Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ElvinTostig can only hope to improve
Help!

The other forum is closed and I need answers NOW, sorry!

Hi All!

Here's the situation: The dealer says I can have a new 2012 Honda Civic ex v-tec *OUT THE DOOR* for $22,750.00. Please tell me, on a scale of one to ten (with ten being GREAT for me!) where would you rate his offer?

He wants me to do this today ... and so I REALLY need to get immediately any feed back you can give me about this.

The car has a sun/moon roof and has about everything (as far as I can tell) except for leather seats. It's an automatic and it's beautiful!!

My only gripe is that he says the coupes won't be in for another two or three months (because of the recent disaster in Japan) so I'll settle for a sedan.

Please be good sports and forgive for posting this here, thanks!!
Old 04-28-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Help!

It's tough when people make threads asking is this car price deal or not, because prices vary regionally. In Canada, that would be an absolutely amazing deal lol.

I really like the 9th gen sedan if that helps
Old 04-28-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
It's tough when people make threads asking is this car price deal or not, because prices vary regionally. In Canada, that would be an absolutely amazing deal lol.

I really like the 9th gen sedan if that helps
Thanks for the input, such as it is.
Old 04-28-2011
Person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

I personally don't but to each his own! Doesn't seem to bad for an EX with all the gizmos
Old 04-28-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Omg I'd jump on that deal right away if you're in Canada! That's cheaaaaap !
Old 04-28-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by iSharix
Omg I'd jump on that deal right away if you're in Canada! That's cheaaaaap !
DEAR LORD IM NOT IN CANDA, I'M AMERICAN. SORRY TO SOUND UPSET BUT I WOULD TO HEAR WHAT AN AMERICAN HAS TO SAY ABOUT THIS BECAUSE OUR MONEY VALUES ARE DIFFENT AND NOW I'M SOUPPED TO LET THIS GUY KNOW IT A MINUTE BUT NO AMERICAN HAS A WORD TO SASY: hithead:
Old 04-28-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Calm down, take a deep breath.

if your american it's an average deal.

Don't let the marketing tactic of trying to settle the deal today pressure you to buy, go to a couple other dealers and ask if they'll match or beat that price. if they won't you know it's a good deal for your area.

Last edited by MindBomber; 04-28-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-28-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,452 Likes on 1,205 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

The lauch was last week, so no one knows for real if that is a good deal or not...
Are you very young, BTW?
Follow MB's recommendation above... That's the logical way... And prices could be up since many are waiting for the delivery... If you want a really good deal, "logically" i would be looking for the remaining inventory of the 2011, instead...And i am in Canada now, but i have been in US for 7 years...
Old 04-28-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ElvinTostig
DEAR LORD IM NOT IN CANDA, I'M AMERICAN. SORRY TO SOUND UPSET BUT I WOULD TO HEAR WHAT AN AMERICAN HAS TO SAY ABOUT THIS BECAUSE OUR MONEY VALUES ARE DIFFENT AND NOW I'M SOUPPED TO LET THIS GUY KNOW IT A MINUTE BUT NO AMERICAN HAS A WORD TO SASY: hithead:
Wowza. Calm your *** American. You didn't even state where the hell you were from. You asked for input, we gave it to you.
Old 04-28-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

To reinforce my point, the first 2 years of a new generation are to work out what the issues of the new design are, and the 3rd year forward is to change tand improve the issues found on the first 2 years. So you are better off getting the later years anyway... They are the tuned version.
Now, WTF are you so desperate?...
Yung uns'...
Old 04-28-2011
Registered!!

thefatalepic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
To reinforce my point, the first 2 years of a new generation are to work out what the issues of the new design are, and the 3rd year forward is to change tand improve the issues found on the first 2 years. So you are better off getting the later years anyway... They are the tuned version.
Now, WTF are you so desperate?...
Yung uns'...
Damn. I should have got another 2002 instead of the salvaged 2001 I bought.. lol.
Old 04-28-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by thefatalepic
Damn. I should have got another 2002 instead of the salvaged 2001 I bought.. lol.
There are only a couple minor design flaws in the 2001, I wouldn't worry about it. The salvaged title though... that's another story.
Old 04-28-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

non, you would have been better off with the 2003
02 have better front top mounts, with metal bearing separators, 03+ have thicker 16mm front crash bolts and 55mm front struts. 04+ have wideband O2 sensors (downside is that they cost 4x the narrow band and not sure if they really do that diff a job...)
Old 04-28-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by iSharix
Wowza. Calm your *** American. You didn't even state where the hell you were from. You asked for input, we gave it to you.
Well, I've calmed down a little, Canadian. Talked to the dealer a few minutes ago and expressed my frustration about not being able to find any OTD prices on the car (even though many people looked at my posts in this website and another). Not wanting to be hosed, I felt a nervous break down on the way and got a little -- how shall I say? -- irritated ... only to then realize that this was a Canadian website!

Goodness gracious. Let's start over.

Soooooo friends, they've got computers in Canada, 'eh? That's nice

Yes; I'm in the market for a nice car. I shall do some research in a dignified way (now that the dealer is off my back and said I could get with them tomorrow).

Chat with you soon, Friends, it's been real.

Btw, I'm a little disappointed that my tread was hijacked.
Old 04-28-2011
Registered!!

thefatalepic is an unknown quantity at this point

Eh, I was in a hurry :X, I needed a way to get to work and FAST. I had nice deals lined up but they all flaked (all five of them).

The worst was when I drove 2 hours to see a white RSX for $4,700. I get there at 7 (didn't give me the exact address, only the city) and ask for the address - turns out he was called into work and if I want to see the car I need to wait 'till 11PM when he gets out. His "brother" has the phone at this point and when I text for the address - no reply. I try calling at 10PM and again at 10:30 to get the address - no answer. I FINALLY get a hold of the guy at 11:15 and he says "Sorry bro I sold it 20 min ago."

My next move was to see a 2001 Salvaged EX at 8PM after I got off of work. It's dark and I couldn't get a great look at the car but he pointed out a bunch of things that were cheap to fix. I hand him $3.5k and take the car. The next morning I realize he crashed into something with the right side and had a very cheap repair done. There are chunks missing from the rims and you can see the dents in the sun, all over the passenger side. This wasn't why it was salvaged, mind you, since it was Junk Title in 2003 and I'm almost positive the accident was recent. Hence it having an OEM spring on the passenger rear.

Sorry I hijack threads sometimes, not on purpose, just habit.

</thread-hijack>
Old 04-28-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Well, I've calmed down a little, Canadian. only to then realize that this was a Canadian website!

I shall do some research in a dignified way
Please answer your canadian counterparts in a dignified way as well. No, I am not canadian

If i see you ever threadjacking, you know what will come.

One more and you get a bad rep. From a Tennessian. Warning issued.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-28-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-28-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

There are actually a lot more Americans than Canadians on this site, its just the Americans are all out enjoying the early beginnings of summer while us Canadian's scream at our televisions with play offs entering the second round.

We won't thread jack it to badly

Well, I've calmed down a little, Canadian. Talked to the dealer a few minutes ago and expressed my frustration about not being able to find any OTD prices on the car (even though many people looked at my posts in this website and another). Not wanting to be hosed, I felt a nervous break down on the way and got a little -- how shall I say? -- irritated ... only to then realize that this was a Canadian website!

Yes; I'm in the market for a nice car. I shall do some research in a dignified way (now that the dealer is off my back and said I could get with them tomorrow).

Old 04-28-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

thought twice. You were unpleasant enough to the forum.
Kids. iSharix, you much much better .

Last edited by sdaidoji; 04-28-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-28-2011
=)

You're real funny dude, but to answer you..yeah we have computers up here, didn't you know we can get internet services in our igloos ?

Originally Posted by MindBomber
There are actually a lot more Americans than Canadians on this site, its just the Americans are all out enjoying the early beginnings of summer while us Canadian's scream at our televisions with play offs entering the second round.

We won't thread jack it to badly
Born and raised in Canada....am I the ONLY one that doesn't watch or enjoy hockey ?
Old 04-28-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Just another Canadian here surfing the net from my webgloo. That being said, it's an amazing price in Canada.. LOFL
Old 04-28-2011
Registered!!

Well my new Pals, I'm so glad that we've all had a good laugh now that our little misunderstanding has been cleared up. And I want you to know that I do forgive you.

I had a wonderful flash of my genius a little while ago and calmly talked to the sales lady and stated that I would like to get the Civic Coupe when it arrives but that I would be willing to pay for it with cash a week from now. She was agreeable to this and so in a month or two, The Good Lord willing, I will be taking delivery of a shinny brand new 2012 Civic Coupe!!

It's pretty sweet that this old former janitor will soon be the owner of something so nice as this car coming down the pike. I had to clean a lot of urinals and take my share of abuse being the lowliest of the lowly, but soon I'll be in this wonderful car and discovering what it feels like to be a human being.

I've never had a BRAND NEW CAR before and it's going to be sooo cool to drive down the long, winding road with the moon roof open while imagining some hot babe laughing at all of my jokes and telling me how handsome I am. Maybe I'll even have a Neil Young song playing from my iTouch.

I don't know what colors I want, but Methink I'm leaning towards all black.

Life really can be wonderful.
Old 04-28-2011
=)

Old 04-28-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Why do people get mad about locations when they don't it in their user info?
Old 04-28-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

this is a very strange thread.

I kind of want to close it, I guess I shouldn't, but I want to..
Old 04-28-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Please do...
Old 04-28-2011
=)

Ibtl!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
thought twice. You were unpleasant enough to the forum.
Kids. iSharix, you much much better .
Umm what, lol ?
Old 04-28-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Ah, i commented on the age, but i know you still 18, but much much better than this alleged old fart OP... And i AM an old fart almost 40
Old 04-29-2011
Person

lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

I think MelJ and me are the only Americans...lol but we're in Troy so it's pretty much Canada
Old 04-29-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's time for a close Austin. It's strange and only going to get stranger. Especially if I start my shenanigans.
Old 04-29-2011
Person

Originally Posted by tbohar
I think it's time for a close Austin. It's strange and only going to get stranger. Especially if I start my shenanigans.
Go on....lol