Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Fixin' the Blown HG (Pg. 59) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thread!!

Fwaaahhhh........ummm, I don't think so.....

Am I forgetting something? I did start drinking while waiting for the Chris' emails to clear the hotmail server and putting the car back together so I'll blame it on the beer. I don't think I had promised photos of something to anyone though.

Next datalog is done and back up to Chris. It's getting better but still not drivable.
Old 09-27-2007
Ricky Bobby style, IWGF

02civic21 is a jewel in the rough02civic21 is a jewel in the rough02civic21 is a jewel in the rough

this is soon gonna be a 1000 post thread then we can call clint mr1000
Old 09-27-2007

I hope so. If it stops getting more posts it means either my car blew up, I died, or both!

I banged the **** out of my head on the garage door on my way back in to the house. So add that to the fact that Chris had a medical appt - which equals no more maps for today - I'm going to bed. I think my head has stopped bleeding so I don't make a mess on my pillow.
Old 09-27-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

if u dont bleed while working on ur car, ur not working hard enough
Old 09-27-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

^^**** that LOL...well i guess we'll be waiting for 2morow..dam tomorrow sounds huge... drew gets his car..or sees it..and foos might finally be boosting 9psi...THIS IS A DAY THAT WILL LIVE IN INFAMAY..or whatever that one guy said..
Old 09-27-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

lmao i love how a man that cant avoid a garage door is going to be driving a car boosted at 9psi, does that scare anyone else that we're letting him have this much power?
Old 09-27-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
^^**** that LOL...well i guess we'll be waiting for 2morow..dam tomorrow sounds huge... drew gets his car..or sees it..and foos might finally be boosting 9psi...THIS IS A DAY THAT WILL LIVE IN INFAMAY..or whatever that one guy said..
But Infamy is a bad thing and thats from the Roosevelt speech
Infamy, in common usage, is notoriety gained from a negative incident or reputation (as opposed to fame). The word stems from the Latin infamia, antonym of fama (fame).

Well hopefully tomorrow won't be a bad day for foos.
Old 09-27-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

well look whos all philosophical and ****^^^ where did that come from murdock??
Old 09-27-2007

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d
well look whos all philosophical and ****^^^ where did that come from murdock??
I looked it up.
Old 09-27-2007
Banned

did u wikipedia???? i hate that damn site, just seems so..... gay
Old 09-27-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

or you could have said "negative" fame

a bad rep, if you will
Old 09-27-2007

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d
did u wikipedia???? i hate that damn site, just seems so..... gay
Yea it was the first site that came up.
It would not be as gay if it didn't have such a gay name as wikipedia.
Then again the name google is pretty gay and everyone uses it.
Old 09-27-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

cause it works...
Old 09-27-2007
Banned

yea but google sounds cooler than "wikipedia" just reminds me of wiccan, or 14 year old confused girls
Old 09-27-2007

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
cause it works...
O I'm not knocking google, best thing to happen to computers since the internet.

But when I first heard the name google I was like wtf this must be a joke.
But it seams the employees of google are the ones laughing all the way to the bank.
Old 09-27-2007
Registered!!

and shareholders
Old 09-28-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

so whats the deal with ur car man? how is everything coming along?
Old 09-28-2007

Everything is back together and Chris and I are working out the kinks with tuning the SRT-4 injectors. She doesn't like them at all right now and the ECU is fighting with the A/F skewing.

I got the new map last night after suffering the blunt trauma to my head from the garage door so hadn't had a chance to upload it to see how she behaved with it. It's giving me a weird constant, almost rhythmic, lean spike when I apply a constant light throttle above 2100 RPMs, but that was prior to this new map. Hopefully this new one will take care of that.

I've got to go help one of our IT guys move into a new place - always support the folks who can **** or fix your computers at work - so I'll mess with the map and whatnot once I'm done with that tonight.
Old 09-28-2007
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by speedfoos
I've got to go help one of our IT guys move into a new place - always support the folks who can **** or fix your computers at work - so I'll mess with the map and whatnot once I'm done with that tonight.
I know what u mean man, always be nice to the IT guys
Old 09-28-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

im a IT guy and you know what... your exactly right
Old 09-28-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

good **** man! cant wait to see her up and running again...no ****, u hit the dome piece on the garage door huh..lol gotta watch where ur going...doesnt out military have a vision plan? lol
Old 09-28-2007

It was dark, I was half in the bag. I claim no responsibility for my actions....

Off to upload the new map. All the aforementioned conditions still apply...
Old 09-28-2007

Ooooo! Looks like she likes this one! Steady idle, fairly constant A/Fs. Gonna stop this datalog and then run one with light, constant throttle.
Old 09-29-2007

OK. So I've been back and forth with Chris a few times getting this new tune squared away with the new injectors and more boost. Last night I uploaded the third map and sent an idle datalog, a constant throttle log, and some idle to WOT throttle blips to start smoothing things out. It was idling just about right last night and the rest of the map pretty solid.

This morning I went and adjusted the manual boost controller to what I figured was a moderate setting as I don't want to go above 9 psi once everything is said and done. Started her up, idle is good, I have some throttle transition issues, but nothing major. I poke through town on the way to the soccer game, smelling all the spillt fluids burning off the exhaust and block from the HG replacement.

I get out of town and cautiously go into boost, watching the AFR and boost gauges.....

This was really hard, cuz as soon as she spooled up, my melon knocked into the headrest and all could do was hold on!!!! OMFG!!! Talk about a night and day difference! I'm at steady at just under 5.75psi, partial throttle, ****ing tires broke loose (road was wet) and she ****ing off like a rocket! This morning was the most fun I've safely had in a long time. Holy crap the difference 1.75psi makes on this GT30!! She was just singing!

After the soccer game I adjusted the BC a 1/4 turn (like Chris told me to!) and she was at 6 psi on the way home. I get on it a little in first and the tires chirp and the same thing if I go from vac to boost in 2nd! This is simply awesome. I can't wait to be fully tuned at 9 psi to see what it does.
Old 09-29-2007
Banned

Re: Back on the road - Boosted at 6 psi!!(Pg. 63) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thre

man, we need to see some track times Clint, need to know how fast the car really is, great news about the tune tho, hope u get her squared away soon, im excited for ya man!!!
Old 09-29-2007

Re: Back on the road - Boosted at 6 psi!!(Pg. 63) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thre

Hey thats great news foos I was getting a little worried for you there.
Man I would love to see some numbers too.
Old 09-29-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

We need a video!
Old 09-29-2007
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by speedfoos
OK. So I've been back and forth with Chris a few times getting this new tune squared away with the new injectors and more boost. Last night I uploaded the third map and sent an idle datalog, a constant throttle log, and some idle to WOT throttle blips to start smoothing things out. It was idling just about right last night and the rest of the map pretty solid.

This morning I went and adjusted the manual boost controller to what I figured was a moderate setting as I don't want to go above 9 psi once everything is said and done. Started her up, idle is good, I have some throttle transition issues, but nothing major. I poke through town on the way to the soccer game, smelling all the spillt fluids burning off the exhaust and block from the HG replacement.

I get out of town and cautiously go into boost, watching the AFR and boost gauges.....

This was really hard, cuz as soon as she spooled up, my melon knocked into the headrest and all could do was hold on!!!! OMFG!!! Talk about a night and day difference! I'm at steady at just under 5.75psi, partial throttle, ****ing tires broke loose (road was wet) and she ****ing off like a rocket! This morning was the most fun I've safely had in a long time. Holy crap the difference 1.75psi makes on this GT30!! She was just singing!

After the soccer game I adjusted the BC a 1/4 turn (like Chris told me to!) and she was at 6 psi on the way home. I get on it a little in first and the tires chirp and the same thing if I go from vac to boost in 2nd! This is simply awesome. I can't wait to be fully tuned at 9 psi to see what it does.
Old 09-29-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

thats awesome foos im glad to hear it man
Old 09-29-2007

I'll take a video tomorrow folks!

Just got home from dinner and was hoping for a new map so I could start getting my idle and throttle transition issues taken car of and also start really tuning for 9 psi. But no map in the old inbox .

Oh well. Good Christ this thing is fun to drive now! I can't even WOT in first gear because I just spin and that's from a 15mph roll!

Quick Reply: Gonzo.