Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Uk user. Need parts and ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gordizzel is on a distinguished road
Uk user. Need parts and ideas...

My UK ride is stock as you can see...

I need to know where to get parts from in the UK? Can anybody help me out? The obvious choice is ebay ( but they donr have a great selection ) and Hond-r.com but things off there seem to cost a small fortune? Any places you can think of?

Are there any other UK users that use this site?

What easy mods can I start with? Bare in mind I am aright NOOOOOOOB! LOL
Old 12-05-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Uk user. Need parts and ideas...

i would start with mods you can do cheaply like open the headlight and take amber piece out if you want. and change to the usdm clear sidemarker which fits the same hole. idk. get some philips silvervision 7440 bulbs for the rear turn signal to have them look clear when off but orange when on. those should be easy to find where you are. if you are looking for small mods, im sure someone here will help you out to buy it and then ship to you so long as you cover all the costs. ive shipped little things to UK before and it wasnt more than $20 for small boxes and stuff.
Old 12-05-2007
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

you could have my USDM tailights! and i could have your UKDM tails! we could have an even trade. bahaha jkk. little things like gearbox said, you could also debadge your car, tint your windows, or maybe geta radio.
Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

Whats the deal with UKDM taillights!? I have had a few people offer to buy my rear lights now!

What D.I.Y jobs can I do? I like the idea of taking the amber out. I noticed a thread a while ago where some lad took his lights off and somehow burnt them black? That make sense? They looked awesome...
Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

CaTacL1sm will become famous soon enoughCaTacL1sm will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gordizzel
Whats the deal with UKDM taillights!? I have had a few people offer to buy my rear lights now!
they're different from what we have over here. different without being outrageous like 90% of the aftermarket tails. jdm, usdm, edm, as long as it looks or is oem lol
Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

CaTacL1sm will become famous soon enoughCaTacL1sm will become famous soon enough

oh in regards to my previous post... ill trade you my left hand drive front clip for your RHD front clip... pm if interested
Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

hahaha, nah, your alright mate. Il pass. I am thinking 17inch alloys with a 35/40mm drop?
Old 12-05-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you can get a different front grill too
Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

I am going to have to get reading in the D.I.Y section coz I dunno how to install any of this stuff but I do wanna learn...
Old 12-05-2007
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

if your talking that kinda budget, get 17's, colilovers, a nice muffler tip, and window tints! your set =D. you could always add HID's or fogs too.
Old 12-05-2007
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Can I have the front half of your car?
Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

Yeah, I have a vision of how I want my car to look...

Can you guys send me a link of some shops that will ship parts to me?

I just looked on ebay and I can maybe get a sway bar, lights and exhaust if im lucky. There is not alot of choice tho...

Thanks for all the advice people. Its muchly appreciated.

Nobody in the UK has a clue about the d17 engine or the em2 coupe car itslelf. Thats why I need to learn a bit from you guys...
Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Rufus
Can I have the front half of your car?

Front half of my car!?
Old 12-05-2007
Premium Member

simple cheap mods that are worth it

-philips Xtreme power H4 headlights (autoexpress best buy award, brightest bulb)
-philips silvervision rear signals 7400.
-clear headlamps (take em off, bake in oven at 200F for 5 minutes, pry off clips, pull apart housing, gently pop out the amber piece and put housing back in the oven to reseal it. reinstall. get silvervision for front signals.
-rsx rear sway bar
-neuspeed front upper strut bar
-intake/header/exhaust
-window tint
-lowering springs, new shocks, or a coilover shock/spring combo
-clear sidemarkers
-fog lights with yellow H11 bulbs
-new stereo

that should keep you busy for a while
Old 12-05-2007
Premium Member

heres a nice intake, see if he will ship it to you

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...take-sale.html
Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

Looks okay. I know that you cant really get any decent results out the d17 without a turbo. I have been browsing around and see this :

http://www.hond-r.co.uk/index.php?ap...90647a17fe1b48

Recomended?
Old 12-05-2007
Diamond Member

well ths D17 doesnt have a lot of naturally aspirated potential, but does sound good with intake/headers/exhaust and may slightly improve gas mileage with a LITTLE more power. o and i believe he wants the front half since yours in right hand drive. making it mad jdm, yo! and dont buy no-name brands off ebay for large purchases.
Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

Yeah, im amazed at how many k20 swaps I see. If I got that done I would be the first in the UK. ( To the best of my knowledge nobody has done it ) I read that a turbo costs around 3k ( £ ). You could get a swap for near that! I could easily sell up and get an ep3 but I want my ride to stand out. To be a bit different..
Old 12-05-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

just FYI, im selling a brand new muffler and resonator.. all you'd have to do is find someone to weld it together to get a full system.. or you can just weld the muffler on and have an axle back.. either way itll provide the same performance gains and still sound very nice. Its a magnaflow which is one of the few systems that have a decent sound to it.. im willing to ship as well..

I also have coilovers that should fit your suspension.. pm me if your interested??

Welcome to the forum and btw theres a couple nice DIYs on how to black out (burnt the headlights black) the headlights.. its actually pretty easy to do especially on our year model headlights.. its a nice touch
Old 12-05-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

trade sell or whatever the mirrors....please! ill give you a vafcII and money!
Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by burke420
trade sell or whatever the mirrors....please! ill give you a vafcII and money!

Why? They are the same as your em2 mirrors aint they? I am getting the feeling that you want these parts to pass them off as JDM parts!? Hahahaha
Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

mazdakiril is an unknown quantity at this point

hey is that rear light on the bumper shock? Oh and wait those are folding mirrors too?
Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mazdakiril
hey is that rear light on the bumper shock? Oh and wait those are folding mirrors too?

Yeah mate. Somebody else asked me that before. I wish it wasnt there! Lol. Ruins the back of my ride :-( Lol
Old 12-05-2007
Premium Member

oh yea the rear fog light lol. and yes the aemV2 is a good intake too.
Old 12-05-2007
Registered!!

Yeah, rear lights, mirrors..is this the only way our cars differ in terms of parts?
Old 12-05-2007
Premium Member

you have stock sidemarkers, and all your turn signals have to be amber and only come on when signaling. on our cars, the rear signal is usually red and front amber comes on as a park light and signal. also we dont get a VTEC badge lol. and you have better rims.
Old 12-05-2007
Premium Member

also your stereo has a different design and the headlights have a better beam and cutoff.
Old 12-05-2007
Diamond Member

sidemarkers are non-USDM

^^gearbox beat me to it. the rims are nice! and how is the headlight different?
Old 12-05-2007
Premium Member

it has a sharper, more defined cutoff and brighter output. the ece standards are alot higher over there compared to our headlights that just have a blob for a cutoff. but during the day theres no difference in looks.
Old 12-05-2007
Diamond Member

ooo. very nice!

Quick Reply: Uk user. Need parts and ideas...