Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

'93 lx small shoot

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MMKennedy will become famous soon enough
'93 lx small shoot

Easy on the criticism, I know I need rims, but unless anyone wants to front the cash, hush for now lol.

Just recently did the gauges myself, HID low and high beams, projector headlights, painted tails.

I need a drop and rims for sure, hopefully sometime in the next little while. Feel free to suggest any changes or mods.

Anyone think I should paint any of those black pieces on the outside? Trim? Door Handles? Mirrors? I have been debating those things. Seeing as how I don't have a huge bankroll right now I'd love to keep working on my interior. You can see the leather Acura seats, I just installed the neon with a fancy toggle switch lol. I'd love to paint a few things on my dash, perhaps the vents (maybe white?) and I definitely need a gauge pod on my driver side pillar with a Tach

*Edit: Holy ****ing shitty pics batman, I'll try to get some better quality out of my dig. camera next time
Old 09-01-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: '93 lx small shoot

looks nice and clean, the black trims is up to you, it doesnt look bad on a white car. i dont really care for those corner lights, either get the all amber lens ones or an all clear lens.
Old 09-01-2007
Registered!!

Forgot to mention that, I can get some all clears for like $35 off ebay, just haven't gotten around to it, but that's definitely on the list! I figure I may just leave all the trim, who's to say in a year or two I won't go black?

Definitely, definitely want to do a swap I think as soon as I get the cash. I love Honda, but a D15 is only good for insurance rates lol.
Old 09-01-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

If you paint your interior trim pieces white hit up the trim on the outside. Get your windows tinted too
Old 09-01-2007
Registered!!

Ah yeah, we got 5 people who wanna do trim, so we're trying to get a group discount, but it's still gonna cost like $200 a pop, so we figure we'll wait till Winter when tint places are a little more hard up for business and see if we can work out a better deal. Lifetime warranty though which is nice, but $200 is a bit steep, I can suffer through another month of heat to save $50 or $100.

You think if I do interior trim white I should do just the door trim white on the outside or everything? I think I REALLY wanna do the interior trim, interior is so cheap and less time consuming right now.
Old 09-01-2007
Look at me im a supporting member

civicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nice

yes do your outside trim too but car looks nice as is
Old 09-01-2007
Registered!!

Hey look! My camera takes shittier pics at night lol. Here are the neons that I and a few others worked so fervently to get working!

Last edited by MMKennedy; 09-01-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-01-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

looks good but blurry lol
Old 09-01-2007
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough

nice. i would paint the outside trim
Old 09-02-2007
Registered!!

Not bad for $150, 4 tires and rubber. I'm hoping to go check them out today. They're 15" and I'm already on 13, so that would be an improvement, and I think it'd be worth $150, at least something to roll on until I find something better. It has a bit of curb rash and tires are a little worn, but I don't think you can go wrong for that price eh?

Last edited by MMKennedy; 09-02-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-02-2007
7th gen old timer.

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

get rid of the projector headlights. and go stock. with amber corners. keep the trim black, put the gauges back to stock... neons...gone....those rims might look nice on a drop.... now pics of PAINTED TAILS??? don't paint any interior. or exterior. and you need more black contrast in the front.... like the grill black or something but its too white. and with clear corners its going to be to white.... constructive criticism sorry if its too much but ur heading down the rice path.....
Old 09-02-2007
Registered!!

I was thinking it would look nice if I got myself some black mesh and made a grill for the front to attach behind the bumber.

The stock headlights are the fugly type with the cracked glass look:

Imho those had to go, personally I prefer the projectors.
Painted tails:

Seeing as how those rims are 15", I don't think I'd need a camber kit if I dropped it an inch or two, would I? I probably wouldn't go bigger than 16 or 17" in the future, but I'm sure that with those sizes I'd need a camber kit for sure. Who can suggest some good lowering springs and new struts and where to get them?
Old 09-02-2007
7th gen old timer.

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

honestly i like the stock headlights they are simple. and you look at the projectors and theres alot going on... the tails look nice. as for the rims... you should get a camber kit regardless just to be safe.... but hey its your car u know what you like and if your having fun with it. nice work!
Old 09-02-2007
Registered!!

Does everyone ebay their lowering springs and camber kits and shiznat? I'm seeing basically $300 for front and rear Skunk2 camber kits. If anyone used any other online retailers or stores let me know.
Old 09-03-2007
Registered!!

02Sicivic is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Civichatch....don't paint the trim(inside or out). Don't install that chicken wire mesh in the grill unless you plan on keeping poultry behind it, just paint the stock grille black. It's nice to see a relatively clean EG, especially from Ontario. Did you buy the rims yet? I don't know if I like them in the pic but they might look good on the car.
Old 09-03-2007
Registered!!

The grille is so flush with the bumper though, how am I going to make that look decent?

I'm thinking of picking up the rims today or tomorrow, they look really nice in person and the guy and I talked shop for a few minutes, he used to drag his Prelude, we talked about doing a minime swap on mine and *****, he just wants to get the rims out of his garage.

Nice to see some more Ontarians
Old 09-03-2007
Registered!!

01EXGUY will become famous soon enough

car is lookin good man, nice and clean. i like what you done with the tails too. the headlights are lookin good too....keep up the good work and keep it clean......definately needs a drop and wheels tho lol
Old 09-03-2007
Registered!!

YESSS a friend of mine works in a shop and will install and balance the wheels for me for $30! I'm not sure if I'll bother with the camber kit just yet, I'll be running these for 3 or 4 months until winter and then back to steelies, and these tires probably won't last much longer than that anyway. I'll get a camber kit in the winter and put it on in the summer with new tires and the rims, and hopefully by then have enough money for some springs!

Thanks for the input guys, I'll post pics of the wheels when finished .
Old 09-04-2007
Registered!!

The stock grille is black, yours has been painted at one time. It will make your front end look so much better.
Old 09-04-2007
Registered!!

I'm having trouble finding a pic of a stock 93 lx with the black grille. I can't imagine what exactly would be black and where it would end, like the grille flows so continuously with the bumper...

Rims should be getting installed tomorrow though I'll have them totally revamped in the winter when the steelies are back on.
Old 09-05-2007

civicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nice

i like it so far but dont go over board with the painting interior
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

I like the rims, shitty quality pics, but keep in mind the steelies and hubs I had on before ^.

Here's what I did to the interior, not TOO ricey I think:
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

Doesn't look too bad. Are those tires bald? It would look a hell of a lot better with a decent drop too. I wouldn't paint too much more in the interior if it were my car. Too much paint and it will look really ricey really fast.

BTW: nice air freshener, I have the same one but orange
Old 09-05-2007

i dont like the red on the rims but car looks good and the rims are better than the hubs and steelies g/j so far
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

Thats what it might look like, I used my maddddd photoshop skillz to change the colour.

BTW my skillz are for hire, if you need something done let me know.
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

02Sicivic lol I love that little freshener, it works wonders!

The wheels are bald, but they came with the rims for $150 so who was I to complain? I'm gonna run them for the rest of the summer and get a whole new (matching lol) set next summer. I wanna get lowering springs and a camber kit asap, but they have to wait for the bank account to bulk up lol.

civicfan1203, when I take them off in the winter I'm gonna get them totally refurbed, buffed, polished, curb rash gone, and I'll probably get the red turned polished silver .

Thanks for the input guys, these tires make a HELL of a difference already, can't wait to drop it.
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

Hmm...that doesn't look too bad, even while trying to get past the mad "photoshop" skills lol. This is my DD, but if I had a whole day or two to commit I think I may try that. Of course, I'd had to sand, paint, paint, paint, clear coat, clear coat...what a pain in the *** lol. I have some VERY small rust spots I want to do myself anyway...
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point

What car is you're steering wheel from? Looks good!!
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh as far as I know that's the stock '93 lol.

Only had the car 4ish months, 178K on 'er, I figure I've got lots of time to make it look pretty and sound as good as Speedfoos .

Need more ****ing hours at work lol it's paying for **** right now