Honda FCX anyone? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2008   #1
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Honda FCX anyone?

Pretty neat lil car, 189 tq from 0-3k rpms, uses hydrogen as fuel. my only problem is it still uses fuel you have to buy from a station. still not self contained. but if hydrogen gas is cheap enough, i may go for it.

http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #2
Registered!!

colourwolf will become famous soon enough
Re: Honda FCX anyone?

Problem is where do u fill up hydrogen?
colourwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #3
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

just fart in the tube i'm sure u could get a few miles from that
DieMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #4
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

with a 280 mile fill-up range, i sure hope they are gonna be building alot of stations. maybe you can keep a spare tank of hydrogen in the trunk
Old 08-08-2008   #5
Registered!!

Cleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
with a 280 mile fill-up range, i sure hope they are gonna be building alot of stations. maybe you can keep a spare tank of hydrogen in the trunk
Too dangerous. That's why I like the hydrogen on demand system. They could easily make a nice, CHEAP, professional version of hydrogen on demand.
Cleft_Asunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #6
Premium Member

well the car already has a hydrogen tank built-in. its no more dangerous than carrying 13 gallons of explosive gasoline. okay maybe a lil more dangerous. but either way youre gonna make a nice boom.
Old 08-08-2008   #7
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Looks pretty cool.

Hydrogens big in cali from what I've read, okay not big- but they got more stations then most places do. I think its a cool looking car. Of course hydrogen exploding sounds dangerous, but what do you think everyone though coming from horses to gasoline powered cars... I think this kind of car will catch on more in the future, like the gasoline efficient hybrids are. A hybrid hydrogen car would be sick... is this considered one- they boast about the battery a lot.
TRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #8
Premium Member

its all hydrogen and fuel cells to make electricity. no gas at all. the current hybrids are a joke. many people dont get more than 26mpg in the city. most get about the same mileage as regular civic, low 30s.
Old 08-08-2008   #9
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

600 bucks a month.

Triz, California is getting all the stations because we are testing most of the cars. UCI and CAL both have hydrogen test cars and are big in the research involved with developing fuel cells.
lordhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #10
Registered!!

mickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the rough

looks weird. cost alot too..N/A for me
mickeycivic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #11
Registered!!

FROSTY90 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's A Ticking Time Bomb. I'd Hate To Get In A Car Crash. Can You Say Booooom
FROSTY90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #12
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Honda certified three honda dealerships in southern california to service and provide hydrogen pumps for the fcx. They took a page out of toyota play book and leased them mostly to celebratites and executives.

I know the natural gas companies are experimenting with piping hydrogen within the same pipes as natural gas, so those with natural gas in there homes can fuel there hydrogen at home.

There was a bill in california to build hydrogen pumps throughout the 5 freeway and most metropolitian areas, but it got killed at the polls.

I know california is sponsoring the construction in some metropolitian areas and schools.

We're still behind though, i know India is planning on having hydrogen pumps through there entire country by 2015-2020.
TemjinX2 is offline   Reply With Quote