Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My Baby got b**tch slapped! UPDATE!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007
Creative Mind Extraodinare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Graphicdude will become famous soon enoughGraphicdude will become famous soon enough
My Baby got b**tch slapped! UPDATE!!

My poor car Got bitch slapped by a Mazda 3 on Friday night. What a **** off. Not sure if it is going to be a write off. There is a lot more damage than what is shown. My engine is **** eyed, battery is kissing my CAI, rad is pooched. What's worse is that the Mazda 3 had a minor dent and a scratch!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	civic1.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	73292   Click image for larger version

Name:	civic2.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	73293   Click image for larger version

Name:	civic3.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	73294   Click image for larger version

Name:	civic4.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	73295  

Last edited by Graphicdude; 12-18-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-10-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
Re: My Baby got b**tch slapped!

That definitely sucks. Theyre probably going to end up totaling it out. Whos fault was it? details..
Old 12-10-2007

Graphicdude will become famous soon enoughGraphicdude will become famous soon enough

I was in the intersection turning left. It turned yellow, guy in front of me took off, i was right behind him as it turned red. Chick in car ran red light and hit me. Luckily I got a witness who said she ran a red light but my guess is it will be a 50/50 at fault accident. I hope they don't write it off becuase I don't want to have to look for a new car. It is such a pain in the *** to find a car that trust worthy.

I have had this car since it was brand new, maintained all service and kept all records, so I know this car will be reliable when it turns into my winter beater in a few years.
Old 12-10-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah that sucks, here people always run the red at the last second. but the actual rule is, the car already in the intersection has right of way when it turns yellow and then red. so you should be fine. they may end up fixing it if the repairs dont equal more than what the car is worth. my insurance ended up paying $8k to fix mine up and the car was only worth around 9-10k.
Old 12-10-2007

I spoke to an adjuster friend in E-Town, Canada there is an unwritten rule between insurance agencies that they agree upon. Anyone in the intersection turning left is at fault if they hit someone, but he said having a witness helps in a huge way. Otherwise I would have been totally at fault regardless if she ran the red or not.
Old 12-10-2007

I suppose this thread can be moved to the Accidents & Crashes Thread Sticky. Didn't see it earlier otherwise I would have posted it there.
Old 12-10-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

that looks bad....hope they dont total your car...
Old 12-10-2007
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light

sounds and looks like there going to total it. Glad your ok
Old 12-11-2007

Just found out they will be writing off my car. They would have to put 2 new motor mounts, 2 new front frame rails and various other parts. Man that sucks Oh well gotta look for a new Civic I guess!
Old 12-11-2007
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

^get something better
Old 12-11-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Graphicdude
Just found out they will be writing off my car. They would have to put 2 new motor mounts, 2 new front frame rails and various other parts. Man that sucks Oh well gotta look for a new Civic I guess!
did they tell you frame rails? Theres no such thing as frame rails on a unibody civic. They may have to replace the subframe, but thats all bolt on and you can find them for cheap. If I were you, if you really like your car, see what it would cost for you to buy your car back from the insurance, use the money they give you to buy it back, and then fix it yourself. Then youll have a paid off car.
Old 12-11-2007
Registered!!

TIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond repute

I 100% agree with spoonEM.
Take the money and then purchase the car back. Then just fix it yourself. I mean you will have to have a shop paint it and maybe pull some parts back strait but it can be done.
Old 12-11-2007

I' going to wait for the official word from my insurance. I went to the repair shop to clean out my car and I asked them again if it was going to be a write off and he said "yes most likely" I took a look at it and its a mess under the hood. 2 motor mounts snapped, my engine needs some work and the whole front end needs to be replaced. Too much work.

I would love to fix my car but I don't have the time nor the tools to do it. I just really want to have a set of wheels again. it sucks not having a car, especially in this f**kin city where public transit is the *****.

So I will start looking just in case.
Old 12-11-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

Honestly, it probably wouldnt be as expensive as you might think.

Unless the unibody is all tweaked. ****, if you dont want to buy it back..let me know how much the insurance wants for it...i may buy it. lol
Old 12-11-2007

It might not be but honestly, that car will never be the same. It's like when you break up with a chick and you know she's been banging lots of guys during your "time a ppart" then she comes back to you, you happy but in the back of your mind you will always know she's been tainted.

If you are serious I can give you my insurance co. info and contact name. Not sure if you want to with the shitty US dollar, but PM me if you want to
Old 12-18-2007

Re: My Baby got b**tch slapped! UPDATE!!

I purchased a 2008 Sentra 2.0S with a 6 spd. I pick it up this week. Wanted the SE-R but they don't come in a manual trans, just the slap sticks and the Spec V requires premium fuel and I don't want to pay out of the *** to fill it up. So I am officially a Nissan owner. But will have a new Honda in next year. Wife is getting an 08 Accord
Old 12-18-2007
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light
Re: My Baby got b**tch slapped! UPDATE!!

congrats dude...u shouldve gotten the spec v tho..