Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Attn: Retrofitters

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007
RHCP0801 is my hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute
Attn: Retrofitters

How the hell do you removed the reflector, I can see 3 star shaped screws that cant be reached to remove. How do I do this?. Thanks
Old 09-23-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Attn: Retrofitters

should be just two adjustment screws from outside? post a pic.
Old 09-23-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

if youre talking about the main headlight reflector, it's 3 ball and socket type fasteners. you remove them by pulling them away from each other carefully.
Old 09-23-2007
Registered!!

marcuse will become famous soon enough

how do you mount them? i wanna seee some clean retro fit up close pics.
Old 09-23-2007
RHCP0801 is my hero

1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skipbarber
if youre talking about the main headlight reflector, it's 3 ball and socket type fasteners. you remove them by pulling them away from each other carefully.

damn i just drilled holes into the backing and put a screwdriver through to remove them, just gotta seal those up when im done.

I pulled those socket things after my method for fun and it was a bitch to get it back onto the ball.
Old 09-23-2007
RHCP0801 is my hero

Originally Posted by marcuse
how do you mount them? i wanna seee some clean retro fit up close pics.

im taking pics of my progress , ill post it up when im done
Old 09-24-2007
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

i know exactly what your talking about but havent the slightest idea how to get to them without drilling/breaking something. I didnt take it apart for my retro which is still a work in progress... sigh ... its been over a month since i started projectors are mounted and aiming wont take long but just cant find something big enough or the right shape to use as a shroud

what kind of projectors are you using?
Old 09-24-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

who needs shrouds :P i know i dont
Old 09-24-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

you can remove two of them using allen wrench...the top one and one below...there's enough space to remove both....

the third one you must pull using both hands....the angle is very important when removing these...try to pull away from the plastic piece that has bent arm...If anyone needs I will post pics later.
Old 11-30-2007
Registered!!

Honda_Inspired is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried to pull it out of the one in the unreachable corner and the socket snapped in half! The other two sockets are fine. How would you fix the broken one?
Old 11-30-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

damn that sucks, you can glue them together but best method IMO is to use a steel wire tied to the back of the headlight...use either one of the hex screws with wire attached securely...drill a hole in the black housing and put a screw in there...and tie the wire that is coming from the one of the hex screw to the back of the housing held by the screw
Old 11-30-2007
Registered!!

Honda_Inspired is an unknown quantity at this point

Not bad of an idea, guess I'm not really that screwed. Since the socket did not break entirely and can semi hold, I was thinking of using adhesive silicon because of its flexible ability. argghhhh I'll just have to see how it goes from there.

This is the 1st step towards more retrofitting headaches