Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Check out my camber install!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Check out my camber install!

So I dropped the car and have had some wicked camber problems...

Ha... not that bad, but bad enough that I need a camber kit. I got to work...

Jacked the car up, took off wheel, took off old camber kit... opened up the ksport box that was dropped shipped to my house via horsepowerfreaks.com. A nice set of orange camber arms to accent all the other aftermarket stuff.

I was having difficult getting the bolts back on, and have it a few turns- very tight... so I ran out to baxter auto parts and grabbed a 12x1.25 tap to straighten out the threads, then I swung by ace hardware for some lock nuts that fit. The ksports dont have the nut welded on the arm like the stockers do. Easy fix @ .94 cents each.

Here it is installed

I sat back after taking that picture and though, wow... thats some gnarly buildup of road crap in the well. So I strolled through the garage looking for some tools to take care of it.

2 spackels, 2 sponges, a roll of paper towels, a bucket, a green scrubber thing... and a few lbs of muscle, oh- and a hose.

I did my thing, and after the better part of an hour....

Pretty clean, could be a little cleaner if I had a steamer, but I dont. Nobody will see it anyways, except for the alignment shop- which I need to call tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed the pics!

Oh, heres another one that shows the color a little more accurately of the ksports, too bad theres a spec of dirt on it!

PEACE!
Old 09-04-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Check out my camber install!

looks tight TRIZ now all you need is rims and presto your set.
Old 09-04-2007
Registered!!

rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough

nuh uhh, them 14's will get'r'dunn..

btw, sick stuff man, you need some rear disks to show off your mods
Old 09-04-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

what exhaust is that??? nice suspension setup too btw
Old 09-04-2007
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

great job Triz.

+1 for you
Old 09-04-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

oh snap i bet that was like - 4 degrees! lol the car is coming along nicely man keep up the good work
Old 09-04-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

I guess the bashing each other can end now.

Good job!
Old 09-04-2007
Registered!!

MMKennedy will become famous soon enough

Haha nice! Even the exhaust is shining! . I'm planning on disassembling most of my '93 and doing the same, my whole car looks like that wheel well! lol.

Every job you do seems to be to the tee!
Old 09-04-2007
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

nice thread man...ksports look nice
Old 09-05-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d
I remember that horrible exhaust lol..... I used to have it and that thing weighed a ton!! Its from DC Sports Twin Canister System(TCS)..... Looks like you got Megan suspension
Old 09-05-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

wow.......orange stuff...must make ur car go faster!
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road

Looks good dude. i miss my civic
Old 09-05-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice

Originally Posted by goodtimes
GTFO Mr. 2006 Sti owner!!!! Haha........jk
Old 09-05-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by MURDOCK
looks tight TRIZ now all you need is rims and presto your set.
Yeah, rims would be cool, but they are just so damn expensive, with tires, and man... I just cant justify it financialy right now. In the future, I plan to scoop up some bronze or gold rims- nothing crazy, but def something differnt.

Originally Posted by rice4lyfe
nuh uhh, them 14's will get'r'dunn..

btw, sick stuff man, you need some rear disks to show off your mods
Yeah, I might need them to stop the car in the future, they would look cool, and of course be very functional. Maybe get some bronze rotors to go with the rims!

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d
DC sports TCS (twin canister system). Suspension is coming along- got a rear sway adapter kit from progress that I need to get on, along with a sway. I'm running with the front off because I swapped the exhaust. LX- lacks so much in the begining.

Originally Posted by 2005EM2
great job Triz.

+1 for you
Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by mugenman
oh snap i bet that was like - 4 degrees! lol the car is coming along nicely man keep up the good work
Haha, that was jacked up w/ the wheel hanging on there & lugs off. Although after dropped, I was sitting at like 3.xx deg of neg camber when first throwing the megans on. That sucked. Car is coming along, I still got many tricks up my sleve...along with some edm tails that I dont want to put on till i'm outta college- too likely some drunk will back into them and peace out.

Originally Posted by Alpha 5
I guess the bashing each other can end now.

Good job!
Ha, yessir- thanks! :Hug:

Originally Posted by MMKennedy
Haha nice! Even the exhaust is shining! . I'm planning on disassembling most of my '93 and doing the same, my whole car looks like that wheel well! lol.

Every job you do seems to be to the tee!
To the T fo sho. T to the riz, Triz it what it is u nigs. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty
nice thread man...ksports look nice
Thanks mayne.

Originally Posted by dru106
I remember that horrible exhaust lol..... I used to have it and that thing weighed a ton!! Its from DC Sports Twin Canister System(TCS)..... Looks like you got Megan suspension
It does have some weight to it, thats not a suprise. Horrible- no way! I like it very much- nice low rumble, peaks at 3.5k, stocky at redline- great for pushing it on the back roads at night- you see me, not hear me... well, thats a lie, but still its not like oh heres some ricer- lets pull him over. And yes, megans ftw- I'm suprised how good they are, havent let me down in any way.

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
wow.......orange stuff...must make ur car go faster!
Yes it does, verrroooom!

Originally Posted by goodtimes
I agree. Thanks. Buy another one!

Thanks everybody!! Work has had me down, but I'm back now that everyone just made me feel special. Thanks guys.

Oh.. Dru, look @ his sig, its an 07.
Old 09-05-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

looks good triz, cant wait till u save up for rims
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

That is one stinking clean car!! All I have money for is keeping my baby nice and clean. Good to know someone who knows how to get stuff to sparkle has money to dump into mods. Some rep for you.
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

LOoks good triz..
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

i'm jealous of your super clean wheel well. damn.
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

kevinking is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the coilovers!
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

very clean...literally. nice work triz.
Old 09-06-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

nice suspension... lookin clean time for some blue wheels..lol jk but get some wheels and then your ride is stout! heck some stock alloys look fresh too! hfp..ftw!
Old 09-06-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn Triz, very very clean car! Looks like you take really good care of it and are doing mods in a smart way, one step at a time. Good stuff!
Old 09-07-2007
Registered!!

jonjon81 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks really good man
Old 09-07-2007
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about

Triz, that stuff you took off the wheel well, is not dirt. its sound deadening and undercoating for your car. it also helps prevent rocks from chipping away from your paint in your wheel well. i'm not sure if i would have taken that off if i were you.

if you look under your car, you'll notice more of it by the jacking points, etc...
Old 09-07-2007
Premium Member

^ I didnt take it off, its still there. I just took off the dirt that was there there on top of it. If I took it off, it would look like bare metal because the paint is on top of the material they spray on at the factory.

Once again, thanks guys.
Old 09-07-2007
Premium Member

I've got a good amount of messages about this... anyone else detailed their wheel wells yet? Post pics!!
Old 09-13-2007
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

looking good... quick question... what size locking nuts did u need?
Old 09-14-2007
Registered!!

Boggie6868 should not be trusted

I was having difficult getting the bolts back on, and have it a few turns- very tight... so I ran out to baxter auto parts and grabbed a 12x1.25 tap to straighten out the threads, then I swung by ace hardware for some lock nuts that fit. The ksports dont have the nut welded on the arm like the stockers do. Easy fix @ .94 cents each.
What did you rethread?
Old 09-15-2007
Premium Member

I just took the bolt from the orig camber kit in to the hardware shop and find the bin and matched it up. Its the nuts with the vinyl ring around the end. Sorry I cant remember exactly the size. I had to barrow my moms car for it, sucks for the ppl who only have their vic- Time to break out that bike. Actually, I think that I might be able to tell you... I dont think I threw away my tap box yet, that has the size on it. hold up. Found it. 12mmX1.25

I had to rethread the camber bolt that bolts up into the undercarrige. I guess that I loosened one too much more then the other and ended up messing up the last few threads with the pressure that the camber arm had on it. Was pretty simple- I didnt fvck it up much at all- it was just the first few threads- just a precaution- woulda been a big problem.

From my little mistake, I offer you this..

How to change/install your (rear) camber kit:
First off, to make this simple, I'll say there are two points where the camber kit bolts in- one is your coilover and the other is your under carrige. Call it what u wanna call it.

1) Loosen lugnuts
2) Jack up car
3) Remove wheel
4) Grab your wrench and loosen the bolt on the camber arm that holds it to the coilover, and remove bolt by pushing drum brake in.
5) Take out each of the bolts holding the kit to the under carrige. Unscrew them equally- a few quarter turns at a time, then move to the next one and do the same.
6) Set your camber kit and install in reverse order.

If you install the bolts in a differnt order, you risk stripping and marring the threads... trust me.

aiight, i'm outts.
Old 09-15-2007
Registered!!

Boggie6868 should not be trusted

Thanks Triz.

Quick Reply: Check out my camber install!