Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Color opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christafurrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Color opinion?

Some *** did a hit and run on my car the other day. Now I have the option to repaint my whole car. I was thinking championship white but I wanna hear some opinions. Whats a good color? I currently have NHBP

Old 10-13-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Color opinion?

if you repaint a drastic color, you're gonna have to do EVERYTHING, and believe me this is not something you want. inside the trunk, hood, doors, etc. the easier way would be to get some other type of black, that way it would still be different but you wont have to do all the interior stuff cause it will be "close enough". i vote for bmw midnight black
Old 10-13-2008
Love me some nice, long-lasting vics!

jgcentury will become famous soon enoughjgcentury will become famous soon enough

Go custom with it. Go pick out an exotic color and have them alter pearls for you to make it original. Like a lighter blue or orange and w/green or red pearl or white pearl would be hot too. Something without a lot of metal flake though. Too much sparkle looks beat on our cars. Just my opinion, have fun with whatever color you choose. Post pics when your done.
Old 10-13-2008
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

pics of damage??
Old 10-13-2008
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold

I went from NHBP to California Gold Metallic then to Firemist Orange Metallic. The Firemist looks awesome but still wish I would have just stayed with NHBP because there are a few things here and there that bother me about the paint. Like inside around the windows its just not as heavy as it should be, and my engine bay is still black. But thats being super picky.
Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

black02seavik will become famous soon enough

Nothing better than a fleshly painted NHBP on A NHBP car. However if you insist on getting something different i agree with gearbox. You should get a different black on your car. But let me tell you that when you get a freshly painted nhbp on your car, you will feel that it is soo much fresher than the current nhbp as if you chose a different black from the start.
Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

black sand pearl from the 09 scion. and it would still look fine with the doors and stuff in black
Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

Christafurrr is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my NHBP but it just gets dirty so fast. I park outside so there's really no other way of keeping it clean
Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

i would prolly just repainted the same colour
Old 10-13-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

paint your car the same color as the black on my car. its harly davidson black metallic. The metallic changes color and looks amazing.
Old 10-13-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

If you're going to do white, go with a white pearl, it'll add that extra pop if plain white is too boring for you, (as it is for me)

I'm all primered up waiting for paint myself as well. If you're going to re-paint the whole thing, doing under the hood and trunk and in the door jams etc, should be absolutely NO problem for a quality shop. Sometimes they only charge a couple hundred more to do that. In my opinion, a paint job is never complete unless all the jams and under the hood and trunk are painted as well. If you do the championship white color, it will stay cleaner for longer. (well at least it'll look cleaner.)
Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

i agree with gearbox... if your not willing to paint the door jams, trunk, engine bay then i suggest you paint it the same color. dont do a poor man's paint job, thats just ghetto and retarded
Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jgcentury
Go custom with it. Go pick out an exotic color and have them alter pearls for you to make it original. Like a lighter blue or orange and w/green or red pearl or white pearl would be hot too. Something without a lot of metal flake though. Too much sparkle looks beat on our cars. Just my opinion, have fun with whatever color you choose. Post pics when your done.

that just screams rice. I agree with those who recommend staying within the same color scheme, and I personally like the charcoal that the scions come in, but that's just my opinion, and jgcentury I do not mean to be a dick but most comments like that will get flamed in a forum like this. Only prob with black though is it shows dirt like a bastard, and maybe your tired of that...
Old 10-13-2008

jgcentury will become famous soon enoughjgcentury will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by joe6680
that just screams rice. I agree with those who recommend staying within the same color scheme, and I personally like the charcoal that the scions come in, but that's just my opinion, and jgcentury I do not mean to be a dick but most comments like that will get flamed in a forum like this. Only prob with black though is it shows dirt like a bastard, and maybe your tired of that...
Hah, a cars color is what rice means to you huh?
Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough

^^^how about ugly as **** does that work for you?
Old 10-13-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

lol. with a crazy color its gonna be near impossible to match if you decide you want different body parts later, or you get into accident.
Old 10-14-2008

Originally Posted by joe6680
^^^how about ugly as **** does that work for you?
your so awesome!