Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Whats your unique mods? Post pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
subworm07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Whats your unique mods? Post pics

Originally Posted by Tragedy
we all know you're a thief, but you should post more pics of your front and read end, they look like a kit that was stolen in austin right before you made a for sale thread for your old kit. The person stole a Xenon front end and a BC rear end, and then you pop up with this exact kit the same month? Same color, broken side mount for front bumper, and lines under headlight. hmmmmm...

look you even took the grill off of the bumper the body shop ordered and installed, and tried to sell it so you wouldnt be spotted so easily. The grill that was on the bumper is the top one with the plain honda symbol. We also have your finger prints. Man you are a *****. Also stupid for posting about what you have one year after you stole it. We always suspected you and your lil thief buddies. If I see your car around, I will obtain a second sample of prints. Link to thread: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...ml#post4280772

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...wo-grills.html

Owned!
Old 06-02-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

I have a few unique mods

DIY Blacked Out tails

Civic Hybrid Gauges

Sedan Grille on Coupe....its oem but i haven't seen anyone do it

My engine bay with a DC5 Mugen style front upper strut bar

Battery relocated to the subframe using the oem battery tray

I also have smoked EK9 sidemarkers....no pics

Last edited by sniperscout; 07-30-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-02-2008
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

Originally Posted by sniperscout
That looks pretty sweet dude.
Old 06-02-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

I have a few unique mods

Civic Hybrid Gauges
Awesome. The nerd in me thinks you should have some of the unused gauges read manifold pressure or something useful. That'd be tight. I wish they made a Hybrid with a manual. **Edit** Oh ****, they did. Parts search time.

I don't think I've ever seen that before, I really like that. Creative. That's what you call an elegant solution, people. Take note.

Oh, and Tragedy, this isn't the time or place. Keep it on topic.

Last edited by Unevolved; 06-02-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-02-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

^ thx for the compliment
to make the other gauges work i have to do some resoldering. it isnt quite as simple as just hooking wires up. I actually lost my water temp gauge by putting those gauges in.

Last edited by sniperscout; 06-02-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-02-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

yea those gauges a slick
im actually thinking of getting some
Old 06-02-2008

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

^ thx for the compliment
to make the other gauges work i have to do some resoldering. it isnt quite as simple as just hooking wires up. I actually lost my water temp gauge by putting those gauges in.
Yeah, I know it'd be a lot of work for not much gain. That's why I emphasized the "nerd" part.
Old 06-02-2008
Registered!!

firetyphoon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a few unique mods

DIY Blacked Out tails

Civic Hybrid Gauges

Sedan Grille on Coupe....its oem but i haven't seen anyone do it

My engine bay with a DC5 Mugen style front upper strut bar complete with holes in the hood support

I also have smoked EK9 sidemarkers....no pics

nicee car man! how'd you install the climate control i wanna do that is it hard?? i recently swaped in an 05 cluster but that hybrid looks nicee!
Old 06-02-2008

Originally Posted by firetyphoon1
nicee car man! how'd you install the climate control i wanna do that is it hard?? i recently swaped in an 05 cluster but that hybrid looks nicee!

I'll answer for him. It takes, usually, some basic skill with a soldering iron and basic knowledge of a 12V DC system. Just buy some blue LEDs off of eBay, you can usually get 50 with the appropriate resistors for about $10-15 shipped. You wire the LEDs in place of the bulbs that are already there.

Honestly, if you don't know what I'm talking about, I'd have someone do it for you. There are enough things that could go wrong that you probably shouldn't follow a DIY pictorial, you could get into some trouble if something went wrong or something unexpected popped up.
Old 06-02-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I want a climate control thats automatic- like you set the temperature and it adjusts itself.
Old 06-02-2008

Originally Posted by TRIZ
I want a climate control thats automatic- like you set the temperature and it adjusts itself.
Oh, that's an easy fix.

Buy a new car.
Old 06-02-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Unevolved
I'll answer for him. It takes, usually, some basic skill with a soldering iron and basic knowledge of a 12V DC system. Just buy some blue LEDs off of eBay, you can usually get 50 with the appropriate resistors for about $10-15 shipped. You wire the LEDs in place of the bulbs that are already there.

Honestly, if you don't know what I'm talking about, I'd have someone do it for you. There are enough things that could go wrong that you probably shouldn't follow a DIY pictorial, you could get into some trouble if something went wrong or something unexpected popped up.
Ohh gotcha.. yeah sounds hard and i do have a tendancy to mess up something worse! but yeah so its just the bulbs, i heard theres a kit or something too??
Old 06-03-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

I remember seeing a DIY on here a few years ago by gearbox...im sure a search would pull it up
Old 06-03-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

Originally Posted by Unevolved
I wish they made a Hybrid with a manual. **Edit** Oh ****, they did.
i had a hard time finding hybrid gauges to begin with and gearbox had these that he was selling so I didnt really care if they were auto gauges. I just wanted the blue. The pictures dont do them justice. they look more whitish in the pics. They are actually a very nice blue.

I plan on doing some experimenting to get the other gauges working...at least light up. I have just been lazy

Here some more shots of the gauges. Before you all start bashing me for the pillar pods...I put them in since I lost the water temp gauge with the hybrid ones. They are very useful for me and have saved my motor several times.

Last edited by sniperscout; 06-03-2008 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-03-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Sniper, whats the gauge on the farthest right suppose to read and does your current mileage thingie work?
Old 06-03-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

the gauge on the far right is a battery gauge. everything works except for the water temp, charge, and battery gauge. the miles are stored on the gauges not the ecu. so if you plan on swapping gauges you will not retain your mileage....so if you are doing warranty work put the original gauges back in. The hybrid gauges are not a direct plug and play swap... have to do some pin swapping
Old 06-03-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

You missed my question on the mileage. The thing underneath your odometer is for gas mileage, right?
Old 06-03-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i still think you should be able to make those gauge work. at least the batt and temp by finding the right wire.
Old 06-03-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

No the mileage thing doesnt work since my ecu doesnt calculate mpg. if the car is moving it says i am getting 120 mpg.

I tried gearbox... they just wont work. And it is not like i dont know my way around an electrical diagram
Old 06-03-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

still looks good and the other gauges are a nice match
Old 06-03-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

i still plan doing some experimenting to get them to do something...i would be happy if they just lit up and did nothing
Old 06-03-2008
Registered!!

irocsound is an unknown quantity at this point

I painted this yesterday with a chameleon crazer paint
I think it looks good I'm going do a few more parts in the interior as well.
Old 06-03-2008
Registered!!

It looks like its dirty or smudged up or something.
Old 06-03-2008
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

i still plan doing some experimenting to get them to do something...i would be happy if they just lit up and did nothing
i have a manual hybrid cluster and would LOVE to get it funtional.

as for the gauges there is no wire there, all information is coumunicated on a computer network, from the hybrid's seprit IMA system (motor assist) and TCU (tranny control unit) among other units.the collent comes from the TCU and not the ECU thus it dosent work on a non hybrid car. as for the MPG readouts. there also from these units too i think. so u'd have to make a little black box like they did w/ the S2000 cluster to regain those gauges + any lights that are on the network.
Old 06-03-2008

Originally Posted by irocsound
That's interesting... In a good way, I think.

I used to have that same head unit in my old Blazer, I loved it. Like yours?
Old 06-03-2008
Registered!!

Anyone have gauge pods? Do they work on automatics?
Old 06-04-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

^kinda the wrong place to post this
your tranny has nothing to do with gauge pods working
Old 06-04-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

Originally Posted by irocsound
I painted this yesterday with a chameleon crazer paint
I think it looks good I'm going do a few more parts in the interior as well.
think you could take a pic of this without the flash? just find some good natural lighting

I think it looks neat but it looks like it is smudgy or dirty at the same time

Originally Posted by DieMaster
i have a manual hybrid cluster and would LOVE to get it funtional.

as for the gauges there is no wire there, all information is coumunicated on a computer network, from the hybrid's seprit IMA system (motor assist) and TCU (tranny control unit) among other units.the collent comes from the TCU and not the ECU thus it dosent work on a non hybrid car. as for the MPG readouts. there also from these units too i think. so u'd have to make a little black box like they did w/ the S2000 cluster to regain those gauges + any lights that are on the network.
by experimenting i meant doing some resoldering to make wires going to them
I have the hybrid wiring schematics if you want them
and what is collent?

do you by chance need auto hybrid gauges instead of manual?

Last edited by sniperscout; 06-04-2008 at 01:52 AM.
Old 06-04-2008
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

sorry i ment "coolent" or "watertemp." just tired.
Old 06-04-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

gotcha np

so do you need auto gauges?

Quick Reply: Whats your unique mods? Post pics