Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Just an Update on my Civic VP.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008
Also known as rlmedin1.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K/Turbo will become famous soon enoughK/Turbo will become famous soon enough
Just an Update on my Civic VP.

I had my car dynoed a while back with 242 whp. Since then my ACT Clutch, Pressure Plate and throw out bearing self destructed. The throw out bearings was melted together. I'll see if the shop can send me a pick.

The shop replaced the clutch with a Exedy Stage 2 clutch. This clutch is what they recommended. The clutch was replaced but I had to drive the car right back to the shop because I couldn't move the shift lever into gear easily. So the car is still in the shop until they can fix this issue.

Here's a video of the last dyno run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKpUkXxVisE

*K20z1 engine
*Greddy RSX Turbo Kit 7-8 psi
*440 injectors
*Walbro 255 fuel pump
*3 inch Thermal catback exhaust
*K-Pro

I Will be adding the Perrin Boost Control Solenoid soon to up the boost and run boost per gear.

I have not fixed the speedo issue yet but I'm planning to use the S2000 instrument cluster. I still have to get the AC to work.

Future mods:

Complete the HID retro with blackout housing.
Change my tan interior to black with red seats.

Last edited by K/Turbo; 04-17-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-17-2008
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Just an Update on my Civic VP.

ahh i remember your car.. shouldn't u be making more power than that?
Old 04-17-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

hmmm....that's a pretty conservative tune....look what I made on 9 psi....I bet I could do at least 220 on kpro! Plus I have 330cc injectors......I think something is wrong.

I'd be mad haha
Old 04-17-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

I was just going to say....something is up with your tuner or your car. I made about 220 whp on 7 psi on my last tuning session on a d17....
Old 04-17-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

yeah something is def wrong. my buddies slightly built n/a k20a is makin that kind of power.
Old 04-17-2008
Registered!!

LXracer is an unknown quantity at this point

ya i allmost make that with mine and all i got is bc cams
Old 04-17-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

did you forget to turn your turbo on?
Old 04-17-2008
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

^^ lol,
yea for a k swap and a turbo, 242 whp isnt all to impressive
Old 04-17-2008
Also known as rlmedin1.

K/Turbo will become famous soon enoughK/Turbo will become famous soon enough

Yea I'm going to try another tuner. Will the gas here in Cali make much difference since it's only 91 octane instead of 93? I had replaced my some cracked couplers in the intercooler piping. The Greddy ones that came with the kit were already starting to crack.

I notice my exhaust has a dent near the cat and I can here some noises from the turbo like it has some wear. I going to go to a muffler shop to have the dent repaired. Do you think the turbo is already getting ready to go out?

Does anybody recommend any turners in Northern Cali Area? I am willing to drive to Southern Cali or Nevada if there is someone that can do a god job?

Yea it was fun with 242whp over the stock 115 hp @ the flywheel...but I was expecting around 250-275 until the tuner told me that 242whp is all the kit will make. I was also hoping to reach around 300 whp pushing 10psi with the boost controller. I agree it's time to try another tuner...he didn't seem to put much effort into the tune.
Old 04-17-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I hit 175 on 6 lbs with the d17a2. Thats over 80WHP gain on 6lbs. I would definitely have expected higher... even on 91. That tuner is nuts unless some component of the kit is falling flat on its face.
Old 04-17-2008
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice

thats not much power from boost....i have a stock k20a2 and im making 215 whp with kpro...
Old 04-18-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i think it's widely agreed that your tuner sucks...

but for my info, which model did the k20z1 come out of? is that the new Si motor?? if so, that still seems quite a bit low for 8 psi and Kpro...
Old 04-18-2008
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

out of the rsx type-s 05-06 i believe
Old 04-18-2008
Registered!!

HwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura about

brandon an djeremy are some of teh best around. redzone performance is the spot. might be the build not the tuners.