Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

False Alarm Question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xcrxss is on a distinguished road
Question False Alarm Question?

Hey, yet another minor question from me tonight, but of course, I get my car back from the shop and now I have some random new ****.

Long story short, a projectile shot through my window..nothing bad happened besides windshield was broken. But now after getting that fixed my SMS or something (Don't feel like getting the actual name) airbag light is on? I don't understand what could've happened to make this go off..and it just happened after I got it back, it wasn't on after the accident. I'm wondering if its like a false alarm type thing because one time after my car was given a checkup and everything, the check engine light was still on and I turned it off with some trick or whatever. Is there a way to do this with the airbag light thing? I'm confused? I just don't feel like taking it to the dealer, haha but if its my life in its hands, I guess I have to.
Old 03-15-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Re: False Alarm Question?

Likely this happened because they disconnected something like the wires under the seat. There's a D.I.Y. for fixing the SRS light somewhere on this forum, I believe it's also in your user manual, or the dealership can do it for you.
Old 03-15-2008
Registered!!

redrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura about

I agree with Dex...someone/something may have bumped/disconnected a connecter. First things first though...find the DIY to reset the light. If it comes back then you have a prob...

BTW, if you can't find the DIY let me know...I can post it up for ya.
Old 03-17-2008
Registered!!

Rinasdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by redrocket600
I agree with Dex...someone/something may have bumped/disconnected a connecter. First things first though...find the DIY to reset the light. If it comes back then you have a prob...

BTW, if you can't find the DIY let me know...I can post it up for ya.
just post it up for other searching members
Old 03-17-2008
Registered!!

redrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura about

SRS RESET

Start by removing the panel under the steering wheel. Find the MES (memory erase signal) connector. It's the yellow connector with two wires. It should be the only yellow plug...

It's easiest to get a connector that fits the end of the plug (SCS service connector) but not critical. You will need a piece of wire to "short" the plug. The first time I reset mine I bought the connector but the second time I had to, I couldn't find the connector so just used a piece of wire.

1) Turn the ignition off and connect the SCS service connector (aka, short the connector with your wire).
2) Turn the ignition on. The SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds, then go off.
3) Disconnect the SCS service connector (wire) from the MES connector within 4 seconds after teh SRS indicator light goes off. The SRS indicator will come on again.
4) Reconnnect the SCS service connector (wire) to the MES connector within 4 seconds after the SRS light comes on. The SRS indicator light will go off.
5) Disconnect the SCS service connector (wire) from the MES connector within 4 seconds. The SRS indicator light will indicate that the memory is erased by blinking twice.
6) Turn the ignition off and reconnect the MES to the fuse panel. Start the car like normal and the light should come on then go off as it normally does.

Last edited by redrocket600; 03-17-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-17-2008
Registered!!

Rinasdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by redrocket600
SRS RESET

Start by removing the panel under the steering wheel. Find the MES (memory erase signal) connector. It's the yellow connector with two wires. It should be the only yellow plug...

It's easiest to get a connector that fits the end of the plug (SCS service connector) but not critical. You will need a piece of wire to "short" the plug. The first time I reset mine I bought the connector but the second time I had to, I couldn't find the connector so just used a piece of wire.

1) Turn the ignition off and connect the SCS service connector (aka, short the connector with your wire).
2) Turn the ignition on. The SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds, then go off.
3) Disconnect the SCS service connector (wire) from the MES connector within 4 seconds after teh SRS indicator light goes off. The SRS indicator will come on again.
4) Reconnnect the SCS service connector (wire) to the MES connector within 4 seconds after the SRS light comes on. The SRS indicator light will go off.
5) Disconnect the SCS service connector (wire) from the MES connector within 4 seconds. The SRS indicator light will indicate that the memory is erased by blinking twice.
6) Turn the ignition off and reconnect the MES to the fuse panel. Start the car like normal and the light should come on then go off as it normally does.