Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Andy's interior thread-give me suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I need interior suggestions...bad

No, not on the dx.
Old 02-17-2008
Type-Race
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough

well I have a superior EX 02 center console and am willing to share another one with you.
Old 02-17-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, sure, anything different is good with me.
Old 02-17-2008
Type-Race

Ill bring it along if I can make it to old man Robs b-day thing.
Old 02-17-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you should do the 03-05 gauge cluster swap either the blue or red one.
Old 02-17-2008
Turbo Guru

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I suck at repinning harness clips though lol.
Old 02-17-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

The 01-02 clusters are extremly lame. Repinning them isnt that hard, I went from 01 to 04 cluster. It is soooo nice at night, it really adds some serious bling factor to your interior at night, and even during the day with the varaiable brightness- I hooked mine so its illuminated with lights off as well.
Old 02-18-2008
Turbo Guru

Yeah, I may undertake that project. So much to do.

Yeah, so I pretty much figured out what I wanted to do. I want to have the rear seats reupholstered with the jacquard fabric that sparco uses on the torino 2 seats. So I went and picked up black and grey fabric from the shop that's a sparco dealer.

Turns out the grey is like 3 shades off from what's on my seats. Reason is, the fabric was made for the original torino and the color is different from that and the torino 2. So, now I have to figure out what to do.

I can still use the black, regardless. But I was going to do door inserts with the grey, can't now, too much contrast from the seats. As far as the back seats, I'm not sure if I can get away with it or not. I don't know if anyone would notice the contrasting colors at a glance.

I would make it easy and get the right fabric from sparco but they informed me that they don't have the matching fabric for the torino 2 and they "may" be getting it sometime this year and that's all they could or all they would tell me.

The jacquard fabric in that design and color is not going to be easy to find. So I have a few options; go all black, go with the fabric I have for the back seat, go with a different style of grey fabric.

What do you guys think?
Old 02-18-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Andy's interior thread-give me suggestions

Post pics of how different the shades are
Old 02-18-2008
Turbo Guru

Its dark outside, so I had to flash the camera so it kinda dulls out the contrast a little....
The first pic shows the contrast the best.

Old 02-18-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

the fabric looks to be a lighter shade....i'd hold out for the right fabric or just go all black and then add the contrast pieces later.
Old 02-18-2008
Turbo Guru

Well, when you're dealing with custom seat covers, its not going to be cheap once, let alone twice....
Not to mention the fabric may not be available at all....
The fabric roll is actually about 3 or so shades darker. Hard to see with the flash lightening everything up.
Old 02-18-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

reading > me...i thought you were only doing the door panels....nvm. i'd just wait, or hold onto everything for a month or so and see if the fabric becomes available.
Old 02-18-2008
Turbo Guru

Waiting would be fine and all but I've got to do something, show season is right around the corner....
Old 02-18-2008
Premium Member

Another idea, hook up your map lights to come on when opening the doors. It'd be a different mod, but you probably wouldnt score many points unless the judges really know our cars.

You can do the headliner too- that adds some flare. There are pics my headliner when I had it done in the "custom headliner" thread. Match that to your seats and it'd be pretty sick... or just use the fabric that you picked up for the rears for it- nobody could really tell they are a few shades off.

Last edited by TRIZ; 02-18-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-18-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

get that dome light someone was selling, where it spelled out CIVIC in leds lol. he made a bunch of em and prolly is still around.
Old 02-18-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should do brushed aluminum trim kit, silver door panels and call it a day. I wouldn't go too overboard. Keep it simple ya?
Old 02-19-2008
Premium Member

aluminum door sills with laser etched civic or honda logos... bonus points for illuminated ones.
Old 02-19-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Neon, lots and lots of neon. Plus those fighter jet switches with the red caps.

IDK, I'd dump the pillar pod and re-loc the gauges somewhere else. I'm kicking a couple of ideas around, but the center console area is looking good.
Old 02-19-2008
Turbo Guru

Here's what I've got after sleeping on it a little.

LED's are too flashy, not what I'm going for.

Headliner would be nice but wouldn't really add enough value to be worth it, imo.

Trim panels will be redone, I dono if I can get them painted for a flat, no gloss brushed aluminum look or if I have to get a trim kit. Also not sure if I'd rather repaint them in the same color. FYI, that color is SSM.

As for the rear seats and door panels, I may just suck it up and use what I have. It is a few shades darker but at a glance, the difference for the back seats prolly won't be noticeable and the door panels will only be seen when the doors are open, so nobody will probably really notice anyways.

I am prolly gonna have a shift boot made from the remnants of the black fabric with some red stitching and use what's left to do my trunk setup.

And for gauges, I have 4 and nowhere else to put them....

Last edited by andyman97; 02-19-2008 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-19-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Can you controllably fade the fabric? UV lights or some kind of a dye removal wash? There's gotta be something that can be done to it so it gets closer.
Old 02-19-2008
Type-Race

I supppose for show, the fabric diff is big...but personally, I wouldnt think twice bout putting it on. Its way too insignificant.
Old 02-19-2008
Turbo Guru

Yeah, Justin, I'd thought about that. I'm going to look into it.
Old 02-19-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think that the differences in the fabric are going to be noticeable to most people. plus if you use the darker fabric throughout the car, it is going to look fine. you could buy more of the darker fabric and one day get the silver on the seats switched to the darker shade, just my .02.
Old 02-19-2008
Turbo Guru

Yeah, that's along the lines of what I was thinking. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

How do you like the Avic-D3? I'm looking to get one...

Do you have XM or anything? i want to know if the AVIC will delete my XM player and make everything functional through the D3, instead of having my HU and my XM player inside my car... takes up space if you ask me. But let me know, the pros... i know the only cons i have heard so far was that you can't play CD's/DVD's while having Navi in use since navi is a DVD.

And if you're wondering about the ARC ****, i have one and i absolutely love it... it's REALLY small, so i moved my boot down so it's just the Shifter and then the ****... Since the **** is so small, my hands were touching the boot and it was very uncomfortable. How my **** was before:

Last edited by Mralbino; 02-21-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-21-2008
Turbo Guru

The AVIC D3 is awesome. No pros in my book. Yes, it will control xm or sirius as long as you have the antenna for it, I believe. I don't use it, I just use my 80 gig ipod and the ipod control is phenomenal, it even allows video playback. Sure you can use navi and watch a dvd. You just have to have the navi disc in when you're mapping the route. Once you do, it'll save it and you can then put in a dvd if you want.

For the ****, those are before pics? I haven't looked that closely at the boot, how did you get rid of the ring at the top of it? How does it look now? What did you change since the pics?
Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

It's a threaded shift boot collar for RSX's... you can get it from www.strutking.com I don't have after pics YET, i can see if i can get some later tonight when i get home from work. But basically i took off that collar, therefore the boot just falls down and shows the actualy shifter... i have a buddy club SS, and it's BLACK... so what i did, was i ziptied the boot towards the bottom of this shifter so it shows the actual shifter... Kind of similar to this:

I also have the Pedals from www.strutking.com too, i know you're looking for Ideas, so i thought i would throw these out too... i love them btw, definately makes the interior stand out.

Also, How well can you see the AVIC-D3 during the day... since honda was gay and they added that little tilt to it.
Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

Lord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of light

On the fabric color topic... if someone thinks they notice a difference you could just blame it on the tint:]
Old 02-21-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Mralbino
It's a threaded shift boot collar for RSX's... you can get it from www.strutking.com I don't have after pics YET, i can see if i can get some later tonight when i get home from work. But basically i took off that collar, therefore the boot just falls down and shows the actualy shifter... i have a buddy club SS, and it's BLACK... so what i did, was i ziptied the boot towards the bottom of this shifter so it shows the actual shifter... Kind of similar to this:

I also have the Pedals from www.strutking.com too, i know you're looking for Ideas, so i thought i would throw these out too... i love them btw, definately makes the interior stand out.
i like that boot adapter they have on there, but 16 bucks for a threaded chunk of aluminum?

Quick Reply: Andy's interior thread-give me suggestions