Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

TFMEX ES2 "Build"

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012
CO&CA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough
Re: TFMEX ES2 "Build"

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
Even I could tell you that.
It's really simple, you hold the lip in place with some tape, then drill the provided screws to hold it in place. It's probably easier to do when the bumper is taken off, but you don't have to do that. Also drilling pilot holes will prevent the screws from cracking your bumper if you do a crappy job lining them up.
Hmmm.... i told that to someone a day ago .....

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
meanwhile in california...

I hate your face.....

Old 05-09-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

yeah... well...
Old 05-09-2012
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

yeah... well...

So I gotta say.... dont waste $ on fixing the ebay exhaust pipe. Keep the resonator pipe and have a new mid pipe welded to the cat get rid of that flange at the resonator pipe and the cat and have a quality muffler put on....

IM getting my **** replaced friday.... I have already welded the muffler 2 times... the glass has blown out and Im not gonna put $ into a 55$ muffler. My local shop is gonna hook me up with a new muffler and mid pipe (again cause that stupid flange at the resonator pipe scrapes on bumps and hangs up when they try and get me on the alignment rack )

I'll get some pics up Saturday.
Old 05-09-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

i personally envy you because i love the rain and love driving in the rain

Name:  0ff9a75b.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  94.7 KB
Old 05-09-2012
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Even I could tell you that.
It's really simple, you hold the lip in place with some tape, then drill the provided screws to hold it in place. It's probably easier to do when the bumper is taken off, but you don't have to do that. Also drilling pilot holes will prevent the screws from cracking your bumper if you do a crappy job lining them up.
oh okay i wasnt sure what was provided with the lip does the kit come with some vinyl tape to hold it in place or am i gonna be using electrical tape? lol
Old 05-09-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TFMEX

So I gotta say.... dont waste $ on fixing the ebay exhaust pipe. Keep the resonator pipe and have a new mid pipe welded to the cat get rid of that flange at the resonator pipe and the cat and have a quality muffler put on....

IM getting my **** replaced friday.... I have already welded the muffler 2 times... the glass has blown out and Im not gonna put $ into a 55$ muffler. My local shop is gonna hook me up with a new muffler and mid pipe (again cause that stupid flange at the resonator pipe scrapes on bumps and hangs up when they try and get me on the alignment rack )

I'll get some pics up Saturday.
im probably going to do the same thing but i want a quality muffler that wont scrape as much as a can what style muffler are you going with? can or twin loop or standard muffler shape or something else
Old 05-09-2012
CO&CA

im gonna go with a can style. I like that look better and the can im going with isnt as HUGE as the D-Tuning style. The higher quality ones are thinner and wont scrape in my case.
Old 05-09-2012
Registered!!

how wide is the tip gonna be? 3.5"?
Old 05-11-2012
CO&CA

Originally Posted by paulymcd7
how wide is the tip gonna be? 3.5"?
yeah smaller than the ebay can for sure. I looked at the ones at the shop and man they are small compared to the ebay can.

Ill take pics after I get it done today.
Old 05-11-2012

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

I personally like the size of tip that came on the Ebay kit, it fits the radius of the bumper cutout perfectly. However, the muffler is pretty huge and ugly...
Old 05-11-2012
CO&CA

I personally like the size of tip that came on the Ebay kit, it fits the radius of the bumper cutout perfectly. However, the muffler is pretty huge and ugly...
Yeah the tip is 4.5" I believe. the can itself is over 7" diameter..... I scrape it when I go up semi steep inclines. I'm heading over to get it replaced in about an hour.
Old 05-15-2012
CO&CA

I decided to go with a magnaflow. Best decision ever. A nice deep throaty sound and ZERO rice. Very happy I ditched the can. I think it looks more tasteful as well. There is no huge fart can which I was scraping.

Most importantly. NO DRONE. I can hear my stereo again.... Pics of my final drop and color matched lip in the next couple of days.

Here are a couple pics of my exhaust
BEFORE
Name:  photo1-10.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  189.3 KB

AFTER
Name:  photo3-7.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  152.2 KB
Old 05-15-2012

Just a new muffler welded on, or did you replace all the piping too? I'm looking to so this in the future too, saving the Spec-D piping but recoating for rust protection and adding a better muffler like that one. How much did that process cost ya?
Old 05-15-2012
CO&CA

Just a new muffler welded on, or did you replace all the piping too? I'm looking to so this in the future too, saving the Spec-D piping but recoating for rust protection and adding a better muffler like that one. How much did that process cost ya?

Job consisted of
-Replacing the mid pipe through the flange that was monstrous and scraping on everything. (I kept the 2nd half of the midpipe and resonator)
-Removing the tin can and welding in the magnaflow and tip of my choice
-Installed all new hangers as well to get it as close to the body as possible while still allowing for expansion etc. and prevent rattling. Its a tight finger gap from the under body and I have no scraping at ALL!!!!

I didnt have rattling / scraping initially with the D-Tuning one or issues with the mid pipe but after about a month I had terrible vibration issues and was scraping on everything.

Total Job was $220+the $55 I wasted on the D-Tuning one= $275

I pretty much bought the magnaflow and got free install...

worth every penny... sounds amazing.

Thank you Lou's Custom Exhaust!!!!
Old 05-15-2012

Job consisted of
-Replacing the mid pipe through the flange that was monstrous and scraping on everything. (I kept the 2nd half of the midpipe and resonator)
-Removing the tin can and welding in the magnaflow and tip of my choice
-Installed all new hangers as well to get it as close to the body as possible while still allowing for expansion etc. and prevent rattling. Its a tight finger gap from the under body and I have no scraping at ALL!!!!

I didnt have rattling / scraping initially with the D-Tuning one or issues with the mid pipe but after about a month I had terrible vibration issues and was scraping on everything.

Total Job was $220+the $55 I wasted on the D-Tuning one= $275

I pretty much bought the magnaflow and got free install...

worth every penny... sounds amazing.

Thank you Lou's Custom Exhaust!!!!
Not bad! You should post up a video of the new setup! I'm intersted in the same or very similar muffler.
Old 05-15-2012
CO&CA

I can do that.... give me a few days. Im gonna take some pics this weekend of my latest work.
Old 05-17-2012

I can do that.... give me a few days. Im gonna take some pics this weekend of my latest work.
Sorry to bug you with more questions. What muffler did you get? Magnaflow makes a ton of different options...
Old 05-17-2012
CO&CA

no problem.... really all the mufflers are relatively the same it just depends on shape and size. Where are you seeing all the different options?

They have a can style and an oval style for our cars. ANY can will be louder than the oval. I wanted no drone and more ground clearance so I went oval. Screams when I want and quite when driving by the cops.
Old 05-20-2012
CO&CA

So I have been working on her for the past week... had a few issues.... my Alternator died, and a day after that I tore a serpentine belt that I then had to replace. Also decided to get a new battery because I still had the original one (now 7 years old). I ended up getting an Optima Yellow top for $150.

Updated pics include new 205-40 tires and an additional 1/2" drop along with the new tires. Magnaflow exhaust as well.

Im at 23.5" from the ground to fender and 3.25" from ground to the lip.

Name:  IMG_4074.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  291.7 KB
Name:  IMG_4077.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  271.5 KB
Back1.jpg?t=1337543537
Old 05-21-2012
Registered!!

are those new headlight housings? or just a retrofit because the high beams looks different
Old 05-21-2012
CO&CA

Originally Posted by paulymcd7
are those new headlight housings? or just a retrofit because the high beams looks different
Ebay "angel eyes" that have been retrofitted. My brother in law did it for me. Projectors are no big name but are FANTASTIC.
Old 05-21-2012
Registered!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-AN...ht_2794wt_1164

this?
Old 05-22-2012
CO&CA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2005-CI...58dee3&vxp=mtr

and I replaced the projectors in them cause the ones that came with it were crap.
Old 05-22-2012
Registered!!

oh okay thats a great idea i might consider that
Old 05-23-2012
CO&CA

my stock housings were shot and beat. I refinished them 3 times over the years and they didnt last so i decided to replace them
Old 05-23-2012
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

Not really liking the wheels, but damn it looks fresh.
Old 05-23-2012
CO&CA

Originally Posted by tipnitty
Not really liking the wheels, but damn it looks fresh.
I'm not a HUGE fan of the rims either but I got em for cheap and they ride nice. Ill prolly change em out next year.

Thanks for the compliment!
Old 05-29-2012

Did you have any clunking or rattling issues with your DC5 sway bar after installing? I have a feeling my exhaust may be hitting it, but I'm not entirely sure. I double checked and everything's tightened up perfectly. Any ideas?
Old 05-30-2012
CO&CA

Did you have any clunking or rattling issues with your DC5 sway bar after installing? I have a feeling my exhaust may be hitting it, but I'm not entirely sure. I double checked and everything's tightened up perfectly. Any ideas?

yeah I did. the bar sits much different than the 12mm stock. I had to use a blow torch and reposition the exhaust by bending some hangers.
Old 06-21-2012
CO&CA

Been quiet for a few weeks.... havent made much progress on by build in a bit. I bought some 5mm spacers and installed them and decided that though it looked a bit better i was just gong to roll without them.

I have some type "A" side skirts coming in on Saturday tho!!! Gonna pre fit them and paint them like I did the lip. Im also going to do a little wet sand to the front lip to see If I can buff out a shine now that the clear coat has had time to fully cure..

Ill throw up some pics of the process. Should be starting Saturday / Sunday

Quick Reply: TFMEX ES2 "Build"