Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

PWN's build thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough
PWN's build thread

i figured i should probly make a build thread instead of posting each thing i do like i have been lol.

so far the car is stock other than:
SRS 2.5" catback
cold air intake
aluminum TR style front grill
oem coupe wing
yellow fogs
22 mm progress rear sway
ngk iridiums
ngk wires

this is whats up next:

progress csII coils
1-piece strut bars
4-2-1 header
test pipe

im waiting on my csII coilovers from progress right now. back ordered.

actually just ordered the megan 4-2-1 headers and a resonated test pipe.

after i get all that done and the cash i want a fidanza stage 2 clutch with ~9 lb flywheel next.

then eventually:

stage 1 cam
HC valves?
slotted front rotors
red radiator hoses
TR lip kit + skirts
oem leather shift ****
wideband sensor (uego?)
oem si seats or some kind of seat that doesnt make it feel like your getting ejected from the car while turning, but also doesnt cost as much as i paid for the car.
Old 03-18-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PWN's build thread

Sweet another build thread.. without pictures!? get on it!!!
Old 03-19-2012
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BlueEM2
Sweet another build thread.. without pictures!? get on it!!!
lol everything ive done so far is in other posts. but here.

all purdy under the hood...well kind of

srs catback

grill

wing

rear sway

BEAUTIFUL gauges

ahhh. both of them together. RIP EM2
Old 03-19-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Rip Em2

Old 03-19-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Car looks great! rep has been applied.
Old 03-19-2012
Registered!!

i miss my em2...BUT the ej8 is much easier to work on. it took me forever to get the exhaust manifold off on the em2. took me about a minute to get the one on the ej9 off lol. i just miss the looks of the em2.

btw headers will be here tomorrow morning according to ups. ill have pics after i get it on.

ALSO how hard would it be to get rid of the cruise control? i never use it and im tryin to clean up the engine bay. any other tips to clean it up without making a whole new harness appreciated.

Last edited by pwnsauce; 03-20-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old 03-20-2012
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Looking good so far. Get some red plug wires and looms. Digging that treat sway.
Old 03-20-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by maxtierney
Looking good so far. Get some red plug wires and looms. Digging that treat sway.
treat sway? lol

yea i got the wires and went home pulled my plugs dropped the new ngk plugs in then opened the box for the wires and saw they were blue. i didnt even think about checking what color they were lol i figured buying them from advance they would automatically be black. i guess not. but i spent like 70 on the wires alone so their gonna stay for a while lol. or untill i can afford red msd wires, and after the clutch.

once i gather all the stuff im gonna move the battery to the trunk and look into a fuse box relocation. then start tucking and i want red radiator hoses

Last edited by pwnsauce; 03-20-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Old 03-20-2012
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
treat sway? lol

yea i got the wires and went home pulled my plugs dropped the new ngk plugs in then opened the box for the wires and saw they were blue. i didnt even think about checking what color they were lol i figured buying them from advance they would automatically be black. i guess not. but i spent like 70 on the wires alone so their gonna stay for a while lol. or untill i can afford red msd wires, and after the clutch.

once i gather all the stuff im gonna move the battery to the trunk and look into a fuse box relocation. then start tucking and i want red radiator hoses
REAR - Damn Auto Correct
Old 03-20-2012
Registered!!

headers are on...car wont start. ran fine before i started today and all i did was unbolt the mani and cat from the head and exhaust. starter turns the engine over but it wont start. i smell gas so i dont think its fuel. shouldnt be spark since their brand new (damn near) plugs. kinda stumped.

EDIT: hmm pulled my plugs and they were SOAKING wet. waiting for them and the whole engine to dry out before putting them back in. hopefully she will start afterwards.

edit again: no spark to the plugs. anyone know of a way to test an ignition coil?

Last edited by pwnsauce; 03-21-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old 03-22-2012
Registered!!

okay i replaced my ignition coil with an accel coil. i have a leak somewhere in the exhaust, gonna get it sealed today. but car runs a little rough and has a cel. once i get it sealed up and check what the light is for ill have a pic of the headers and maybe a sound clip.
Old 03-23-2012
Registered!!

got the exhaust mostly sealed up...but i checked the code and its p0171 or something like that for 'system too lean'. went ahead and just deleted the code and has yet to come back. getting a new fuel filter tomorrow just in case.

the guy at oreillys said to clean the maf, but we dont have maf's so i should clean the map sensor?

also when im up high in the rpms the engine makes a weird noise...like a ticking noise kind of. i think this is detonation? could be wrong though.
Old 03-28-2012
Registered!!

look what came in today.

installing right now lol
Old 03-29-2012
Registered!!

well their on along with some 17" white motegis wrapped in g-force tires i picked up earlier for 400 since my tires were way worse than i thought they were...metal wires sticking out the insides lol. i have a tight 2 finger gap in the front and lose 2 finger gap in the back for now, till they settle.

sheared one of the front lug studs off, and it still randomly turns off while driving, and it needs an alignment REALLY bad. other than that tho...at least it looks good

anyways heres pics.

fronts
Name:  fpfSf.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  436.8 KB

rear
Name:  1QV7g.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  464.2 KB

the wheels
Name:  WNAjn.jpg
Size:  538.0 KB

finally finished product
Name:  4Hz8s.jpg
Size:  386.6 KB

im gonna try to get some better pics tomorrow and hopefully replace the stud and get an alignment. and look inside my distributor to check on that coil i put in...im not sure if my car dying has to do with spark or not. it turns itself off after bogging pretty bad then wont start back up for a few minutes.
Old 03-29-2012
Registered!!

took the distributor back apart thinking maybe it dying has to do with the coil i put in...put it all back together and started it and it immediately died again. tried to start it back up and it turned over and i got a big cloud of smoke...im bout to push this damn car off a bridge.

but heres a pic in the light.
Name:  WNuMg.jpg
Size:  726.2 KB

Name:  ilej7.jpg
Size:  562.6 KB

Name:  U2Yv0.jpg
Size:  425.7 KB

Last edited by pwnsauce; 03-29-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-02-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Being a total EM2 fan, I must say, that black 6th gen is making me really reconsider what I own, haha. That thing looks sick! Love the white Motegis! All around a clean a well-built Civic. How much did those coilovers run you?
Old 04-03-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
Being a total EM2 fan, I must say, that black 6th gen is making me really reconsider what I own, haha. That thing looks sick! Love the white Motegis! All around a clean a well-built Civic. How much did those coilovers run you?
lol yeah i miss my em2...but i kinda wish i wouldve just bought a 6th gen to begin with. mods yield more benefit, parts are easier to find, and i love the rear of 6th gens. dont get me wrong the em2 was a great little car tho.

i paid about $600 shipped for the coilovers from excelerateperformance.com. theyre the csII super street model.
Old 04-28-2012
Registered!!

update:

took out the power steering a couple weeks ago. feels so much better. no difference in power (so it feels) but i didnt really expect any.

other things have been added to the shopping list though.

es motor mount inserts (i will probly do all of them since the ride is already pretty harsh lol, or atleast do the upper fronts then decide if i wanna do the rest.)

short shifter
aem fuel rail
stainless brake lines clutch line and fuel lines
im likin the black nrg type r style seats
new timing belt and cometic head gasket with arp studs
then le clutch
Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tipnitty is on a distinguished road

Car is looking good man.
Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tipnitty
Car is looking good man.
thank you sir
Old 04-30-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about

Not feeling the rear spoiler, tbh. Other than that, I love it. I want an ej8 or em1 so bad.
Old 04-30-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Artificial
Not feeling the rear spoiler, tbh. Other than that, I love it. I want an ej8 or em1 so bad.
eh

i prefer oem over a bare trunk. but not a park bench.

but to each his own
Old 04-30-2012

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

eh

i prefer oem over a bare trunk. but not a park bench.

but to each his own
Looks good with the OEM wing in my opinon, especially when 90% of the 6th gens on the road have bare trunks. I kinda wish my EM2 was bare because I'd love to do a roof spoiler instead.... but whatever
2 wings might be overkill
Old 04-30-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
Looks good with the OEM wing in my opinon, especially when 90% of the 6th gens on the road have bare trunks. I kinda wish my EM2 was bare because I'd love to do a roof spoiler instead.... but whatever
2 wings might be overkill
perfect reason for cf trunk lid.

1. no holes from oem spoiler
2. lightweight
3. u can have your roof spoiler lol

although personally im not a fan of the roof spoilers ive seen anyway. but the hatch type r wings =
Old 04-30-2012

perfect reason for cf trunk lid.

1. no holes from oem spoiler
2. lightweight
3. u can have your roof spoiler lol

although personally im not a fan of the roof spoilers ive seen anyway. but the hatch type r wings =
My other thought was to wait around a scrap yard until a regualr fiji blue EM2 shows up and I can steal it's trunk. That way I can almost instantly switch between having a wing and not
And i think CF trunnks are unless painted...
Old 04-30-2012
Registered!!

Em1's have their own shade of blue. So i thought.

Edit: Just re-read that. Nevermind lol
Old 05-03-2012
Registered!!

started my wire tuck today. driver side is done.

BEFORE

Name:  Ig9sf.jpg
Size:  653.9 KB

now i took the power steering out a couple weeks ago so that was gone. but first was the cruise control.

Name:  i6LDi.jpg
Size:  639.2 KB

then windsheild washer fluid bottle and all those ugly lines to the nozzles

Name:  QhGqa.jpg
Size:  641.2 KB

driver side all done

Name:  XVEjw.jpg
Size:  681.8 KB
Name:  3Qiot.jpg
Size:  590.2 KB

@ my temporary coolant bottle

Name:  B2etX.jpg
Size:  553.1 KB

finishing up the passenger side tomorrow then back to work for a few days.
will be ordering prothane motor mount inserts friday. for the upper driver and passenger side mounts.
Old 05-04-2012
Registered!!

okay. not as much of a difference on the other side but its done too. theres a few harness back by the battery i still wanna move but ill save that for later.

final before/after pics.

Name:  Ig9sf.jpg
Size:  653.9 KB
Name:  Gplzx.jpg
Size:  666.9 KB

i decided to take the second half of my intake off since it hides all those ac lines back there better. plus a few extra mpg's

next up my motor mount inserts get here saturday. probly installing the front 2 saturday night.

then i need a new ac bracket thing there up front.
a nice radiator stay
and to get some fittings for the steering rack to get rid of that hardline by the driverside front motor mount.
some resevoir covers
then i gotta do something about that mess by the battery.

Last edited by pwnsauce; 05-04-2012 at 03:21 AM.
Old 05-04-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Lookin good.
Old 05-11-2012
Registered!!

oh yeah tuesday i put some prothane motor mount inserts in. for now just the front 2, i will probably put the rear one in but idk when. still is a huge difference than stock. i dont really notice any better acceleration or anything, but they definetly help throttle response i think. plus it stops your mounts from throwing your engine around all over the engine bay. all in all for $40 i like this mod better than any mod ive bought yet. the shifter also shifts like butter.

next up i have some extra cash around i will probably order the clutch. F1 racing stage 2 with 8.4 lbs flywheel. should be nice. the only thing ive heard go wrong with the f1 kits are their release bearings are crap. so i will probably get an act bearing also.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/F1-RACING-ST...ht_3393wt_1022

i might talk myself out of ordering the clutch and just get some black housing headlights and a front and rear type r lip. or an obx twinloop. but idk yet

Last edited by pwnsauce; 05-11-2012 at 03:25 AM.

Quick Reply: PWN's build thread