Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   RSX rear seats HELP !!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/302823-rsx-rear-seats-help.html)

SilverCivic504 12-10-2007 09:32 PM

RSX rear seats HELP !!!!

i need some quick responds. I just brought some front rsx seats for 180. The guy wants to trade my factory rear seats for his rears. My question is, will my rears fit in his 03 rsx type s ? I know our rears are 60/40, and the rsxs are 50/50.

One more question. I cant seem to find the diy link to get the rsx rears to fold down. Does anybody have em? I wanna get more airflow for my subs.

thanks

HonCiv02 12-10-2007 10:12 PM

Re: RSX rear seats HELP !!!!

i don't think your rears will fit in his type-s because the type-s seats need to be down a little to fit in the civic. i don't think the civic rear is wide enough.

pnoyster2k1cvic 12-10-2007 11:08 PM

the guy is screwing you up because RSX back seats does not fit (OEM) you have to MOD it, and if you do, they don't have enough cusioning like civic does... just buy the fronts!!! and get your civic back seats wrapped with RSX like leather... much better look and very comfy... so... can i get a rep??? :D

SilverCivic504 12-10-2007 11:55 PM

hmm interesting... wont be fair trade if my seats wont fit his. sigh. oh well on way to pick em up =D

cinaibur 12-11-2007 12:29 AM

why would someone with an rsx type-s want to install our crappy cloth seats in his car? that seems odd

beadebaserr 12-11-2007 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by cinaibur (Post 4270382)
why would someone with an rsx type-s want to install our crappy cloth seats in his car? that seems odd

my thoughts exactly. haha.

TemjinX2 12-11-2007 04:04 AM

short answer...civic rear seats won't fit into a rsx. The civic rear seats are taller then the stock rsx seats. The bottom part of the seats will fit without mods.

rsx rear seats will fit if you mod them. you need to get a angle saw and cut out the latch part of the rsx seat, there two wide with them on there. Its not hard, but very time consuming.

It took me like 3hrs, because i didnt know what the hell i was doing and had to figure it out. I saw a pro can probably do everything within an hr.

Do not use a dremel, get a angle saw. A dremel will take forever.

SilverCivic504 12-11-2007 01:13 PM

haha my thoughts exactly. he wanted my rear bc he got the civic si fronts and he wanted cloths in the rear to go w the fronts. dunno seem like i was getting the better of it haha

ohsnapsjay08 12-11-2007 02:26 PM

Sup temjin!!

he is right, since i got the Rear rsx seat from him.. it wont fit unless you custom mod it and it wont lock, thoe it would just sit there and it wont even budge. I have two people sat on my rear (before i sold my vic with rsx seat) and no problem. and I did some little mod aswell where I put a hinge in the middle of the seat. so yea, mine's forsale btw.

J

Originally Posted by TemjinX2 (Post 4270409)
short answer...civic rear seats won't fit into a rsx. The civic rear seats are taller then the stock rsx seats. The bottom part of the seats will fit without mods.

rsx rear seats will fit if you mod them. you need to get a angle saw and cut out the latch part of the rsx seat, there two wide with them on there. Its not hard, but very time consuming.

It took me like 3hrs, because i didnt know what the hell i was doing and had to figure it out. I saw a pro can probably do everything within an hr.

Do not use a dremel, get a angle saw. A dremel will take forever.

SilverCivic504 12-11-2007 06:47 PM

how much ohsnaps?

SilverCivic504 12-11-2007 06:48 PM

nvm just seen ur fs thread

TemjinX2 12-11-2007 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by ohsnapsjay08 (Post 4270536)
Sup temjin!!

J

hey man, grats on the new s2000. I kinda wished i kepted my seats and 7th gen sometimes. You should come to one of the meets sometime. Love to see it in person.