Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Andy's interior thread-give me suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold
Re: Andy's interior thread-give me suggestions

lmao... yeah i still have mine just laying around... i might end up using it though. But ****, if you have an after market Shift boot/**** than that's the way to go.
Old 02-21-2008
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

I have a Sparco Torino 2 and a Roadster in all black... and they are all splotchy grey and green now. They sun-faded like NO OTHER. It looks horrible now. They are 3 years old and Sparco says that they all fade and there's nothing you can do about it.
Old 02-21-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

The Civic Coupe Limited Editions over here come with leather seats and I'm trying like hell to find a set that isn't going put me in both the poor and the dog house.

Have you thought about replacing the entire interior carpet with a different color? Check these guys out. I'm ordering a new interior when I get back.

Stockinteriors.com
Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

^ Don't worry clint.. i won't put you in the dog house
Old 02-21-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Silly ******. Dicks are for chicks!
Old 02-21-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, a type r red interior would be the sex. Nothing else matches it though and it would look goofy with my seats. If I had some recaros that were solid black or had red trim, it'd be a different story. But I like the black carpet, it doesn't stain
Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

it stains, just cant see it without a black light

jk andy. you could sell your sparcos and do a nice type-r interior. i definitely think it would look amazing.
Old 02-21-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, I just got those seats. I like the black/grey, I wouldn't want to change it.
Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

well if you are looking for a nice boot. this is where i got mine.

http://www.redlinegoods.com/

i have a skunk2 **** now. with a boot adapter so they mate up.

Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

i see since u said u got black and gray going on in the car, you can do black leather boot, and gray stitch. that would look hot, my boot but with gray stitch.
Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

i'm think you should get your shift boot custom done in the same fabric that your bought for your back seats...like black with a grey trim/thread, so that everything matches and the red doesnt clash.
Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

dang steve you beat me to it... i was waiting for someone else to say it...lol
Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

what other kinds of red accents are you going to have to tie in the red H on the steering wheel?
Old 02-22-2008
Turbo Guru

The entire dash. All of my gauges are red, as well as the cluster.
Old 02-24-2008
Turbo Guru

Here are some updated pics of the interior:

Next on the list is the rear seats once my black fabric finally comes in. I think I will pull out the stock shift boot and have them make a new one with grey thread. I will be getting the trim panels repainted as well, I think I'm going to try and match paint to the same grey in the seats and also have the door handle trim painted as well.

I've also been debating about the same color carpet, which would look really nice with the OEM black floor mats.

What about clusters? I know the 04-05 are totally different and require repinning, but which one is accented in red? I'd like to do that swap. Also, what are some nice pedals to use? Someone posted a link to some but give me suggestions for more.

Then all that I'll have left with the interior is the trunk setup which I'm cringing at, due to the cost...

Last edited by andyman97; 02-24-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-25-2008
Turbo Guru

Black fabric came in today, woot! Hopefully this week I can get in and drop off the seats and figure out what to do with the door panels. 5 meters of fabric is an assload. Seriously, I could do the trunk and back seat of at least 2 civics with just one roll.
Old 02-25-2008
Registered!!

WOW!!! thats crazy!
Old 02-27-2008
Turbo Guru

Ok, rear seats and fabric are getting started tomorrow. Should have the seats and shift boot done up by friday afternoon.
Old 02-27-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

If you don't want to undertake the cluster repinning (and want to keep the car's legitimate mileage) you might consider just swapping the face to a black one, if you can find one. I just changed mine, the swap took maybe 15 minutes. You might have to put some LEDs in place of the incandescent bulbs if you want them to light up red to match, but for daytime lighting, it matches the black interior so much more:

As far as the rest of the car goes, I think it looks great. I mean, the accented interior isn't my style, but it's not bad.
Old 02-27-2008
Registered!!

^^ exactly how did you do that?? where did you find the clear face? thanks!!
Old 02-27-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I have a set of white face gauge overlays for an 01 ex gauge cluster
Old 02-27-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by filipinop1405
Mine came like that stock.
Old 02-27-2008
Turbo Guru

04-05 look really clean, that's going to be the route I go, I don't really mind repinning, just a pita and more money.
Old 02-27-2008
Registered!!

well you know what.. i'm not even thinking.. i just wanna change mine from the blue/purple one to the red one.... i think its the 03-05 ones....
Old 02-27-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by filipinop1405

I'm not sure what you mean by clear face... But here's the thread:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...installed.html
Old 02-28-2008
Turbo Guru

Here we are:

Old 02-28-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Dang. Those turned out nicely. Now that they are in the car can you tell much of a difference between front and back?
Old 02-28-2008
Turbo Guru

No, not at all.
Old 02-28-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Are those the stock seats? Who did the fabric?
Old 02-28-2008
Turbo Guru

Yes, they're stock. The fabric is authentic sparco jacquard fabric. I had a very good upholstery shop do them. They did all of that in one day.

Quick Reply: Andy's interior thread-give me suggestions