Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My Anti-Civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice
Re: My Anti-Civic

painting the block black is a very bad idea. you wont be able to see oil spills or anything like that if it hapens
Old 08-28-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anti-civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamis33
painting the block black is a very bad idea. you wont be able to see oil spills or anything like that if it hapens
that's a reason i wanna use flat black, i'll be able to see stuff like that, and it's simple.
the black i have is a high temp, and it's the flat-est paint i've ever used.
anything like oil spills will be very visible against the flat black.
Old 08-29-2010
Registered!!

okay, idk if i said it in this project log or not, but i had established 2 goals for this car.
goal one, is short term.
beat my friend's v6 auto mustang.
i know it's not a huge goal, but it's a goal.
goal 2, 200 whp all motor.

well, tonight i completed my first goal! beat him twice, from dead stops. first time, i nailed the takeoff, and left him in the dust, but he started to gain on me a little, but i pulled away.lol ended up beating him considerably.
second time, i didn't do so good on take off, and i was right at his door, but pulled ahead of him.

my mods are:
-52mm throttle body, knifed and half shafted
-3.0 CAI with summit racing filter
-Dynomax turbo style muffler
-A/C delete
-Maddog sts (can't remember if it's 60% or 70% redux)
everything else is stock.

i drove away happy, and he admitted his defeat, and we were both shocked at the results, and then i got laid.
sounds like my kind of night.
Old 08-29-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

The question is, what did you enjoy more getting laid or beating your friend

I beat my friends daytona the other day then got laid, my gf was pissed when i said beating my friend was the best part of my night~
Old 08-29-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
The question is, what did you enjoy more getting laid or beating your friend

I beat my friends daytona the other day then got laid, my gf was pissed when i said beating my friend was the best part of my night~
lol, my gf was actually happy that i won.

next up, is my friend's s10 extreme!
if i can get him to get his *** outta the house and come play....
Old 08-29-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

take as much weight off your car for acceleration...
good tires.
if just for straight line, do not drop your car or get a camber kit for traction...
beating a mustang in the corners is much more fun that in straight. Your Neon is capable of that, i am sure for the ones i have seem running.
Old 08-29-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
take as much weight off your car for acceleration...
good tires.
if just for straight line, do not drop your car or get a camber kit for traction...
beating a mustang in the corners is much more fun that in straight. Your Neon is capable of that, i am sure for the ones i have seem running.
neon=epitome of handling
that's why so many are used for things such as autocross, circle tracks, rally, ect.
alot of modes come factory with front and rear sways.
the acr models came with adjustable koni's.
curb weight is 2400 lbs. with some significant weight redux, (not gutting car) that can be brought down to about 2000 lbs.
i've even heard of a 1700 lb 1st gen coupe.
i'm thinking of selling my sub/amp just because of the weight.
if i get ahead enough, i might get CF hood, trunk lid, and fenders before i paint it. i know you might think it's a horrible thing to paint CF parts, but you have to remember that im going for sleeper.
Old 08-29-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by anti-civic
neon=epitome of handling
that's why so many are used for things such as autocross, circle tracks, rally, ect.
alot of modes come factory with front and rear sways.
the acr models came with adjustable koni's.
curb weight is 2400 lbs. with some significant weight redux, (not gutting car) that can be brought down to about 2000 lbs.
i've even heard of a 1700 lb 1st gen coupe.
i'm thinking of selling my sub/amp just because of the weight.
if i get ahead enough, i might get CF hood, trunk lid, and fenders before i paint it. i know you might think it's a horrible thing to paint CF parts, but you have to remember that im going for sleeper.
yup, respect the neon, me too, but calling an epitome is going too far... you need to drive a miata... they don't go too far in rally just because of the limited suspension travel, just.
what you planning to use the car for, BTW?
DD? AutoX? road racing? rally?
Whatever they are, go for what makes the car move first, (drivetrain) and stop (brakes) and handle(suspension) before cosmetic stuff...
That's true to any car - they have meaning only when they are moving - not being towed to a car show, where it will stay parked all day.
Old 08-29-2010
Registered!!

that's exactly why im skipping the paint for now and starting the motor build.
brakes are good for the most part,
transmission is good for the most part (going to replace clutch with motor swap)
suspension...new struts all around, and i will get lowering springs, the ones im looking at are like only 1.9 inches.
Old 08-29-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

DD only then?
Old 08-29-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
DD only then?
yes, probably a dd for good.
i might get another one in a couple of years to go turbo with, but not too sure about that.
Old 08-31-2010
Registered!!

just a little update guys,
i did an egr block off.
i would need to do it for my 2.4 anyways, so why not just go ahead and do it?
and if kentucky brings back emissions tests, i should be exempt since it's a 95, right?
i bought a block off plate for the head from UptownSports, and made my own manifold side plate with a piece of galvinized steel strap.
here you guys go
Name:  HPIM1855.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  94.8 KB
Name:  HPIM1856.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  116.9 KB
don't say anything about my engine bay....i think i have the prettiest transmission on here...
lol, jk
Old 08-31-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Just out of curiosity, hows the engine running now that you did the EGR delete..
Is there a noticeable difference in power, does the idle feel rough?
Old 09-01-2010
Registered!!

Just out of curiosity, hows the engine running now that you did the EGR delete..
Is there a noticeable difference in power, does the idle feel rough?
there's no difference in power at all, no gain, no loss.
egr simply recirculates a small portion of the exhaust (only at cruising speeds) to the intake, because the exhaust has some gas still left in it. it's supposed to give you a little better gas milage on the highway, but in many cases, taking egr off will not change gas milage, and i've even seen better gas milage.

have you ever taken your throttle body off?
you know all that black stuff in your intake manifold and lower tb?
that's exhaust gunk from the egr, and if you eliminate egr, and clean intake maniflod, it eliminates that completely.
i've heard better throttle response reported from this.

also, if your egr doesn't work right (valve stuck open) then it makes you have rough idle. i could tell that mine smoothed up a little.
and btw, mine idles with a bad lope, like im running crane 20's or something. it's either iac valve, or tps, but it doesn't hurt anything at anything above an idle.

also, removing egr makes engine bay look better.
=)
less clutter=better looking engine bay.
Name:  002-13.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  80.7 KB
see, beautiful....
one of the best engine bay's i've seen.
Old 09-01-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I cleaned all that black gunk out of my EGR and throttle body a couple weeks ago, and it definitely idles much smoother now;I did also noticed a very minor increase in throttle response.

I heard a few times that an EGR delete adds power, but since it doesn't its off my future mod list. Thanks for the info!
Old 09-02-2010
Registered!!

I cleaned all that black gunk out of my EGR and throttle body a couple weeks ago, and it definitely idles much smoother now;I did also noticed a very minor increase in throttle response.

I heard a few times that an EGR delete adds power, but since it doesn't its off my future mod list. Thanks for the info!
no, does nothing for power, just for gas milage.
i would say that the civics may have a small dent in gas milage, but im notiicng nothing.
i just did it b/c i got a block off plate for cheap, and i don't like all the vacume lines in my engine bay...i hate clutter.
Old 09-02-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

It does nothing for power. But it will stop dirty gasses from going through your intake which should make your engine run a little more efficiently and smoothly. Personally I just leave mine on. It doesn't really make much difference at all. I think it is just a myth that anything having to do with smog control hurts your performance. Just my .02
Old 09-03-2010
Registered!!

gas milage=the same for me with no egr.
getting a consistant 240 miles per tank (a tank for me is 8 gallons, even though my tank holds 10.52 gallons) and i drive kinda crazy.
if i try, i can get 38-40 mpg, but i never really try.
and found out that on monday, i'll be making $18.30 per hour!
damn i love my new job.
Old 09-03-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

hah! car lover are the same, whatever the car maker!
noobkiller go away, really welcome anti-civic! unless you are the same guy, i mean! (which i really hope you are not... - sorry, always careful with that... it's internet after all...). My excuses, there are too many trolls that hit the site, like this notnoobkiller...
no comments about your username, though...

Last edited by sdaidoji; 09-03-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-04-2010
Registered!!

well thankyou for welecoming an outsider.

i've 100% decided what my plans for this car are.
-motor build. 2.4l dohc, crane 18's, not too sure on the other details, but i'm getting there.
-Don't hate me for this.....CF hood, trunk lid, and fenders....then paint.....don't hate....
-total estimated cost so far......$4500....goodey.....(doesn't include paint)
im estimating i'll get these done by this time next year, money being the limiting factor.

here's my goals by the time i'm done:
-200 streetable whp all motor
-2100 lbs with most of interior, and without counting driver
-assuming that the 1/4 mile time calculators are right, high 12's/low 13's, and that's all motor. with a small shot of spray, not even gonna guess.

Last edited by anti-civic; 09-04-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-08-2010
Registered!!

so, im supposed to be getting my financial aid money, it's gonna be like 2000 extra.
was gonna use that to start my 2.4 build, but......i found this.....
http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1929128758.html
great deal, i could use a spare, and i guess this would officially make me a NYGer.lol/jk
im torn....
Old 09-08-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Looks like the body on that one is in mint shape, I'd be tempted to drop a motor in the one and not worry about painting your other neon.
Old 09-08-2010
Registered!!

Looks like the body on that one is in mint shape, I'd be tempted to drop a motor in the one and not worry about painting your other neon.
i can tell that it's still got the peeling clear coat, kinda bad, but not as bad as mine. the passenger fender looks beat a little, but can't tell if it's just glare.
my gf is tryin to put her foot down and says no more neons, she wants to move out.

so im pretty sure that im just gonna miss out on this great deal, and work on my motor build.
found a guy to do headwork and bore my block. it's called chicken house motorsports. the name worried me at first, but then i went to his place and he's a really cool guy and does good work.
anyone in my area interested in buying a turbo awd eclipse? pretty cheap 1700 and the guy just did 1900 worth of work, has pretty new bottom end.
Old 09-13-2010
Registered!!

yesterday i drove 70 miles to take some parts to a guy.
it was like western kentucky parkway for 60 miles of the way.
this road is an interstate, that's striaght, hilly, and empty.
just driving about 70mph (speed limit) on my way back home, and this kid in a civic (looked like late 90's, not too good at defining civics) flies past me at like 95.
it looked stock, but still.
so i just keep it in 5th, and catch up to him. and he speeds up, so i floor it, and pass him, we were goin like 110 at the time.
then i backed off so he could catch up a little, and he tried to pass me, and i dropped it into 4th, and pulled away.lol
kept this up for like 20 miles, which goes by fast when you are going anywhere from 95-119 (speed limiter). hit speed limiter twice. but guy that i met that day says he might be able to get me a mopar performance pcm, so no speed limiter for the 95's.
and today, was out in town, and saw a red civic, dropped, aftermarket muffler. we stopped at a red light, and i revved a little, and he reved back, were just messin around, and he takes off at green, didn't think he was, but i easily caught up. it looked like a late 90's one too, but i do have to admit, it looked okay. would have been better with less of a drop.
im missing like 200 lbs from curb weight though. don't have passenger seat in, no spare/jack no trunk carpet, no ac, no egr, no battery tray, no stock filter box.

but getting stuff together for my build.
have block, and head is in the mail.
just looking for a crank now.....
=)

the guy i met up with took me for a ride, and he had the same setup that im looking to get.
spun all the way through 2nd, and finally stopped at 3rd.
it made me happy.
Old 01-11-2012
Registered!!

cmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura aboutcmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura about

dude whats up with this build?lol you just kinda quit postin.
Old 03-26-2012
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Look at what I found at my junkyard. this supposedly "rare" car lol

Name:  314a5bb9.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  197.1 KB

Name:  d3b7fc6d.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  192.8 KB
Old 03-26-2012
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Its funny that in all of my local junkers there is a ton of neons brand new with out a scratch on them. Always though of why where they sitting there.
Old 03-26-2012
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

Put an LSx in that bitch.
Old 03-26-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

^ good project car, i say
if maintained and rightly prepped, they kick azz, when you see them running on three wheels :P
very popular for rally cross as well
Old 03-27-2012
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

all the neons in the junkyard have little body damage, which makes me think the engine or tranny had to blow haha. theres also a ton of saturns. the hondas usually have some bad body damage. the 2 7th gens both had front on collisions

Quick Reply: My Anti-Civic