Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My K24 Frankenstein is alive!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light
My K24 Frankenstein is alive!

Well my k24/20 swap if completed finally. It has been in the works for about 2 years but could never quite get enough money to complete the project. I still have a couple odds and ends to do like relocate my radiator overflow and replace all the old dirty hoseclamps and bolts with new shiny ones. Right now i am running a ghetto-fied stock em2 exhaust but my new race header and full greddy evo2 exhaust will be here next week. Here are some pictures...tomorrow is bath day so right now she is absolutely filthy

Last edited by sniperscout; 05-10-2008 at 02:19 AM.
Old 05-10-2008
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
Re: My K24 Frankenstein is alive!

videos and more pics!! or ban and tell me how u did that stock radiator fan to work
Old 05-10-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

i will get videos and pics once she is cleaned up
i will also take some pics of how i got the stock radiator to work
i am also using the stock throttle cables
Old 05-10-2008
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough

ok cool....NOW PM ME ON HOW U DID THAT DAMN SLIM FAN RADIATOR THING DETAILS!!!
Old 05-10-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

im going to bed man...ill get her all cleaned up tomorrow and take those pics for you
Old 05-10-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

SOOOWOOOP. lol... how does it feel man? what exact block and head are you using?
Old 05-10-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

k24a8 with k20a2 head and k24a2 pistons and rods
it hasnt sunk in yet that i am finally done...im waiting for something to go wrong still...like throw a rod or something really shitty
Old 05-10-2008
Registered!!

95Civex is an unknown quantity at this point

hell yea clean
Old 05-10-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

^thx a lot
Old 05-10-2008
Registered!!

mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about

WHOA MY DREAM! wats much did all this cost ya total?
Old 05-10-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

friggin awesome K swap!! I love the blue accents! K swap ftw.
Old 05-10-2008
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice

looks good!
Old 05-10-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

Originally Posted by mrbanhbao
WHOA MY DREAM! wats much did all this cost ya total?
i think a little over 6k...was supposed to be 4.5k but i got ripped off on a lot parts.
Old 05-10-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

man this is my dream engine except with a turbo!!!! but looking good and good luck with whatever else you have going in!
Old 05-10-2008
Registered!!

jrock will become famous soon enoughjrock will become famous soon enough

looks awesome... I have konig troubles as well...love it!
Old 05-10-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice!!!!
NICE COUPE
Old 05-10-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

nice...good work...why did you choose to put the power steering all the way on the other side...most just bolt the bracket the radiator support like the rsxs' have it. either tapping the lower hole on the ps pump so that the hose runs in another direction or zip tieing the hose close to the subframe and retaining original position.
Old 05-10-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

i dont know...guess i didnt want it right there next to the belts. that copper piping is a temporary thing. i just wanted it running.
Old 05-10-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

I think I may have just creamed myself... Damn! Thats one hott vic!

Wagner
Old 05-11-2008
Registered!!

damn it sniper u havent pmd me how u did the stock radiaotr and where u got the fans that work with the kswap!!! HELP ME HELP YOU!!!
Old 05-11-2008
Registered!!

mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about

wat car is your motor from? does it give you more power with the k20a2 head u got on?
Old 05-11-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

Originally Posted by boxcarracer
damn it sniper u havent pmd me how u did the stock radiaotr and where u got the fans that work with the kswap!!! HELP ME HELP YOU!!!
sorry man...had a busy day. I will get them to you.
as i said before the block is a k24a8(accord) and the head is from an rsx type-s. Yes the rsx head gives you more top end power. but one of the best parts is that i now have 6 speed!
Old 05-11-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sniperscout
sorry man...had a busy day. I will get them to you.
as i said before the block is a k24a8(accord) and the head is from an rsx type-s. Yes the rsx head gives you more top end power. but one of the best parts is that i now have 6 speed!
did u have any problems with the head fitting the block? iv heard some people complain the studs or something didnt line up or maybe its a certain year?
Old 05-11-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

^no issues and never read that
Old 05-11-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

what intake mani are you using? looks different that the stocker and RBC. or maybe its just because its painted? i dunno. nice paint though what paint did you use?
Old 05-11-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sniperscout
^no issues and never read that
saw it on the k20a.org forums it was on a write up by cameleon or something
Old 05-11-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

im glad i didnt have a problem...cause i woulda been pissed...and i have been pissed off enough with this motor
Old 05-11-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

definitely looks good. nice setup! post up more pics and stuff when you can. what are your future plans for the car; do you plan on keeping it as is (my guess is no), or are you going to build it n/a or turbo style?
Old 05-11-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

^i am putting on a race header and evo2 exhaust next week and then I am done performance wise. I want it to remain reliable. Next up though is a lip kit and paint...I plan on doing the dark silver/charcoal color that comes on the scions
I also plan on building up my 912 porsche next as my race car

Last edited by sniperscout; 05-11-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

nice. i bet that 912 will be a blast.

Quick Reply: My K24 Frankenstein is alive!