Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Goodbye Lexus Hello S2000

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Goodbye Lexus Hello S2000

I have a buddy that picked this up for me today out of state. I was nervous as hell doing it like this but I had to move fast and be pushy. It was listed last night and already had 3 people looking at it. I told him I'd give him a non-refundable deposit even if I didn't get the car. Carfax was perfect.

I can't even tell you guys what a journey buying one of these cars in this price range is. I bet I've sent 30 emails that went unanswered to...

Flying to Texas tomorrow to pick it up.

Details from the ad:

2000 Honda S2000-red convertible in good condition. 112,300 miles. Only 2 owners and I've owned the car since 2003.
Features: Alpine stereo cd/door speakers with remote control with Alpine amplifier. Viper alarm system. XM radio. Invidia dual exhaust system.

Old 02-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Goodbye Lexus Hello S2000

Welcome back to driving a Honda!

Do you mind if I ask what you paid for it that you needed to move so quickly? In Vancouver it's impossible to find an s2000 for below $20k, if one ever were offered for less it would sell in a couple hours.
Old 02-03-2011
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

$7,800
Old 02-03-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

What 8k?!
Old 02-03-2011
Registered!!

remmick69 will become famous soon enough

Where about in texas was it located? Im taking it you havnt seen the car in person till you pick it up. Make sure you listem to see if the timing chain tensioner isnt bad.. Youll know the sound when you drive it untill it warms up nd pop the hood..(loud tick) and oil pumps seem to go bad too... Just giving you heads up from one S2k owner to soon be another.. Enjoy the 9K shifting..
Old 02-03-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

haha damn thats cheap, just be sure its not a lemon. usually theres no reason for someone to sell so cheap unless they are moving out of the country in a week.
Old 02-03-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Damn!!!!Nice pickup for 8k.
Old 02-03-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,199 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

the AP1 was king of easily oversteering, so read up some on how to correct that?
hope all goes well there!
The kids will ride where now?
Old 02-04-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rufus
$7,800
God damn, I would have driven from Canada to buy it for that price..

I've never seen a S2000 sell for less than $20,000 in Vancouver and even that would sell for within 12 hours. A wrecked shell is even worth $10-12k here!
Old 02-04-2011
Registered!!

kbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura about

priceless!!
Old 02-04-2011
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by MindBomber
God damn, I would have driven from Canada to buy it for that price..

I've never seen a S2000 sell for less than $20,000 in Vancouver and even that would sell for within 12 hours. A wrecked shell is even worth $10-12k here!
Check out craigslist of portland oregon and seattle washington... there are always s2k'2 for under 15k... Keep in mind this one is a 2000.. meaning, 11 years old. They didnt originally cost all that much to begin with.

My ideal s2k is an 05 ap2, black on black, 60k miles, clean carfax, good softtop/leathers/carpet/paint... I'd then cop a hardtop for it and rock that badboy into the ground over the next 20 years.
Old 02-04-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Check out craigslist of portland oregon and seattle washington... there are always s2k'2 for under 15k... Keep in mind this one is a 2000.. meaning, 11 years old. They didnt originally cost all that much to begin with.
Car prices are a lot lower in the states, so much lower that people are prohibited from importing cars less than a year old, because every dealership in Canada would go out of business otherwise. In perspective, my Civic cost $33k when it drove off the dealers lot. After import duties and modifications to make a 15K car legal in Canada it would end up costing close to 20k, but still, importing cars from the states is very common.
Old 02-04-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Btw,did you ever sell the GS Rufus?Just wondering.A lot of stuff is cheaper in the states.Plus Canada has a higher tax.I still wanna move to Vancouver someday.
Old 02-08-2011
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

hate you now! my 02 cost 9k in 2009 =(
Old 03-28-2011
Premium Member

Originally Posted by VTEC-2.0
Btw,did you ever sell the GS Rufus?Just wondering.A lot of stuff is cheaper in the states.Plus Canada has a higher tax.I still wanna move to Vancouver someday.
Yup sold it for $7800.

As an update, I hit a deer coming home. Car is getting repainted and it needed a clutch. Fun

False floor being built

Right before paint

All emblems have been shaved and the car is also getting an AP1 lip and has been lowered on springs.
Old 03-28-2011
Premium Member

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
the AP1 was king of easily oversteering, so read up some on how to correct that?
hope all goes well there!
The kids will ride where now?
This car gets sideways in simple turns by just thumping the throttle. It's amazing. Even with a bad clutch. However, I've never dumped the clutch, redlined the car, etc. It's amazing but I think the car has been a work in progress since I bought it which detracted from my s2k experience overall. It got new seats, new back window, etc. To boot, I have to sell it at the end of summer before the baby comes but I'll probably get a little over 9k out of it. Aiming to get into a TSX.

BTW, the ultrasound has been confirmed. I'm having a GIRL!
Old 03-28-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,199 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

congrats on soon-to-be daddy!

on a separate note, you are the 3rd one reporting a bad encounter with rudolph this year...

so, glad you were OK as well as the other 2...
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ky-anyone.html
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...t-rudolph.html

Last edited by sdaidoji; 03-28-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-28-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ouch at least is was a side hit and not right in the middle. otherwise i bet all sorts of things would be damaged.
Old 03-28-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Dam, everyone's hitting deers nowadays, but anyways, nice pickup!
Old 03-30-2011
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Congrats on the girl bro!

I hate opening your threads because I always fear I'm going to see your ride off near the shoulder engulfed in flames again again. The deer hit isnt that bad... is that scratch on the hood from the antlers?
Old 03-31-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Nice buy. I picked one of these up last summer. They are super fun to drive. Have fun
Old 04-14-2011
Premium Member

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Congrats on the girl bro!

I hate opening your threads because I always fear I'm going to see your ride off near the shoulder engulfed in flames again again. The deer hit isnt that bad... is that scratch on the hood from the antlers?
It was... Car is painted now though...

Old 04-14-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Looks good

...is that seriously your License plate?

I would think charlie sheen was driving it :X
Old 04-14-2011
Registered!!

TreeFortRichard can only hope to improve

With your care and AZ weather that car will last another 20 years...It's almost a sin to drive cars in Massachusetts..
Old 04-14-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Most amazing license plate EVER!
Old 04-25-2011
Premium Member

Thanks guys. I've prolly seen about 10 people taking pictures of the plate at stop lights.
Old 04-25-2011
Registered!!

remmick69 will become famous soon enough

Did you take the black plastic off the roll hoops or did it come like that?
Old 04-25-2011
Premium Member

I took it all out because I bought a new back window and I needed that back trim piece off to paint the trunk.