Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

MAACO's repution

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
MAACO's repution

what do u guys think about MAACO's paint job?

im thinking about getting my car repainted there.

yay or nay?
Old 07-05-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
Re: MAACO's repution

nay, unless you want to get it redone in a year's time
Old 07-05-2008
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all

yeah nay, i learned the hard way.(their paint job only lasted one year, then the paint started to peel off my car)
Old 07-05-2008
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

219owen is an unknown quantity at this point

they stink at prep work, but paint even, perfect paint match, High Quality paint. So do your own prep work, take to them save money.
Old 07-05-2008
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough

agreed 110% 219!
Old 07-05-2008
Registered!!

blinknfgkicks will become famous soon enoughblinknfgkicks will become famous soon enough

x3 just don't get the $249 special.
their supreme and signature (2 top paint jobs) come with like a 4 year warranty against peeling and fading.
Old 07-05-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnbt23
yeah nay, i learned the hard way.(their paint job only lasted one year, then the paint started to peel off my car)
yup same thing happened to me with my integra.
Old 07-05-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

I just posted about maaco in my thread. I took my car to them and they painted it the wrong color. I won't be a returning customer.
Old 07-05-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its a great paint job but like others have said, you better bring it in perfect primered for them to spray it. then just make sure they have the exact color name and code, and it will turn out great. ive known the cheapie jobs to last many years so long as you wait 2 months before waxing and then wax every few months after that. people complain that they took in a peeling and rusted car, had it sprayed, then the paint peeled cause they never even bothered to wash it. lmao poeple come on. common sense here. paint is paint, there is no cheap vs expensive formula lol
Old 07-05-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

a good friend did his own prep work and took his EG there to get it painted... it was aweosme....and still strong to this day
Old 07-05-2008
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about

thx for the input guys.

how much money/time does it cost to do ur own prep work?
Old 07-05-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ALOT of time lol. Basically sanding down to the metal and then priming the whole car. depends how fast you are and what tools you have. i dont think you could sand it all by hand.
Old 07-06-2008
Registered!!

mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about

what are the steps and tools for prepping it ?
Old 07-06-2008
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice

Are you freaking serious?!!!!!!! Some ppl just dont get it!! You get what you pay for and if you do this kinda cheapo work to your car...... seriously come on......lol
Old 07-06-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

i thought about going there for paint, but i read some reviews and...no. ive eve thought about prepping and painting it my self but i have no experiance in that. so basiclly im looking for a new shop.

if they painted my car the wrong color, id have them do it again for free
Old 07-06-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

I've been prepping my car forever. It takes a lot of time and patience to get it right. I want the paint job to be show worthy, meaning no dents, waviness or orange peel.

To prep a car for paint, you can read a book the side of war and peace on how to do it, the basics are:

sand it, prime it, sand it, paint it, clear it, sand it, buff it.

search how to prep your car for paint on google and it'll return a million articles.
Old 07-06-2008
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

i'm gonna go ahead and say they don't do bad paint jobs if you prep the car yourself. have fun.
Old 07-07-2008
Registered!!

khmer is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the front bumper painted factory honda green for $500 before selling the civic. THe paint is good, but they painted on speck of dirt and didn't bother sanding it or repainting the bumps from the dirt. When I inquired about it they said I had to sand it and repaint it. For $500 what was I paying them for. Luckly I sold the car and didn't really care or else I would have complained to BBB. They have a record with the BBB like no other day.
Old 07-07-2008
Registered!!

mradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trusted

maaco's bread and butter is comercial work, fast, cheap, sh!tty paint jobs that DO NOT LAST!!! i.e. taxi cabs. ive been painting for ten years, i know. there is a tremendous diffrence between cheap and expensive, high quality clear coats, and its worth the money. if you care about your car you will regret bringing it to maaco.
Old 07-08-2008
Registered!!

Killzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of lightKillzone2142 is a glorious beacon of light

i took my old vw to maaco to get painted and it came out nice. parts that where pre preped where really good but some of the other parts where just nice but i didnt get the cheapest paint service either.