The other ride (Z) - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2011   #1  
Pretty friggin old-school member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

silver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of light
The other ride (Z)

I mentioned the Z in my other post. Figured I'd post it too. The murano is there too, but who cares about that

2006 Touring. Bought it new in 06. Hope to keep it till the wheels fall off.

silver_surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #2  
2001 Civic LX

garden772 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The other ride (Z)

The Fairlady Z is such a sweet looking car but with a menacing side to it. SInce its 06 its the 350z right?
garden772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #3  
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Mmm sexy car ! <3
iSharix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #4  

silver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by garden772 View Post
The Fairlady Z is such a sweet looking car but with a menacing side to it. SInce its 06 its the 350z right?
Yeah, it's a 350z. It's the 300hp rev-up engine. 2005 was 287hp, 2007 was 305. I guess I got the middle man.
Old 04-26-2011   #5  
2001 Civic LX

garden772 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_surfer View Post
Yeah, it's a 350z. It's the 300hp rev-up engine. 2005 was 287hp, 2007 was 305. I guess I got the middle man.
Isn't that how it always is lol. You buy one thing now next year they change the sucker. You haven't installed any performance mods? Seems like it is better suited for interior/performance mods than exterior mods.
garden772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #6  
Super Moderator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

have you ever turned the traction control off? Some do it the first time in their first time autoX thinking they are big shots in their shiny car
They come back almost crying and never turn it off afterwards

After bashing it, i need to complement - nice car! :P

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-26-2011 at 09:25 PM.
sdaidoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #7  
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Try turning off the traction control on an M5, god damn that was scary even driving normally.

I'm a big fan of 350zs, a couple of my friends own them, definitely one of the three cars I'd consider buying when my civic dies.

Last edited by MindBomber; 04-26-2011 at 10:43 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #8  
Super Moderator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Yeh, i would guess M5 is luxury type with a stupidy engine under the hood... Agree they should be scarier than the Z...
Old 04-26-2011   #9  

Yeah I turn off VDC quite often. I don't really street race, but I get on it once in a while. You go from 1st to 2nd at max RPM with it on and it bogs down. Pretty annoying. I've left it stock too. I bought it with the NISMO exhaust from the dealer. Makes it sound much nicer IMO. Don't know if I'll ever decide to boost it. I'd like to, but I like it not detonating on me on some random Tuesday.
Old 04-27-2011   #10  
Person

lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Hope to keep it till the wheels fall off.
When they do fall off let me know! lol
lollygagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #11  
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah I turn off VDC quite often.
you have cojones! thumbs up
Old 04-27-2011   #12  
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

one pixture?!?!?/ thats it????!!!!!!!!

post more or else ill ban you! lolz
sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #13  
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

You guys are spoiled. lol. I drove for years before traction control was readily available, you just learn like anything else. It's just like cellphones- what the hell did we do before we had 'em. lol.
lazlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #14  

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazlong View Post
You guys are spoiled. lol. I drove for years before traction control was readily available, you just learn like anything else. It's just like cellphones- what the hell did we do before we had 'em. lol.
whats a cellphone? is it those things that flip and only have one color on the screen? can it make phone calls like my iphone?
Old 04-28-2011   #15  
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi View Post
whats a cellphone? is it those things that flip and only have one color on the screen? can it make phone calls like my iphone?
What're phone calls?

Is it like an early version of black berry messenger?
Old 04-28-2011   #16  
Person

lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
What're phone calls?

Is it like an early version of black berry messenger?
What's blackberry messenger....is that like some early version of facetime?
lollygagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollygagger View Post
What's blackberry messenger....is that like some early version of facetime?
win.

but BBM is FTMFW!
Old 04-28-2011   #18  
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi View Post
win.

but BBM is FTMFW!
Then why do you have an iphone
Old 04-28-2011   #19  
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazlong View Post
I drove for years before traction control was readily available, you just learn like anything else.
Actually, non... At these power levels, having had only diven with traction control, the guys were REALLY about to cry when they came out of the car... They did not have an idea what the car is actually capable of, including kicking the crap out of some oblivious drivers that thought they were big shots with the electronic control on... Pity...
Old 04-28-2011   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Then why do you have an iphone
because i actually want to be able to do stuff on my phone...

the only thing i managed to do on my BB was check email, bbm, and make these so called "phone calls"

dont get my worng, i had a BB for 6 years all the way from the 7, 8, 9 series... great phone.

thats where it ends. lol plus most my friends dont have BBM anymore.