-30-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TFMEX
There are a few ways you can do it. I suggest using auto (3M brand) tape to ensure that the upper lip doesnt move or sag. Thats how I made sure they were a tight fit. They do fit perfect lengthwise. I had to make some modifications to make them secure in the back but if you have any technical smarts then youll be more than fine.
did you use all the screws the skirts came with or just some and used 3m tape to hold it in place?
Old 09-04-2012
CO&CA

some and the 3M auto tape. Its on pretty solid
Old 09-06-2012
Registered!!

B15Fred can only hope to improve

nice!

Originally Posted by TFMEX
As Promised!
Old 04-01-2013
CO&CA

I'M BACK IN ACTION!!!!

So Last time I posted here I had removed my Skunk Pro S2's (sold them) and exhaust for stock due to my wife being pregnant and not being able to drive my daughter around in a slammed vic that rode as stiff as a board....

So, Daughter was born on 2/24 and here we are on 4/1 I am in need of 2 new struts.... time to lower again!!!!! but this time not as extreme and with a more reasonable stiffness ha!

Chose to go with tokico blues with Neuspeed sport springs after some heavy research. I had read a few had issues with the eibach springs (which was my initial choice) with raking in the back. I found the neuspeed compensated for this with a Front drop of 1.75" and a rear drop of 1.5". EXACTLY what I wanted.

My car actually is sitting above an inch higher on the passenger side due to the bad struts. Ill post some before and after pics when I get moving on the install.

Also gonna have to do a bit of repair on the front lip as it took some damage this winter.....

glad to be back in action...
Old 04-01-2013

Yay, you're back!
That's okay, you were probably too low for your own good
Old 04-01-2013
CO&CA

haha deff too stiff for sure.... no more bobble heads while driving this summer.
Old 04-01-2013
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

very nice build!
Old 04-01-2013
CO&CA

Thanks Kenny, ill Post some pics of the before and after since I back on stock right now. Parts have already shipped! Waiting on my Blues and springs.
Old 04-08-2013
Registered!!

GOLDPONY is an unknown quantity at this point

very nice build. loving the looks of the headlights and the front lip. black out the grill in the future maybe?
Old 04-08-2013

Originally Posted by GOLDPONY
black out the grill in the future maybe?
Nooooooo
Not that precious and already beautiful sedan grill
Old 04-08-2013
Registered!!

clinton_hedrick is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in love with those headlights man
Old 04-09-2013
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Congrats on the new Daughter. Other than not sleeping a lot I hope things are going well. Car looks good.
Old 04-10-2013
CO&CA

Yeah Not gonna do any blacking out of the grille. Body is saying as is! - Krud can rest easy now...

The projectors are gone, went back to stock due to multiple electrical issues with my HID kits... ran everything correctly, was having some issues... sick of messing with it stock is fine....

Thanks Gunner, sleep is a luxury I dont have much of for sure, although she did sleep 7 hours last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the Parts are in, installation set for Saturday!!! So excited.
Old 04-10-2013
Registered!!

burgoyne is an unknown quantity at this point

That's an awesome looking build. I'm about to do the same thing with my exhaust. Welding on a magnaflow muffler to my Ebay system. Can't wait!
Old 04-16-2013
CO&CA

Update:
Had a chance to install my Tokico Blues and Neuspeed Sport lowering springs this weekend! The install went pretty well, has some minor bearing fitment issues but overcame them without major issues. I have to say I’m glad I decided to go this route and not coils again… easier to install, a few hundred bux cheaper and the ride is fantastic. I also installed new end links for my rear sway (19mm) which also helped as the old ones popped, were torn and without grease…

Initial impressions on height: Overall I’m very happy with it. The front is perfect however I wish the rear was about a half inch lower but I assume it will settle a bit more. Anyone know how long it takes to settle? Either way I’m happy.

The Ride: Stiffer than stock by quite a bit, but super smooth, not bouncy, noticeably less body roll. New endlinks help as well. I prefer this ride over my coils (skunk2 ProS-II) tenfold.

Pics to come (its crappy outside…)

Id love to add some 15-20mm bolt on spacers… any suggestions.?
Old 04-16-2013

My coilovers settled about 1/2" in only 4 months, so i think these may be even sooner.
Old 04-16-2013
CO&CA

Here are some pics.... only driven about 60-70 miles on the new setup... not settled yet

65BAEE47-748A-431B-93D7-434D150C88C6-18192-000016829E123890_zps4bd5cf6f.jpg?t=1366151414
4EF12EAF-E1FE-4A2C-A6C9-AA3FDDA87A75-18192-00001682AC1CC8FF_zps635e99a4.jpg?t=1366151425

Quick Reply: TFMEX ES2 "Build"