Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

HID acting weird

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about
Re: HID acting weird

why would i need to change the gauge. it should be a pnp kit plus a relay. for the high beam i tap these two hanging wires(white/black) hanging out from the h4 spade harness into a black and red wire coming right out below the high beam bulb. but then i also untapped them and it was still the same thing. one side work and one side doesnt. so i end up not tapping into any wires.
Old 08-11-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ballasts take a ton more power during warmup than a halogen bulb. small wires wont be able to carry it to both sides and one or both bulb will not ignite.

i have no idea what you said about the wire colors. what car do you have, 01-03, or 04-05? do you have a kit where the hi beam is a lil halogen bulb next to the hid bulb?
Old 08-12-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
ballasts take a ton more power during warmup than a halogen bulb. small wires wont be able to carry it to both sides and one or both bulb will not ignite.

i have no idea what you said about the wire colors. what car do you have, 01-03, or 04-05? do you have a kit where the hi beam is a lil halogen bulb next to the hid bulb?
hahah its a bit confusing i have a 02 lx. but yeah i do have a little halogen bulb next to the hid bulb. and theres two wires (red n black) coming out below the halogen bulb and i tapped that to the black and white wires. black and white are a part of h4 connectors from the hid kit.
Old 08-12-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

okay well here are the colors for the stock wires, for the hi beam bulb to work, you need to tap one wire to the stock 12v wire, and the other to the HI wire. just look at the wire colors for the h4 plug, dont look at the diagram its totally wrong.

Old 08-12-2008
Premium Member

okay well here are the colors for the stock wires, for the hi beam bulb to work, you need to tap one wire to the stock 12v wire, and the other to the HI wire. just look at the wire colors for the h4 plug, dont look at the diagram its totally wrong.

Old 08-12-2008
Registered!!

hey i got it all to work good now. thanks for all your help gearbox. rep point for u dude.