Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Lotus Elise - just took delivery!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Lotus Elise - just purchased!

back on topic...
but i still take a lotus over just about any car tho. lol especially an exige or a 2eleven. drool.

i remember watching topgear or something like that and they were doing a comparasion of a 2eleven, ariel atom3, and the caterham... the 2eleven was the "fastest" around the track because it was so refined. but comparing the cars side by side, the atom was truly the fastest, but because it was so "raw" and damn fast, they had trouble with controlling it in some corners.... so again, it goes back to how well u are able to use the potential of the car.

lotus FTW.
Old 01-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Hmmm how about a Porsche 914? I have always wanted one of those! Kinda the Elise of the 70's!
Old 01-07-2011

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
Hmmm how about a Porsche 914? I have always wanted one of those! Kinda the Elise of the 70's!

i think thats the problems with cars today. they are so high tech and pretty much drive FOR you...making you seem like a professional driver (well, i dont know bout those farrari drivers who keep crashing their cars tho )

dont get my wrong, i understand the innovation and necessity of technology, but...

i would love to see cars go back to the standard manual gearbox where you HAD to be skilled to drive it fast.

i bet generations from now would think of us old manual transmission gearheads as idiots for driving such a POS technology. lol
Old 01-07-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

yeah, imagine who never drove without ABS trying to brake in the snow without ABS
PS: the best drivers can stop faster without
Old 01-07-2011
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

i don't have abs (it's broken), guess i'm ag good driver then, lol
Old 01-07-2011
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi

i think thats the problems with cars today. they are so high tech and pretty much drive FOR you...making you seem like a professional driver (well, i dont know bout those farrari drivers who keep crashing their cars tho )

dont get my wrong, i understand the innovation and necessity of technology, but...

i would love to see cars go back to the standard manual gearbox where you HAD to be skilled to drive it fast.

i bet generations from now would think of us old manual transmission gearheads as idiots for driving such a POS technology. lol

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
yeah, imagine who never drove without ABS trying to brake in the snow without ABS
PS: the best drivers can stop faster without
This is the mentality I had when looking for a new car. Remember, I had an Audi TT. That car did EVERYTHING with electronics. And every time they stepped in, I felt like it was holding me back.

I have a huge list of things I hated about the TT, the worst of all being the god-awful DSG. All of them follow one theme: they all get between me and actually driving the car. That's why I got what I did.

The car is finally ready. Later this year, maybe in the spring, I'll have had a lot more time with the thing. I'll post an update on what it's actually like to live with.
Old 01-07-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mac25
i don't have abs (it's broken), guess i'm ag good driver then, lol
as long as you can stop without including a sudden encounter with anything too big, and still stop faster than you would with ABS and still capablle of steering while at full braking, prolly yes
Old 01-07-2011
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

lol, well i wish it was working... right now it's just in my car eatting gas as i lug it arround.
Old 01-07-2011

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold

I forgot just how great a community this place was. All these replies and good discussion made me remember. It might not be '7thgencivic' like I remember, but it's still obviously a great place to be.
Old 01-07-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i also hate how electronics and computers have taken over new cars. i drove an 8thgen with DBW throttle (no cable) and it felt like i wasnt even driving lol.
Old 01-07-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

back on topic...
but i still take a lotus over just about any car tho. lol especially an exige or a 2eleven. drool.

i remember watching topgear or something like that and they were doing a comparasion of a 2eleven, ariel atom3, and the caterham... the 2eleven was the "fastest" around the track because it was so refined. but comparing the cars side by side, the atom was truly the fastest, but because it was so "raw" and damn fast, they had trouble with controlling it in some corners.... so again, it goes back to how well u are able to use the potential of the car.

lotus FTW.
I really like the Caterham R500.It was on Top Gear as well in a review by Richard Hammond.The R500 marked a 1:17.9 faster than the Buggatti Veyron,Zonda F,MC12,Enzo,Muriciealago LP670-SV.The R500 is around $60,000,but I like that it looks classic in some way I can't describe,and that it'd be a fun car to drive to the beach or a track.Something like that.Was the 2Eleven on Top Gear the fully road legal version?It's a fast car indeed,0-60 in 3.8.A little more expensive than the Caterham.
Old 01-08-2011
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Stock 99
true that!

My bike is not a rocket by any means but the feeling of driving it doesn't compare to anything else.
True I will never give up Bikes. But I am also trying to get a track car together by this summer. I still like sliding around and having a little more room for mistakes
Old 01-08-2011

Originally Posted by VTEC-2.0
I really like the Caterham R500.It was on Top Gear as well in a review by Richard Hammond.The R500 marked a 1:17.9 faster than the Buggatti Veyron,Zonda F,MC12,Enzo,Muriciealago LP670-SV.The R500 is around $60,000,but I like that it looks classic in some way I can't describe,and that it'd be a fun car to drive to the beach or a track.Something like that.Was the 2Eleven on Top Gear the fully road legal version?It's a fast car indeed,0-60 in 3.8.A little more expensive than the Caterham.
The problem with something like a Caterham (Lotus 7) or an Atom is that you need a garage, and you really have to be careful when you drive it. An Elise or Exige at least can function like a normal car somewhat - you can drive it in the rain with minimal issues, etc.

The 2-Eleven, or however you type it, is not street legal in the US, period. There is a UK legal one, but nothing for the US. It's also starting around $75k - $80k so way out of my price range. From the reviews the 2-Eleven is a very sorted package - easy to drive quickly. The Atom and Caterham take a lot more driver skill to go the same speed. They are hyper sensitive and the power might be 'too much' for either of those cars to ever feel completely balanced.
Old 01-08-2011

Originally Posted by diskreet
I forgot just how great a community this place was. All these replies and good discussion made me remember. It might not be '7thgencivic' like I remember, but it's still obviously a great place to be.
yup. we've been through a lot on this forums since 7thgencivic, but everything is turning for the better.

True I will never give up Bikes. But I am also trying to get a track car together by this summer. I still like sliding around and having a little more room for mistakes
track day on a bike > everything else. [PERIOD]

The problem with something like a Caterham (Lotus 7) or an Atom is that you need a garage, and you really have to be careful when you drive it.
haha oh diskreet, please tell me ur lotus will be in a garage... if u can afford one of these bad boys im sure u have room for it in the garage.'

hell you can borrow mine if u like. all i ask is you let me borrow it on sundays. lol
Old 01-08-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

The problem with something like a Caterham (Lotus 7) or an Atom is that you need a garage, and you really have to be careful when you drive it. An Elise or Exige at least can function like a normal car somewhat - you can drive it in the rain with minimal issues, etc.

The 2-Eleven, or however you type it, is not street legal in the US, period. There is a UK legal one, but nothing for the US. It's also starting around $75k - $80k so way out of my price range. From the reviews the 2-Eleven is a very sorted package - easy to drive quickly. The Atom and Caterham take a lot more driver skill to go the same speed. They are hyper sensitive and the power might be 'too much' for either of those cars to ever feel completely balanced.
Yeah,if I had a Caterham,I'd only drive it on hot or cool sunny weather.I would still take a GT3 anyday though.Lol.Oh btw,is it pronounced Cater-Ham or Kay-Trum?I heard Richard Hammond pronounce it Kay-Trum but I say it the other way.
Old 01-10-2011

haha oh diskreet, please tell me ur lotus will be in a garage... if u can afford one of these bad boys im sure u have room for it in the garage.
Lol nope. My fiance and I live in an apartment. It's cheap to live here, and we're both doing well, so we're taking advantage of it. For her, that's paying off student loans, vacations and nice around-the-house stuff. For me, that's buying an engagement ring and then a Lotus.

Don't worry, though. The car is at the dealership until after this week's snow storm, and I already have the car cover. It might go in my parent's garage for the winter, assuming I can stand the thought of not driving it on the nice few days we have this winter.
Old 01-10-2011
Registered!!

No keep it away from that salt!

FYI: I found a car that I really like but I need to sell my bike so I can get it.
Old 01-10-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

drive it in winter too. you bought it to enjoy, not to store in a garage. just wash it more often.
Old 01-10-2011

Lol nope. My fiance and I live in an apartment. It's cheap to live here, and we're both doing well, so we're taking advantage of it. For her, that's paying off student loans, vacations and nice around-the-house stuff. For me, that's buying an engagement ring and then a Lotus.

Don't worry, though. The car is at the dealership until after this week's snow storm, and I already have the car cover. It might go in my parent's garage for the winter, assuming I can stand the thought of not driving it on the nice few days we have this winter.
hey man, u can come over and put it on my garage any time, just let me borrow it once in a while

and as others have state, salt (in snow) and aluminum (ur chassis) dont mix well.

but as gearbox said it, u bought it to drive it, not to store it. drive it like u stole it, and wash it like u own it.

////////////edit

i see you live in PA.....well i live in CA... its only a few letters difference in the alphabet...and a few thousand miles away, im sure we can arrange something. hahahha =P
Old 01-10-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you can always undercoat the bottom to help a bit, but personally, I dont like the idea of a car cover.
I think it scratches up the paint...

Anyways, if you come by the golden state, let me know, i'd love to check it out as well
Old 01-10-2011
Premium Member

+1 about car cover, and it encourages thieves to see what there is underneath.
Old 01-10-2011
Registered!!

zjknicks is an unknown quantity at this point

ahhh so nice! congrats!
Old 01-10-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
So how is that worse than no car cover?
Old 01-10-2011

FYI: I found a car that I really like but I need to sell my bike so I can get it.
What car?!

drive it in winter too. you bought it to enjoy, not to store in a garage. just wash it more often.
So long as it's warm enough (30+ F) and the roads are dry and salt free, I will.

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Well, you can always undercoat the bottom to help a bit, but personally, I dont like the idea of a car cover.
I think it scratches up the paint...

Anyways, if you come by the golden state, let me know, i'd love to check it out as well
The entire underside of the Elise is flat... and aluminum.

Car cover is a Weathersheild car cover. It's about as non-abrasive as they come. I'll wax the car as soon as I get a chance, which will prevent any damage from the cover. The cover can also be washed pretty easily.

There's no mistaking a Lotus Elise, covered or not. The cover will be locked, of course, but I doubt anyone will look at it and wonder what it is.

I just purchased a locking gas cap for the car. I'll put it on as soon as I pick it up. Looks like snow storm Tuesday here in PA, so hopefully by Friday I can get it!

Last edited by diskreet; 01-10-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-10-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, Techwax 2.0 that baby!!
It's going to shine like no other.

At $15 a bottle, worth every pretty penny
Old 01-10-2011
Premium Member

be careful with that locking gas cap if its from the auto store. ive seen those things fall apart or get stuck all the time lol.
Old 01-10-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

There's no mistaking a Lotus Elise, covered or not. The cover will be locked, of course, but I doubt anyone will look at it and wonder what it is.
that's what you think!
do never underestimate a guy that do not know cars!
someone told me how nice my cavalier was!
Old 01-10-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Those who arent in our text chat,
Some guy told me i had a nice Honda badged RSX
Old 01-11-2011

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Haha, Techwax 2.0 that baby!!
It's going to shine like no other.

At $15 a bottle, worth every pretty penny
I never use spray wax, I use the paste. But I do believe that the only wax I have left right now is Techwax 2.0, so I'll be using that

be careful with that locking gas cap if its from the auto store. ive seen those things fall apart or get stuck all the time lol.
It's half and half. It's half a Standt 11507 locking gas cap, and half the OEM cap. The white threaded portion of the cap will be swapped for the OEM portion, but the locking part of the cap will be the Standt one. According to many Lotus owners who have done this, it works fine, no problems. I'll keep an eye on it, though.
Old 01-11-2011
Kenny the Ricer

I don't think Techwax 2.0 has a spray wax...

It's either a liquid application or paste
I use the liquid

Quick Reply: Lotus Elise - just took delivery!