Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Summer Project [w/ Pics!]

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civiccc2K1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Summer Project [w/ Pics!]

WARNING: This may be a bit lengthy. Any input is highly appreciated, either good or bad. Tell me what / what not I should do. I'm very new to car modifications and I was planning on doing all of these primarily for looks. I have high expectations for this summer and projects I'm going to be doing on my car. Here's what it currently looks like.

Headlights -
I was planning on paint the housing on my stock headlights black. Such as in this picture. LINK

Spoiler -
I have been checking the local ads and Craigslist for a spoiler and I was planning on getting a low OEM civic spoiler to spruce up my trunk a bit.

Fog Lights -
This one's a topic I may need some help on. I don't know whether it would be fine ordering a pair off of eBay or getting the real deal OEM fog lights. If I am to order off of eBay, I was thinking of getting some smoke lens'd fogs such as here. LINK. If I shouldn't go through with eBay, where could I get some less pricey OEM fogs?

Grill -
I am not impressed by the '01 civic grill. I was hoping to maybe grab myself a JDM grill, listed here. LINK.

Emblem -
This is the trickier of them all. I have 2 options. Buying expensive (but extremely sexy) type-R JDM red honda logos, such as here. LINK. Or painting my current logos a different color. I feel the second option would be less pricey but the outcome won't be as satisfying.

and LASTLY.

Rims -
Currently I have Voxx Racing (I think) rims. They aren't the most attractive rims out there, but they were hella cheap and they are very light and ride smooth. Currently they have a bit of curbrash and the color is not pleasing to the eye. I was planning on possibly painting the rims this summer to either a black or a gunmetal color. How would I go about this? How would I get rid of the curbrash? What paint should I use? Maybe turn my rims into something looking like these bad boys.

Thanks again everyone! Any input is highly appreciated (and is subject to ahemm +rep ahemm) and I'd like to stay away from turning my Civ into a ricemobile!
Old 05-31-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Summer Project [w/ Pics!]

Great start and awesome summer plans!!

On the foglights, I have the cheapo ebay fogs and I'm very happy with them. I'm not willing to spend $200+ on foglights because they get beaten up with rock chips pretty badly since they're close to the road.

P.S. I'm moving this thread to Member Rides, that's the most appropriate place for build threads.
Old 05-31-2011
Registered!!

Thanks bomber. On the other forum I got a nice link for "OEM" smoke fogs. I will go through with that. And thanks for moving this thread to the right place. I was wondering where the best place to put it would be...
Old 05-31-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

No problem.

If you go with the Type-R badge definitely don't cheap out, get the expensive OEM one if you go that route. The cheapo ones look terrible and fill with condensation.

I'll hook you up with a link to a killer curb rash repair and rim painting DIY tonight.
Old 05-31-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

A front lip or even an entire lip kit, depending on what you want, spruces up the appearance a lot. The OEM under spoiler is nice but, doesn't lower the front any. Also it isn't cheap: http://www.handa-accessories.com/civic/civfus01.jpg Or the OEM lip lowers it about an inch or so, #3: http://www.hondapartscheap.com/south...t=0&quantity=0 Keep in mind, modify it too much and it starts looking rice.
Old 05-31-2011
Registered!!

@bomber - I found a link that looks pretty legitimate but the price concerns me of the quality. LINK Would I be safe going that route or should I go with the more expensive ones like here ( 110 bucks! )-: ). LINK. OH, get the DIY's comin, I want to paint these rims soon! (;

@lazlong - I was looking into a lip kit, or even a front and back lip set. But the ones I've found are either "JDM" 35.00 ones on eBay that would last a whole week, or they are very expensive. ):
Old 05-31-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

look at billkisme thread -he had a volvo lip that worked well.