Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My K24 Frankenstein is alive!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
Re: My K24 Frankenstein is alive!

Originally Posted by sniperscout
^i am putting on a race header and evo2 exhaust next week and then I am done performance wise. I want it to remain reliable. Next up though is a lip kit and paint...I plan on doing the dark silver/charcoal color that comes on the scions
I also plan on building up my 912 porsche next as my race car
no kpro?

i'm running an a2 with i/h/e/rh/stage 2 cams/type R manifold/hondata img/kpro and it's still not enough for me...hahah
Old 05-12-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

oh i have loved it since i bought it 6 years ago...even with what little power it has...i cant even imagine what it is going to be like fully built.

Heres my 1966 912

Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
no kpro?

i already have kpro

but the way i see it though, I can put a whole lot less into my porsche and rape k swapped civies all day. So I would rather spend the money on that car...just makes more sense to me. I want to keep the civic reliable and dont really want to hassle with taking it apart anymore. I am content with more than doubling my power and still having an essentially stock honda motor with zero miles on it

Last edited by sniperscout; 05-12-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-12-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

nice porsche! curious as to what you may build that car into... dude i want your car life. i want a k24 franky.... and old porsche...
i've heard the only thing about the accord k24's (k24a4 i think it was..) is that the pistons may have clearance problems with the k20 heads, but i can't remember and you seem to have fixed that problem with the a2 pistons and crank. nicely done, and i just rubbed one out to it. dynos!
Old 05-12-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

that is actually my second porsche. I had a 1963 356B....some jackass turned into me in an intersection and totaled it. I am not entirely sure what route I am going with the 912 build. I already have the block and duel dellorto carbs for it though. right now i am just running a stock type II VW bus motor...i took the original matching numbers motor out to sell. I will be building up a VW motor for it...cheaper to go that route than to build a "porsche" motor which is essentially the same exact thing just stamped with a different name.

yes the accord pistons on both the k24a4 and a8 have clearance problems because they have 2 raised ridges on each piston. I alleviated that problem with the tsx pistons and I put the tsx rods in as well since they are a little stronger. dynos wont be for a couple weeks...have to wait until i get my header and exhaust so i dont have to pay for a tune twice

Last edited by sniperscout; 05-12-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all

Congrats on the swap man.. Looks great!!
Old 05-12-2008
hvc
Registered!!

hvc is an unknown quantity at this point

nice swap bro.

i might have missed it, but do you have any of the output numbers?
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

aznprid214 has a spectacular aura aboutaznprid214 has a spectacular aura about

think hes working on it. curious to see what he puts down as well. nice job!