Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My ugly '04 Hybrid. Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LaNier is an unknown quantity at this point
My ugly '04 Hybrid. Need help!

http://images.gtcarlot.com/gtgallery/3541944-640.jpg

That's exactly what I have had for 2 years now. The color hasn't started bothering me until recently. What do you recommend I do in order to beef up my ride and make it look, well, less lame?

I was considering black rims and some tint, but I'm not sure if the "powder baby-blue Easter" color is going to allow the car to ever look "cool", no matter what I try. Don't want to resort to painting. Suggestions?

Forgive me if this is in the wrong section. I figure it's for showing off rides, and feedback surely comes after that. So, here's me showing off my ride. Feedback is highly desired.
Old 02-27-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My ugly '04 Hybrid. Need help!

i think it looks nice already. keep those rims cause they are giving you the better gas mileage. if you have to get different ones, try to pick a lighter rim under the stock 15 lbs. i think those are 14's but 15's should be okay too (you would need new tires tho).
Old 02-27-2011
I haven't been here in a long time

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

I like the color. Lowering before rims will give it a meaner stance, therefore making it cooler. once you lower it pic a nice beefy rim. I wouldnt suggest anything bigger than 17. I'm actually partial to 16's. Make the car looks sweet. You can tint it, add some BOH, uh...remove the mud flaps (and sell them to me) oh and some bad *** jdm yellow foggies haha.

but lowering and a nice set of rims will help fosho. dont do black...that would be too harsh for the color, silver and even dark grey like gunmetal would look great.
Old 02-27-2011
Registered!!

02_d17a1_dx is an unknown quantity at this point

If you get rims, get some hx rims and polish them, dont go black, and theyll still give you great gas mileage, lowering is a good idea as well.

I think polished hx rims would look badass on a hybrid.
Old 02-27-2011
Registered!!

LaNier is an unknown quantity at this point

I decided I'll go ahead and lower it, for sure. How low, exactly? I don't know anything about vehicles, to be honest. I hear of people who get a "six inch lift" on their truck but it looks like 2 feet to me! How many inches should I lower my Civic Hybrid?

What % of tint should I get? Don't want it to be too dark and clash with the light blue color of the body.

I was thinking about getting gunmetal rims like another user suggested, and am assuming the rims and tint should somewhat match.
Old 02-27-2011
I haven't been here in a long time

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

Use the search for what lowering hight you like. I would pm the member whose car you like and ask what lowering springs and shock combo they used. I say do an inch and a half.

On tint go 35% :-)
Old 03-01-2011
2010 Civic Si

K20Z3 is on a distinguished road

I agree with the crowd. Rims + Lowering + Tints and maybe even some fogs.
Old 03-03-2011
Registered!!

LTDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha. My room mate has that exact same car! He loves it and refuses to give it up. It's a good car, but his brother in law is constantly making fun of him for it. I think it's a great car regardless of what anyone says. As for lowering the car, I wouldn't go more than a 1" drop, as it really takes away from the drivability of the car. It's tough to go over speed bumps. You have to be careful on steep driveways. Not really worth it IMO. You may not like the rims, but they are really light and add to the milage, and the tires are pretty cheap for those rims. 35% tint will probably be the best option.
Old 03-04-2011
2010 Civic Si

K20Z3 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by LTDan
Haha. My room mate has that exact same car! He loves it and refuses to give it up. It's a good car, but his brother in law is constantly making fun of him for it. I think it's a great car regardless of what anyone says. As for lowering the car, I wouldn't go more than a 1" drop, as it really takes away from the drivability of the car. It's tough to go over speed bumps. You have to be careful on steep driveways. Not really worth it IMO. You may not like the rims, but they are really light and add to the milage, and the tires are pretty cheap for those rims. 35% tint will probably be the best option.
Its true, its not really the right kinda car to be doing mods on, everything on it was built for a purpose and changing it might yield negative results.

Maybe lowering it will decrease the drag coefficient and increase fuel efficiency?
Old 03-04-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

1 inch drop would help fuel economy yes. everything else you need to be careful about. the front bumper, lower covers, mirrors, and wheels were specially designed to increase aerodynamics.
Old 03-04-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I'm lowered 1.4 inches and thats a nice balance between low and functional. I absolutely love the colour, it's up there with Amethyst Pearl as one of my all time favourites.
Old 03-04-2011
Premium Member

yeah 1.5 inch is the lowest i would go for performance. here are some interesting hybrid features: its for 03 but 04-05 was pretty much the same car with slight exterior changes in the headlights and bumpers.

http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/ar...=2003112038102