Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Can't find exact answer

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about
Can't find exact answer

hey guys, i been searching all day and i cant find the exact answer. its getting close to nice weather so im going to black out my lights soon. i just wanted to know wat grit sand paper to use and what silicone to use to seal it back up. oh yeah do i need a clear coat? thanks
Old 03-12-2008
Registered!!

Lord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Can't find exact answer

Just get clear silicone from autozone, and as far as sandpaper get something like 1000grit to sand between coats of paint. You shouldn't need clear coat unleass you want a shiny finish. Matte finish is the best IMO.
Old 03-12-2008
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

go on honda-tech.com and theres an awesome DIY in the FAQ section. im pretty sure it tells you everything in that one.. go into the 2001-2005 forum section and into the FAQs and its in there..
Old 03-12-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

you don't need sand paper just get a can of "krylon fusion" spray paint it is designed for plastics so you don't need to sand takes a lot of the prep work out and saves a lot of time. I did mine with that fusion paint and it came out great I get compliments all the time on my headlights
Old 03-12-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

The sandpaper grit or paint type really isn't that critical. I used Rustoleum Flat Black Enamel and just Wal-mart G.E. window sealant to seal them back up, I've never had any problems with fogging. I'm in North TX, just for reference.

Old picture, but you get the idea.
Old 03-12-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

Hmm... Nice. I looked up that DIY and I think I may do this now. Thanks! Good question!

Wagner
Old 03-12-2008
Registered!!

i seee thanks for the inputs guys. ima check out honda-tech. my biggest worry is the lamp fogging up. i just want to seal it up real tight
Old 03-12-2008

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

As long as you're careful with the silicone and make sure you've got a nice, think (1/4" or wider) bead you should be fine.
Old 03-12-2008
Registered!!

LatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of light

I did the DIY on HT, hehe, and I didn't even use any sealant and mine dont fog up.
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

oh really. thats sweet. but i heard different location might have different weather so iono. i live in seattle and it rains a lot

Originally Posted by LatinEM2
I did the DIY on HT, hehe, and I didn't even use any sealant and mine dont fog up.
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

i just use black primer and 'window weld'. came out a nice flat black with no fogging up . i just picked up sandpaper i had laying around the garage. 200 grit or something. still came out nice.
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

oh heres a picture. http://a140.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...a2663c6453.jpg

cant see it very well but thats how how it all looks like. looks nice to me
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

LatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of lightLatinEM2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mrbanhbao
oh really. thats sweet. but i heard different location might have different weather so iono. i live in seattle and it rains a lot
Yea im pretty sure the weather has an effect on it. Its too hot here to for them to fog up
Old 03-13-2008

It's really the difference between the weather when you seal them and the weather later on.