Foglight Recieved ! - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2008   #1
Registered!!

mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about
Foglight Recieved !

hey guys i got my fogs in today. the brand is Esuse i took pics to show all the connectors. i need some help wiring it.

i hope these photos make sense to u guys.
mrbanhbao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #2
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough
Re: Foglight Recieved !

off ebay??? how much?
popee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #3
Registered!!

um everything was around 40 something bucks.
Old 08-17-2008   #4
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

most of it is plug n play if you got the same kit as me... you're just gonna need the template to cut out the bumper and if you search on here you can find it... i'll see if i can find it for you when i get back from church! hope everything works out for you! GL bro!
filipinop1405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #5
Registered!!

when i cut my bumper. what part of the foglight spot do i actually cut? that is wat im wondering about.
Old 08-17-2008   #6
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

u dont cut the fog light... at least i didnt cut mine when i installed them.
LT2004ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #7
Registered!!

bryantiscool is an unknown quantity at this point

whered you get them off of?
ebay?
bryantiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #8
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

if you are talking about the the actual bumper which i believe you are... you'll be cutting the plastic portion when you get the template, which i'm about to start searching for, you'll see where you're supposed to cut and not cut. if you have a dremel its so easy. also go to handaaccessories.com i think it is and look for the instructions for you're year. yea yea i know that you have an ebay kit but so did i. trust me it'll help you along the way with your installation. it helped me alot.
Old 08-17-2008   #9
Registered!!

one of these threads...

i'll try to narrow it down

Last edited by filipinop1405; 08-17-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-17-2008   #10
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT2004ever View Post
u dont cut the fog light... at least i didnt cut mine when i installed them.
haha sorry i wasnt clear. i meant the spot where the foglight goes. wat part on the bumper to cut.
Old 08-17-2008   #11
Registered!!

well bro i tried to look but couldn't find hopefully the template. it really helps tho. but if you look at the instructions which i can find and will link you next will help you out alot...
Old 08-17-2008   #12
Registered!!

Old 08-17-2008   #13
Registered!!

sorry i can't help you out even more bro!!!
Old 08-17-2008   #14
Registered!!

hm a lot of people say its not even necessary to have the template. ima give that a try. hahaha. so ur saying all the harness is pretty much plug and play?
Old 08-17-2008   #15
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

hey. i have esuse fogs as well..if you haven't started already, i'll check for my directions i had...from what i remember though, it was pretty easy, plug and play and all....

as for the AREA on the BUMPER that you are cutting...it is to the left and right of the lower grille section (grille section being below the license plate) you'll see two blank black plastic spots (one on either side), and if you hold the fog lights up, you will see that they fit with the curve of the opening there...(and should be able to kind of see how they go in...)

feel free to contact me on yahoo or MSN. (i don't use aim too much)

Last edited by manahoonie; 08-17-2008 at 07:44 PM.
manahoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008   #16
Registered!!

yea for the most part its plug n play
Old 08-18-2008   #17
Registered!!

cool thanks guys. ill look into on my next days off
Old 08-20-2008   #18
Registered!!

do i cut from behind the bumper? and all the harness where do i run that to. under the steering column?
Old 08-20-2008   #19
Premium Member

redem2 has a spectacular aura aboutredem2 has a spectacular aura about

all ebay kits are the same, regardless of "brand". they're all generic with different stickers. all the parts are the same, and the harness is trash and will confuse the **** out of you. here, use this diy...

http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5753

btw cut from the front. make sure you don't cut too much though. just enough so the foglight fits in. it's a trial and error process, unless you can find a template.

Last edited by redem2; 08-20-2008 at 03:53 AM.
redem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #20
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about

dont follow the above DIY....looks complicated.

search for my DIY....it was moved to the DIY's section of the electronics link *red car*
Civic_Racer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #21
Registered!!

cant find it man
Old 08-20-2008   #22
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

wow just use the template from honda accesories and it will go smooth thats all. cut install 4 screws. 2 on each fog light. run you harness ebay harnesses are garbage and caused a fire under my hood lol but they work. If i were you i would go buy a oem switch as well as the ebay generic switches are garbage aswell. But seriously i would help but im at work you need to search. there are so many threads on this and its easy just take your time.
Mr_Plenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008   #23
Premium Member

the ebay kit is nothing like the oem kit. and it's not plug and play either, because ebay only sells one kit for 01-03, and they're not the same.
Old 08-20-2008   #24
Registered!!

seelsy is an unknown quantity at this point

in the bumper are areas for the fogs, just cut a big enough hole where the sections are for the fogs to fit into, the rest hooks around easily, just make sure the fogs fit flush into the bumper, also cut the entire harness off its garbage, hardwire it to the battery, hook the two fogs together with 14 gauge wire, then ground each one, run a wire to a automotive relay, then from the relay to the battery with an inline fuse, ground the relay, and tap the relay into the parking lights, in our civics its the red/white wire going to the headlights, hardwire is much easier than running the wires into the cabin and trying to figure out if the harness works or not
seelsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #25
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelsy View Post
in the bumper are areas for the fogs, just cut a big enough hole where the sections are for the fogs to fit into, the rest hooks around easily, just make sure the fogs fit flush into the bumper, also cut the entire harness off its garbage, hardwire it to the battery, hook the two fogs together with 14 gauge wire, then ground each one, run a wire to a automotive relay, then from the relay to the battery with an inline fuse, ground the relay, and tap the relay into the parking lights, in our civics its the red/white wire going to the headlights, hardwire is much easier than running the wires into the cabin and trying to figure out if the harness works or not
hen you say hardwire the fog to the battery? do i use those female spade connectors on the wire. and how ground the wires? connect another wire to the 14 gauge and just ground it?

i think if you draw a diagram i would get it. haha im more of a visual person.

Last edited by mrbanhbao; 08-21-2008 at 03:35 AM.
Old 08-21-2008   #26
Premium Member

you can do what seelsy said, but your fogs will always come on when you turn on your lights. if that's how you like it then thats fine. some of us like the idea of being able to turn our fog lights on/off as we please... i've seen a few diagrams floating around. use the search button.

btw don't splice into any wires unless you know what you're doing.
Old 08-21-2008   #27
Registered!!

i want to have my fogs to come on when my parking lights are on. no switch or anythin.
Old 08-21-2008   #28
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbanhbao View Post
i want to have my fogs to come on when my parking lights are on. no switch or anythin.
tap into your parking lights thats how i have my set up
MidnightCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #29
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
as far as no switch is concerned, i don't know...i just know that i don't see a switch, yet they act just like that...flash with parking lights when i hit the keyless entry...come on whenever i turn the switch to the first or second spots (for the headlights/parking lights...

headlights off

headlights on

Last edited by manahoonie; 08-21-2008 at 03:34 PM. Reason: pics added
manahoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #30
Premium Member

Quote:
in that case just use the first part of the harness from the fog light, ground it (as in the diy i wrote), then tap the positive into the parking light's positive. the first portion of the harness is the part that contains the connectors for the light housings, and should already contain the grounds. you're making it appear harder than it is...