Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

PWN's build thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: PWN's build thread

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
oh yeah tuesday i put some prothane motor mount inserts in. for now just the front 2, i will probably put the rear one in but idk when. still is a huge difference than stock. i dont really notice any better acceleration or anything, but they definetly help throttle response i think. plus it stops your mounts from throwing your engine around all over the engine bay. all in all for $40 i like this mod better than any mod ive bought yet.
I could not possible agree more, I love me ESMMs.
Old 05-15-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

okay guys. i have ~$300 extra from some extra shifts at work. i cant decide what i want to do next.

option A

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-440858.aspx
http://store.excelerateperformance.c...0/i-55360.aspx
and
http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-285811.aspx

option B

http://www.ebay.com/itm/F1-RACING-ST...ht_3393wt_1033

if option b then i will be getting act bearings for it since the only thing ive heard going wrong with the f1 is the release bearing going bad.
Old 05-15-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Get brakes. Those SS lines will make a huge difference
Old 05-15-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Brake lines.
Old 05-20-2012
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
Get brakes. Those SS lines will make a huge difference
hmm weird. your guys comments didnt show up in my control panel. i ended up getting neither options.

BUT instead i got an obx twin loop, subframe brace (like i shouldve a while ago), type r front and rear lips (polyurethane), another set of headers since mine leak like crazy and set off a system too lean this time their megans, and for $40 i figured why not and got an ebay short shifter with a type r style **** and red stitched boot. ill probly get ES bushings for the shifter before i put it in.

but probly with my next paycheck (in 2 weeks) i will be getting ss brake lines, maybe the rotors and pads depending on how much it is, and getting some fresh brake fluid since the fluid is like brown lol. oh yeah anyone know if the brake line kits come with lines for the rear too or just the front? i still have rear discs so idk if there is a difference.

edit: wow i meant i still have rear drums not discs lol

Last edited by pwnsauce; 05-20-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-24-2012
Registered!!

got my twinloop and took it to get welded on today. fitment isnt too great but i think it looks alright. the sound tho, is SOO quiet compared to my old cannon lol.

Name:  mTupg.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  480.2 KB

Name:  HtBq0.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  621.0 KB

Name:  kS2c1.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  615.3 KB

Name:  lYFaf.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  626.2 KB

sound clip up soon.
Old 05-24-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KurtzN1 is an unknown quantity at this point

got any sound clips of twin loop? Is it just the axle-back or catback?
Old 05-24-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by KurtzN1
got any sound clips of twin loop? Is it just the axle-back or catback?
its just a obx twinloop muffler on an srs catback with a megan test pipe/resonator and headers. i will have a sound clip later tonight.
Old 05-24-2012
Registered!!

actually here it is just give it a minute to upload

[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1254& transactionid=1337901570-68238639&posted_by=pwnsauce_www.civicforums.com&yo utube_video_id=aOhBnKtvwXU[/autostream]
Old 06-01-2012
Registered!!

updated pic. got the type r lips. and found a sweet graffiti wall.

Name:  jXxaC.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  486.1 KB
Old 06-01-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Awesome pic! Haha!
You have one of the best looking 6th Gens ever in my opinion
Old 06-01-2012
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

That's seeeeeexy.
Old 06-01-2012
Registered!!

thanks guys. the other side doesnt look as good though lol
Old 06-11-2012
Registered!!

someone help me decide between a level 1 or 2 bisimoto cam. i know level 2 requires springs and retainers as well as tuning. but anyone know how much of a power difference there would be between the 2?
Old 06-11-2012
Registered!!

made my mind.

SOON TO COME

obd2 -> obd1 conversion
s300 chipped p28
aem uego
bisimoto level 1 cam

<- this guy is excited lol

oh and brakes have been put off once again
Old 06-12-2012
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

sounds nice bro!
Old 06-12-2012
Registered!!

welp was at work today and all of a sudden i lost all power and now theres a really bad grinding noise above 3k rpm, basically i need either an engine or a trans not sure which. FML
Old 06-13-2012

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

welp was at work today and all of a sudden i lost all power and now theres a really bad grinding noise above 3k rpm, basically i need either an engine or a trans not sure which. FML
I wish my trans would go bad so I'd have an excuse to finally swap in a 5-speed.
Old 06-13-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
I wish my trans would go bad so I'd have an excuse to finally swap in a 5-speed.
just swap one in lol. at least buy the trans and all the clutch stuff. then you really only have to find a shifter and an ecu. used ex trans go for like 100 on craigslist around here. but im about 95% sure its not my trans. i went and got a timing belt and started that. tomorrow i will get the crank bolt off and finish it up.

btw. F that crank pulley bolt. my impact gun did absolutely nothing but break some surface rust off lol. borrowing the crank pulley tool from a friend tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2012

Meh, it's a lot more work now then I'm prepared for...
Need to get the tranny, clutch and all. Manual ECU for best performance, new center console (finding a tan one will be impossible), a shifter... and learning how to drive stick again... (yes, I've only driven a manual once... and not well, haha!)
Not to mention all the shop labor costs. Transmissions are far too complicated for me to tackle on my own. I don't have the necessary equipment either.
Old 06-13-2012
Registered!!

Meh, it's a lot more work now then I'm prepared for...
Need to get the tranny, clutch and all. Manual ECU for best performance, new center console (finding a tan one will be impossible), a shifter... and learning how to drive stick again... (yes, I've only driven a manual once... and not well, haha!)
Not to mention all the shop labor costs. Transmissions are far too complicated for me to tackle on my own. I don't have the necessary equipment either.
ah i know what you mean. kinda like how a year ago when i bought my em2 i kinda dreaded my timing belt. it needed one i just didnt wanna pay so much to get it done. now a year later. went to work car f'ed up and now im changing the timing belt instead of paying someone else.
Old 06-13-2012
Registered!!

well. finally got the crank pulley off. only to find NO WOODRUFF KEY.

that explains why it took almost all of me and a friends weight standing on the cheater pipe to get it off. oh and a few broken 1/2 in drive extensions. maybe the PO thought if they torqued the **** outta the bolt he didnt need a key.

then i found one of the lower timing belt cover bolts stripped to hell and back. gotta figure out how to get it off then put the new one on and time it right, put it all back together and hope it builds compression and i dont need new valves.

fun fun
Old 06-15-2012
Registered!!

looks like this thread is gonna turn more into an engine rebuild thread. from what ive read its fairly easy to rebuild a d series. but i threw a rod bearing aparently. and i cant find a longblock for anything under 1000 and thats with 100k already on it.
Old 06-15-2012
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

agreed im probably doing mine next summer hopefully there is an incredible u-pull by me where i can get a trans for like 100 at most there is a sale day for trans where i can get one for 50 lol but im gonna start out running clutch lines and drilling holes installing the pedal and all the small stuff first to save some time on swap day and i felt the same way you did about doing a swap thinking its too hard but then my view changed on cars and i stopped seeing a car as something only a mechanic can fix but just a bucket of nits and bolts and thats all it really is i just have to find an engine hoist now lol
Old 06-15-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by paulymcd7
agreed im probably doing mine next summer hopefully there is an incredible u-pull by me where i can get a trans for like 100 at most there is a sale day for trans where i can get one for 50 lol but im gonna start out running clutch lines and drilling holes installing the pedal and all the small stuff first to save some time on swap day and i felt the same way you did about doing a swap thinking its too hard but then my view changed on cars and i stopped seeing a car as something only a mechanic can fix but just a bucket of nits and bolts and thats all it really is i just have to find an engine hoist now lol
why do you need a hoist? you should be able to just raise the car enough to drop the trans out the bottom. then use a jack and a block of wood under the oil pan to support the engine. i havent done it like this in my civic yet but worked out pretty well on my buddys celica.

oh yea and im gonna take the oil pan and bottom cage thing off tomorrow and take a look at the rods and the crank. hopefully i can just get away with putting new rod bearings in, and if i have to new rods but im crossing my fingers the crank is okay.
Old 06-16-2012
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

didnt think of that thanks! lol
Old 06-16-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by paulymcd7
didnt think of that thanks! lol
np

just make sure you have a buddy or an extra jack to lift the trans back up onto the engine
Old 06-18-2012
JDM

zoldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

updated pic. got the type r lips. and found a sweet graffiti wall.

Sweet pic. is this in Dayton?
Old 06-18-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by zoldfield
Sweet pic. is this in Dayton?
at california customs in beavercreek ohio
Old 07-08-2012
Registered!!

Shoeheadpnw is an unknown quantity at this point

clean car, mugen twinloop sounds nice..