Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Head Build Project

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02LX is on a distinguished road
Head Build Project

Well I am not going to post a new threat for each stage that I am in, but I completed most of stage one this morning, I had an EX engine in my garage for about a year now, just sitting, and I always wanted to do the head swap, so I called and got some prices on the whole install and stuff, and what I am going to do is put in stage 1 or 2 (depending on where I will pass emissions) cams, overbore exhaust and intake valves, new springs and retainers, and do a stage 2 port and polish on it. This morning I took off the head, well most of it, but I need a new tool set to finish off the job. Will keep you posted as I go along.

Old 11-24-2007
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
Re: Head Build Project

good luck with the build.

are you building the head for N/A or turbo? did you get the motor dyno'd before you started modifying it so you have a baseline?

if you're looking for a stage 1 N/A cam, i have one for sale
Old 11-24-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome. nice job on crackin it open. Built is better! Well, unless you wanna save money and run less boost. Ha ha
Old 11-24-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Da1lyDr1ver
good luck with the build.

are you building the head for N/A or turbo? did you get the motor dyno'd before you started modifying it so you have a baseline?

if you're looking for a stage 1 N/A cam, i have one for sale
if the OP isn't interested in your cam, i have a friend who might be, where are you located and how much are you looking to get for it?