Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Attn: Retrofitters (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/300182-attn-retrofitters.html)

1sykcivic 09-23-2007 07:29 PM

Attn: Retrofitters

How the hell do you removed the reflector, I can see 3 star shaped screws that cant be reached to remove. How do I do this?. Thanks

gearbox 09-23-2007 07:49 PM

Re: Attn: Retrofitters

should be just two adjustment screws from outside? post a pic.

skipbarber 09-23-2007 10:01 PM

if youre talking about the main headlight reflector, it's 3 ball and socket type fasteners. you remove them by pulling them away from each other carefully.

marcuse 09-23-2007 11:06 PM

how do you mount them? i wanna seee some clean retro fit up close pics.

1sykcivic 09-23-2007 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by skipbarber (Post 4243114)
if youre talking about the main headlight reflector, it's 3 ball and socket type fasteners. you remove them by pulling them away from each other carefully.

damn i just drilled holes into the backing and put a screwdriver through to remove them, just gotta seal those up when im done.

I pulled those socket things after my method for fun and it was a bitch to get it back onto the ball.

1sykcivic 09-23-2007 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by marcuse (Post 4243135)
how do you mount them? i wanna seee some clean retro fit up close pics.

im taking pics of my progress , ill post it up when im done

EggRollBandit05 09-24-2007 04:01 AM

i know exactly what your talking about but havent the slightest idea how to get to them without drilling/breaking something. I didnt take it apart for my retro which is still a work in progress... sigh ... its been over a month since i started projectors are mounted and aiming wont take long but just cant find something big enough or the right shape to use as a shroud :shake:

what kind of projectors are you using?

Curiouz_G 09-24-2007 07:40 AM

who needs shrouds :P i know i dont :rofl:

Devani 09-24-2007 08:23 AM

you can remove two of them using allen wrench...the top one and one below...there's enough space to remove both....

the third one you must pull using both hands....the angle is very important when removing these...try to pull away from the plastic piece that has bent arm...If anyone needs I will post pics later.

Honda_Inspired 11-30-2007 12:22 PM

I tried to pull it out of the one in the unreachable corner and the socket snapped in half! The other two sockets are fine. How would you fix the broken one?

Devani 11-30-2007 03:36 PM

damn that sucks, you can glue them together but best method IMO is to use a steel wire tied to the back of the headlight...use either one of the hex screws with wire attached securely...drill a hole in the black housing and put a screw in there...and tie the wire that is coming from the one of the hex screw to the back of the housing held by the screw

Honda_Inspired 11-30-2007 05:26 PM

Not bad of an idea, guess I'm not really that screwed. Since the socket did not break entirely and can semi hold, I was thinking of using adhesive silicon because of its flexible ability. argghhhh I'll just have to see how it goes from there.

This is the 1st step towards more retrofitting headaches :lol: