Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Whats your unique mods? Post pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough
Re: Whats your unique mods?

I rarely use mine. The only time I really ever used my dead pedal longer than 1min was when I was coming back from Atlantic City. Other than then it's been pointless to me. I'd probably put one of those in if I 1) Had $ for it and 2) Felt like looking for one, lol.

Wagner
Old 05-23-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by white2K2EX
That would frustrate me beyond words. How can you drive with no dead pedal?
Oh ya I had forgotten the car even came with that thing...
Old 05-23-2008
Registered!!

hypnotic20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yeah, driving without a dead pedal would frustrate me. Possibly to the point where I started kicking in frustration.
Old 05-23-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

I couldn't drive without the dead pedal either, the bolsters are real high on my racing seats and it's tough to get my leg bent in such a way to reach the dead pedal but I've managed. Otherwise it's under the clutch and I've snagged my sandals on the clutch a few times.
Old 05-23-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I'd need a deadpedal.

Hopefully my "unique" mod will be getting the OEM head unit to play an auxiliary input for almost no money. Gimme a few more days...
Old 05-23-2008
Registered!!

itgrowsind is an unknown quantity at this point

blinknfgkicks-
What grill is that and where can I purchase it I have a 2000 AT EX

Last edited by TRIZ; 05-31-2008 at 11:13 PM. Reason: *Edited for page load time*
Old 05-23-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

All it is, is an Altezza-style grill you can get anywhere with the CIVIC badge glued to it.
Old 05-23-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DeX
I couldn't drive without the dead pedal either, the bolsters are real high on my racing seats and it's tough to get my leg bent in such a way to reach the dead pedal but I've managed. Otherwise it's under the clutch and I've snagged my sandals on the clutch a few times.
I also hate driving with sandals. I will drive to the beach with my regular shoes, and take them off once arrived. I even think I heard it was against the law to use an open shoe while driving in where I live(CA).
Old 05-23-2008
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about

i have alot of rare parts on a 7thgen but not rare in general.

bride seats
takata harnesses
function7 lcas
volk wheels
project kic neo chrome lug nuts
tein ss-p coilovers
dc5 cusco f/r strut bars
dezod endlinks f/r
arc intake
arc spark plug cover

thats all i can think of for now.

Last edited by sspem2; 05-23-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rufus

Fiberglassed kickpanels

holy crap... its cramp down there... does it bugg you that you dont have very much leg room and you dont have a foot rest
Old 05-23-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

I started another unique modification today.........having a few issues with writing the software for it but here's a teaser.....

public void startCapture(final int framerate, final int timeLength)
{
interval = 1000 / framerate;
// Start timer.
timer.scheduleAtFixedRate(new TimerTask ()
{
public void run()
{
System.out.println("SNAP");
snapPicture();
count++;
if (count >= timeLength * framerate)
{
this.cancel();
}
}
}, 1000, interval);
}

public static void snapPicture()
{
final FrameGrabbingControl fgc = (FrameGrabbingControl) player.getControl("javax.media.control.FrameGrabbi ngControl");
buf = fgc.grabFrame(); // Convert it to an image
btoi = new BufferToImage((VideoFormat) buf.getFormat());
imgpanel.setImage(img); // save image
i++;
getSpeed(); // parse NMEA for speed from GPS
speedOverlay(img); // overlay speed from GPS onto image
img = btoi.createImage(buf); // show the image
saveJPG(img, imagesDirectory + filePrefix + i + ".jpg"); // save image to file
}
Can't get it from that? What about this:

Still having trouble? This should make it easy...

Should be done soon, just have to work out issues with the NMEA parsing, port splitting and text overlay.
Old 05-23-2008
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Damn it's hot there! lol
Old 05-23-2008
Registered!!

Damn it's hot there! lol
I know your joking, but for people who think your serious, I'm sure thats the angle of the camera... Or a busted thermal sensor.
Old 05-23-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

wow looks neat, thermal imaging overlay? will make them deer alot easier to spot at night.
Old 05-23-2008
Registered!!

Ravensteel is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know if these are unique but I haven't seen too many others with these DIY mods.

Blacked out badges all around.

Deleted fogs but used fog trim to house "cold air ducting" to my black INJEN short ram intake via flexible aluminum tubing.

In-car display of air temperature at air filter.

Urethane "heat shield" barrier between short ram filter and engine/exhaust manifold.

Pics soon...

Last edited by Ravensteel; 05-23-2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-24-2008
Registered!!

Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point

Shaved front plate

Custom painted wheels
Molded dash
False floor
Fiberglassed kickpanels
Headliner dyed black, pillars wrapped in grill cloth, tweeters hidden behind pillars

Damn your car looks like mine!

Last edited by TRIZ; 05-31-2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: *Edited for page load time*
Old 05-29-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

omg i absolutely love those rims!!!!!! Its inspired me to want to do somethin crazy with my rims. I have a ssm coupe and i got a set of 15" winter alloy wheels wut color ideas do u guys have?

also my most unique mod definantly has to be my rear end. Its definantly my favorite part of my car. Its not unique in the sense that i did some crazy conversion but its unique that i havent seen the same combination on anyone else's car. I have a wingswest rear lip except i painted the diffuser part black and it looks so sick. It makes it look like i have 3 seperate pieces to my back bumper, the bumper, lip, and diffuser. Also i have my exhaust angling out just a little bit to the right. I have smoked out altezza tails, smoked plate cover, and my crazy wingswest minime spoiler (i know u guys hate it) but its still prolly my favorite mod on my car. It just changes the look so much.

Last edited by jamis33; 05-29-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-29-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Pictures
Old 05-29-2008

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

That last pic im pretty sure im the only one in the world with that sticker. So please dont copy it. I'd patent it if i could. Basically i saw somebody who had a I <3 my civic sticker just like that on their windshield so i made one too cuz i work with vinyl all the time. (pm if u need somethin). But then some guys started chirpin me cuz i had a big heart on my car which didnt bother me and isnt the reason why i got rid of it. But anyways I made quite a few of those I <3 my civic banners and in the winter my sister was scraping my windshield in mid winter and she tore off half my heart and the c so i drove around with it saying i (broken heart) my ivic. hahahaha. Anyways i went to a car show and bought some soshinoya stickers cuz i always thought they looked cool and wen i went to redo my banner i was like hmm these kinda look like hearts and it would look so sick on my ride so thats the story of it. I hope the meaning comes accross as like I JDM My civic. Not the literal meaning of I JDM new driver my civic. But technically it makes sense cuz i am a new driver i have barely been drivin a year. Anyways im thinkin about starting a thread about this sticker cuz i dont wanna get beat up by the jdm guys for not having a jdm ride.

Last edited by jamis33; 05-29-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-29-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

wow thats good look. you should paint the rubber ring around the key hole silver to match using touchup paint.
Old 05-29-2008
Registered!!

WEAPON-R CIVIC will become famous soon enough

hand layed fiberglass hood, fiberglass center console/gauge pods,chrome sp cover,chrome panels in engine bay,custom playstation-2 enclosure,deff not your everyday bolt on, have to check out my pictures to see, having problems posting pictures/darn computer!
Old 05-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DeX
I started another unique modification today.........having a few issues with writing the software for it but here's a teaser.....
*Edited for page load time*

Holy hell! Silent witness? Ha... Why may I ask?

Wagner

Last edited by TRIZ; 05-31-2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: *Edited for page load time*
Old 05-30-2008
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by WgnrNick
Wagner
Why the hell do you do this?
Old 05-30-2008
Registered!!

Lets see... Story time;
The year was 2003 and I was on a family trip to New York City. At the time I was very interested in a forum so I would check it religiously. Anyway, so the hotel had a computer so I hopped on and checked the forums. When we got back from the trip the next day I tried to log in and it said that my account was blocked. I tried to make another account to get in, no luck. So I went over to my friends house and was finally able to make another account and I pm'ed the one mod saying who it was and what all was going on and to see if he could shed any light on the issue. He told me what I had done was against forum rules blah blah blah. After talking to him on aim we worked everything out. Here when I was using that computer it saved my pass and username and someone got on my account and posted up aton of **** onto the forums so they banned me. So now if some ******* steals my account most likely he won't know how I mark my work. So, if you ever see a post by me and it doesn't have that, then it's not really me. END STORY GET BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND

Wagner

Last edited by WgnrNick; 05-30-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-30-2008
Registered!!

sk8erelemnts will become famous soon enough
Re: Whats your unique mods? Post pics

the only time my car looks unique is when i sport my surf board rack and surfboard.

i also used to have purple rims
Old 05-31-2008

man those purple rims actually look kinda cool. Theres a bit much purple but im thinkin a white car with black rims with purple lip could look cool. Idk but thats definantly unique
Old 05-31-2008
my civic gets me pu**y.does yours???

D-Vus CIV can only hope to improve

i did this when i blacked ou my headlights..

Old 06-02-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by D-Vus CIV
i did this when i blacked ou my headlights..

we all know you're a thief, but you should post more pics of your front and read end, they look like a kit that was stolen in austin right before you made a for sale thread for your old kit. The person stole a Xenon front end and a BC rear end, and then you pop up with this exact kit the same month? Same color, broken side mount for front bumper, and lines under headlight. hmmmmm...

look you even took the grill off of the bumper the body shop ordered and installed, and tried to sell it so you wouldnt be spotted so easily. The grill that was on the bumper is the top one with the plain honda symbol. We also have your finger prints. Man you are a *****. Also stupid for posting about what you have one year after you stole it. We always suspected you and your lil thief buddies. If I see your car around, I will obtain a second sample of prints. Link to thread: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...ml#post4280772

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...wo-grills.html

Last edited by Tragedy; 06-02-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-02-2008
Registered!!

spudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nice

^ I think i might be missing something but i'll choose to ignore it now.

I redirected my volume **** to the center console thing-a-mig. The **** is completely functional; when you press it, it will switch to the aux and play my creative zen instead of the cds or radio. I also added a bass controller and headphone jack for any mp3 player
Old 06-02-2008
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Tragedy
we all know you're a thief, but you should post more pics of your front and read end, they look like a kit that was stolen in austin right before you made a for sale thread for your old kit. The person stole a Xenon front end and a BC rear end, and then you pop up with this exact kit the same month? Same color, broken side mount for front bumper, and lines under headlight. hmmmmm...

look you even took the grill off of the bumper the body shop ordered and installed, and tried to sell it so you wouldnt be spotted so easily. The grill that was on the bumper is the top one with the plain honda symbol. We also have your finger prints. Man you are a *****. Also stupid for posting about what you have one year after you stole it. We always suspected you and your lil thief buddies. If I see your car around, I will obtain a second sample of prints. Link to thread: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...ml#post4280772

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...wo-grills.html

Damn

Quick Reply: Whats your unique mods? Post pics