Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Check out my camber install! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/299432-check-out-my-camber-install.html)

TRIZ 09-04-2007 07:52 PM

Check out my camber install!

So I dropped the car and have had some wicked camber problems...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1164/...bcc1e96839.jpg

Ha... not that bad, but bad enough that I need a camber kit. I got to work...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1157/...b77827c855.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1415/...8e47b0493e.jpg

Jacked the car up, took off wheel, took off old camber kit... opened up the ksport box that was dropped shipped to my house via horsepowerfreaks.com. A nice set of orange camber arms to accent all the other aftermarket stuff.

I was having difficult getting the bolts back on, and have it a few turns- very tight... so I ran out to baxter auto parts and grabbed a 12x1.25 tap to straighten out the threads, then I swung by ace hardware for some lock nuts that fit. The ksports dont have the nut welded on the arm like the stockers do. Easy fix @ .94 cents each.

Here it is installed

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1110/...99f4d5fd50.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1245/...3d343ff858.jpg

I sat back after taking that picture and though, wow... thats some gnarly buildup of road crap in the well. So I strolled through the garage looking for some tools to take care of it.

2 spackels, 2 sponges, a roll of paper towels, a bucket, a green scrubber thing... and a few lbs of muscle, oh- and a hose.

I did my thing, and after the better part of an hour....

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1258/...3cf356049a.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1147/...71decd0021.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1302/...22ba8e7618.jpg

Pretty clean, could be a little cleaner if I had a steamer, but I dont. Nobody will see it anyways, except for the alignment shop- which I need to call tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed the pics!

Oh, heres another one that shows the color a little more accurately of the ksports, too bad theres a spec of dirt on it!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1216/...8fc953a67d.jpg

PEACE!

MURDOCK 09-04-2007 08:05 PM

Re: Check out my camber install!

looks tight TRIZ now all you need is rims and presto your set.

rice4lyfe 09-04-2007 08:17 PM

nuh uhh, them 14's will get'r'dunn..

btw, sick stuff man, you need some rear disks to show off your mods

greeen01civic4d 09-04-2007 08:18 PM

what exhaust is that??? nice suspension setup too btw

2005EM2 09-04-2007 09:02 PM

great job Triz.

+1 for you

mugenman 09-04-2007 09:07 PM

oh snap i bet that was like - 4 degrees! lol the car is coming along nicely man keep up the good work

Alpha 5 09-04-2007 09:45 PM

I guess the bashing each other can end now.

Good job!

MMKennedy 09-04-2007 10:20 PM

Haha nice! Even the exhaust is shining! :p. I'm planning on disassembling most of my '93 and doing the same, my whole car looks like that wheel well! lol.

Every job you do seems to be to the tee! :)

Mr_Plenty 09-04-2007 10:29 PM

nice thread man...ksports look nice

dru106 09-05-2007 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d (Post 4235655)

I remember that horrible exhaust lol..... I used to have it and that thing weighed a ton!! Its from DC Sports Twin Canister System(TCS)..... Looks like you got Megan suspension :tup:

sl33pyriceboi 09-05-2007 12:55 AM

wow.......orange stuff...must make ur car go faster!

goodtimes 09-05-2007 12:55 AM

Looks good dude. i miss my civic

dru106 09-05-2007 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by goodtimes (Post 4235766)

GTFO Mr. 2006 Sti owner!!!! Haha........jk :sweet:

TRIZ 09-05-2007 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by MURDOCK (Post 4235650)
looks tight TRIZ now all you need is rims and presto your set.

Yeah, rims would be cool, but they are just so damn expensive, with tires, and man... I just cant justify it financialy right now. In the future, I plan to scoop up some bronze or gold rims- nothing crazy, but def something differnt.

Originally Posted by rice4lyfe (Post 4235654)
nuh uhh, them 14's will get'r'dunn..

btw, sick stuff man, you need some rear disks to show off your mods

Yeah, I might need them to stop the car in the future, they would look cool, and of course be very functional. Maybe get some bronze rotors to go with the rims!

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d (Post 4235655)

DC sports TCS (twin canister system). Suspension is coming along- got a rear sway adapter kit from progress that I need to get on, along with a sway. I'm running with the front off because I swapped the exhaust. LX- lacks so much in the begining.

Originally Posted by 2005EM2 (Post 4235664)
great job Triz.

+1 for you

Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by mugenman (Post 4235666)
oh snap i bet that was like - 4 degrees! lol the car is coming along nicely man keep up the good work

Haha, that was jacked up w/ the wheel hanging on there & lugs off. Although after dropped, I was sitting at like 3.xx deg of neg camber when first throwing the megans on. That sucked. Car is coming along, I still got many tricks up my sleve...along with some edm tails that I dont want to put on till i'm outta college- too likely some drunk will back into them and peace out.

Originally Posted by Alpha 5 (Post 4235684)
I guess the bashing each other can end now.

Good job!

Ha, yessir- thanks! :Hug:

Originally Posted by MMKennedy (Post 4235708)
Haha nice! Even the exhaust is shining! :p. I'm planning on disassembling most of my '93 and doing the same, my whole car looks like that wheel well! lol.

Every job you do seems to be to the tee! :)

To the T fo sho. T to the riz, Triz it what it is u nigs. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty (Post 4235713)
nice thread man...ksports look nice

Thanks mayne.

Originally Posted by dru106 (Post 4235759)
I remember that horrible exhaust lol..... I used to have it and that thing weighed a ton!! Its from DC Sports Twin Canister System(TCS)..... Looks like you got Megan suspension :tup:

It does have some weight to it, thats not a suprise. Horrible- no way! I like it very much- nice low rumble, peaks at 3.5k, stocky at redline- great for pushing it on the back roads at night- you see me, not hear me... well, thats a lie, but still its not like oh heres some ricer- lets pull him over. And yes, megans ftw- I'm suprised how good they are, havent let me down in any way.

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi (Post 4235764)
wow.......orange stuff...must make ur car go faster!

Yes it does, verrroooom!

Originally Posted by goodtimes (Post 4235766)

I agree. Thanks. Buy another one!

Thanks everybody!! Work has had me down, but I'm back now that everyone just made me feel special. Thanks guys.

Oh.. Dru, look @ his sig, its an 07.

LT2004ever 09-05-2007 02:43 AM

looks good triz, cant wait till u save up for rims :)

lordhelmet 09-05-2007 03:29 AM

That is one stinking clean car!! All I have money for is keeping my baby nice and clean. Good to know someone who knows how to get stuff to sparkle has money to dump into mods. Some rep for you.

popee 09-05-2007 12:28 PM

LOoks good triz..

beadebaserr 09-05-2007 03:27 PM

i'm jealous of your super clean wheel well. damn.

kevinking 09-05-2007 07:26 PM

I like the coilovers!

HonCiv02 09-05-2007 07:35 PM

very clean...literally. nice work triz.

burke420 09-06-2007 01:41 PM

nice suspension... lookin clean time for some blue wheels..lol jk but get some wheels and then your ride is stout! heck some stock alloys look fresh too! hfp..ftw!

speedfoos 09-06-2007 03:30 PM

Damn Triz, very very clean car! Looks like you take really good care of it and are doing mods in a smart way, one step at a time. Good stuff!

jonjon81 09-07-2007 09:27 AM

looks really good man

Da1lyDr1ver 09-07-2007 11:55 AM

Triz, that stuff you took off the wheel well, is not dirt. its sound deadening and undercoating for your car. it also helps prevent rocks from chipping away from your paint in your wheel well. i'm not sure if i would have taken that off if i were you.

if you look under your car, you'll notice more of it by the jacking points, etc...

TRIZ 09-07-2007 05:29 PM

^ I didnt take it off, its still there. I just took off the dirt that was there there on top of it. If I took it off, it would look like bare metal because the paint is on top of the material they spray on at the factory.

Once again, thanks guys.

TRIZ 09-07-2007 05:30 PM

I've got a good amount of messages about this... anyone else detailed their wheel wells yet? Post pics!!

speedricerx 09-13-2007 12:21 AM

looking good... quick question... what size locking nuts did u need?

Boggie6868 09-14-2007 02:23 PM

I was having difficult getting the bolts back on, and have it a few turns- very tight... so I ran out to baxter auto parts and grabbed a 12x1.25 tap to straighten out the threads, then I swung by ace hardware for some lock nuts that fit. The ksports dont have the nut welded on the arm like the stockers do. Easy fix @ .94 cents each.
What did you rethread?

TRIZ 09-15-2007 12:35 AM

I just took the bolt from the orig camber kit in to the hardware shop and find the bin and matched it up. Its the nuts with the vinyl ring around the end. Sorry I cant remember exactly the size. I had to barrow my moms car for it, sucks for the ppl who only have their vic- Time to break out that bike. Actually, I think that I might be able to tell you... I dont think I threw away my tap box yet, that has the size on it. hold up. Found it. 12mmX1.25 :tup:

I had to rethread the camber bolt that bolts up into the undercarrige. I guess that I loosened one too much more then the other and ended up messing up the last few threads with the pressure that the camber arm had on it. Was pretty simple- I didnt fvck it up much at all- it was just the first few threads- just a precaution- woulda been a big problem.

From my little mistake, I offer you this..

How to change/install your (rear) camber kit:
First off, to make this simple, I'll say there are two points where the camber kit bolts in- one is your coilover and the other is your under carrige. Call it what u wanna call it.

1) Loosen lugnuts
2) Jack up car
3) Remove wheel
4) Grab your wrench and loosen the bolt on the camber arm that holds it to the coilover, and remove bolt by pushing drum brake in.
5) Take out each of the bolts holding the kit to the under carrige. Unscrew them equally- a few quarter turns at a time, then move to the next one and do the same.
6) Set your camber kit and install in reverse order.

If you install the bolts in a differnt order, you risk stripping and marring the threads... trust me.

aiight, i'm outts.

Boggie6868 09-15-2007 12:48 PM

Thanks Triz.