RSX rear seats HELP !!!! - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2007   #1  
Registered!!

SilverCivic504 is an unknown quantity at this point
RSX rear seats HELP !!!!

i need some quick responds. I just brought some front rsx seats for 180. The guy wants to trade my factory rear seats for his rears. My question is, will my rears fit in his 03 rsx type s ? I know our rears are 60/40, and the rsxs are 50/50.

One more question. I cant seem to find the diy link to get the rsx rears to fold down. Does anybody have em? I wanna get more airflow for my subs.

thanks
SilverCivic504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #2  
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RSX rear seats HELP !!!!

i don't think your rears will fit in his type-s because the type-s seats need to be down a little to fit in the civic. i don't think the civic rear is wide enough.
HonCiv02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #3  
Balut Eating Champ

pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road

the guy is screwing you up because RSX back seats does not fit (OEM) you have to MOD it, and if you do, they don't have enough cusioning like civic does... just buy the fronts!!! and get your civic back seats wrapped with RSX like leather... much better look and very comfy... so... can i get a rep???
pnoyster2k1cvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #4  
Registered!!

hmm interesting... wont be fair trade if my seats wont fit his. sigh. oh well on way to pick em up =D
Old 12-11-2007   #5  
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

why would someone with an rsx type-s want to install our crappy cloth seats in his car? that seems odd
cinaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #6  
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinaibur View Post
why would someone with an rsx type-s want to install our crappy cloth seats in his car? that seems odd
my thoughts exactly. haha.
beadebaserr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #7  
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

short answer...civic rear seats won't fit into a rsx. The civic rear seats are taller then the stock rsx seats. The bottom part of the seats will fit without mods.

rsx rear seats will fit if you mod them. you need to get a angle saw and cut out the latch part of the rsx seat, there two wide with them on there. Its not hard, but very time consuming.

It took me like 3hrs, because i didnt know what the hell i was doing and had to figure it out. I saw a pro can probably do everything within an hr.

Do not use a dremel, get a angle saw. A dremel will take forever.
TemjinX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #8  
Registered!!

haha my thoughts exactly. he wanted my rear bc he got the civic si fronts and he wanted cloths in the rear to go w the fronts. dunno seem like i was getting the better of it haha
Old 12-11-2007   #9  
Registered!!

ohsnapsjay08 will become famous soon enough

Sup temjin!!

he is right, since i got the Rear rsx seat from him.. it wont fit unless you custom mod it and it wont lock, thoe it would just sit there and it wont even budge. I have two people sat on my rear (before i sold my vic with rsx seat) and no problem. and I did some little mod aswell where I put a hinge in the middle of the seat. so yea, mine's forsale btw.

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
short answer...civic rear seats won't fit into a rsx. The civic rear seats are taller then the stock rsx seats. The bottom part of the seats will fit without mods.

rsx rear seats will fit if you mod them. you need to get a angle saw and cut out the latch part of the rsx seat, there two wide with them on there. Its not hard, but very time consuming.

It took me like 3hrs, because i didnt know what the hell i was doing and had to figure it out. I saw a pro can probably do everything within an hr.

Do not use a dremel, get a angle saw. A dremel will take forever.
ohsnapsjay08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #10  
Registered!!

how much ohsnaps?
Old 12-11-2007   #11  
Registered!!

nvm just seen ur fs thread
Old 12-11-2007   #12  
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsnapsjay08 View Post
Sup temjin!!

J

hey man, grats on the new s2000. I kinda wished i kepted my seats and 7th gen sometimes. You should come to one of the meets sometime. Love to see it in person.
TemjinX2 is offline   Reply With Quote