Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Color opinion? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/311230-color-opinion.html)

Christafurrr 10-13-2008 12:45 PM

Color opinion?

Some fag did a hit and run on my car the other day. Now I have the option to repaint my whole car. I was thinking championship white but I wanna hear some opinions. Whats a good color? I currently have NHBP

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...93948_2909.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...1920082171.jpg

gearbox 10-13-2008 12:49 PM

Re: Color opinion?

if you repaint a drastic color, you're gonna have to do EVERYTHING, and believe me this is not something you want. inside the trunk, hood, doors, etc. the easier way would be to get some other type of black, that way it would still be different but you wont have to do all the interior stuff cause it will be "close enough". i vote for bmw midnight black :)

jgcentury 10-13-2008 12:51 PM

Go custom with it. Go pick out an exotic color and have them alter pearls for you to make it original. Like a lighter blue or orange and w/green or red pearl or white pearl would be hot too. Something without a lot of metal flake though. Too much sparkle looks beat on our cars. Just my opinion, have fun with whatever color you choose. Post pics when your done.

LT2004ever 10-13-2008 01:33 PM

pics of damage??

ajhdragon 10-13-2008 01:43 PM

I went from NHBP to California Gold Metallic then to Firemist Orange Metallic. The Firemist looks awesome but still wish I would have just stayed with NHBP because there are a few things here and there that bother me about the paint. Like inside around the windows its just not as heavy as it should be, and my engine bay is still black. But thats being super picky.

black02seavik 10-13-2008 02:52 PM

Nothing better than a fleshly painted NHBP on A NHBP car. However if you insist on getting something different i agree with gearbox. You should get a different black on your car. But let me tell you that when you get a freshly painted nhbp on your car, you will feel that it is soo much fresher than the current nhbp as if you chose a different black from the start.

baron340 10-13-2008 04:07 PM

black sand pearl from the 09 scion. and it would still look fine with the doors and stuff in black

Christafurrr 10-13-2008 05:01 PM

I love my NHBP but it just gets dirty so fast. I park outside so there's really no other way of keeping it clean

popee 10-13-2008 06:13 PM

i would prolly just repainted the same colour

jamis33 10-13-2008 06:15 PM

paint your car the same color as the black on my car. its harly davidson black metallic. The metallic changes color and looks amazing.

Eyger 10-13-2008 06:21 PM

If you're going to do white, go with a white pearl, it'll add that extra pop if plain white is too boring for you, (as it is for me)

I'm all primered up waiting for paint myself as well. If you're going to re-paint the whole thing, doing under the hood and trunk and in the door jams etc, should be absolutely NO problem for a quality shop. Sometimes they only charge a couple hundred more to do that. In my opinion, a paint job is never complete unless all the jams and under the hood and trunk are painted as well. If you do the championship white color, it will stay cleaner for longer. (well at least it'll look cleaner.)

mrtrinh 10-13-2008 06:33 PM

i agree with gearbox... if your not willing to paint the door jams, trunk, engine bay then i suggest you paint it the same color. dont do a poor man's paint job, thats just ghetto and retarded

joe6680 10-13-2008 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by jgcentury (Post 4352824)
Go custom with it. Go pick out an exotic color and have them alter pearls for you to make it original. Like a lighter blue or orange and w/green or red pearl or white pearl would be hot too. Something without a lot of metal flake though. Too much sparkle looks beat on our cars. Just my opinion, have fun with whatever color you choose. Post pics when your done.

:_doh: that just screams rice. I agree with those who recommend staying within the same color scheme, and I personally like the charcoal that the scions come in, but that's just my opinion, and jgcentury I do not mean to be a dick but most comments like that will get flamed in a forum like this. Only prob with black though is it shows dirt like a bastard, and maybe your tired of that...

jgcentury 10-13-2008 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by joe6680 (Post 4353068)
:_doh: that just screams rice. I agree with those who recommend staying within the same color scheme, and I personally like the charcoal that the scions come in, but that's just my opinion, and jgcentury I do not mean to be a dick but most comments like that will get flamed in a forum like this. Only prob with black though is it shows dirt like a bastard, and maybe your tired of that...

Hah, a cars color is what rice means to you huh? :-bs:

joe6680 10-13-2008 11:18 PM

^^^how about ugly as **** does that work for you?

gearbox 10-13-2008 11:49 PM

lol. with a crazy color its gonna be near impossible to match if you decide you want different body parts later, or you get into accident.

jgcentury 10-14-2008 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by joe6680 (Post 4353086)
^^^how about ugly as **** does that work for you?

:tup: your so awesome! :clap: