Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

04 LX coupe Map Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007
Fiberglass Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seiber84 is on a distinguished road
04 LX coupe Map Lights?

They must be differnt in the 04-05 than the 01-03? I did some search and popped of the lens expecting to see wedge-type bulbs, however they look like very small festoon bulbs. Can anyone verify this? If so what size (in mm) are they.

Festoon= typical Dome Light bulb.

The reason being is that I am trying to swap them out for LEDs.
Old 07-15-2007
Fiberglass Guru

Re: 04 LX coupe Map Lights?

any help?
Old 07-15-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

If you're talking about swapping them for the led festoon style, don't bother. I tried a couple different ones for the main dome light in my 04 DX, and they were all so dim, i went back to the stock bulb. if you're going to do leds, you'll prolly have to do it gearbox style and solder some good leds in there. as far as the bulbs themselves, majestic honda lists the stock ones as "BULB (12V8W) (DAIICHI)". you may find the size if you google that. hope this helps.
Old 07-15-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough

my advice is to stick with the stock bulbs. i replaced them once with some pretty freakin bright ones and it was literally blinding. even the $1.29 bulbs from autozone are a bit brighter than id like
Old 07-15-2007
Fiberglass Guru

Ambulance- any chance you tried any from www.SuperBrightLEDs.com thats where I am about to order them from.

So I have one vote for too dim and one vote for too bright?
Old 07-15-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

i'd PM Gearbox. he can tell you where to get the LEDs from. also, i think chawski is talking about incandescent bulbs that he bought being too bright, not LEDs.
Old 07-15-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if you can, try and find the hi power leds in festoon form. theyre all over ebay but they come in many sizes
Old 07-18-2007
Registered!!

SmUrFf is an unknown quantity at this point

I just received my bulbs from superbrightleds... Now I am not too sure in how to open the maplights and the center domelights. I don't wanna break any clips. Please help. Pics would be great...
Old 07-18-2007
Fiberglass Guru

Do you have an 04 coupe? If so, which exact bulbs did you order from them. I too was looking around SuperBrightLeds.

As far as removing the plastic pieces to install the bulbs...

You can just use a small flathead screwdriver. Insert it in the little notch on the leftmost or rightmost part of the lens and just turn it a little bit and it should fall right down giving you access to the bulbs.

Let me know how you make out.
Old 07-18-2007
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

The bulbs # for those style are DE 3175 ( original, 12V 8W ) Dome & Map

The map light covers come off very easy, as mentioned release from sides toward center of car.

For the dome light look for small areas on front and rear of lense that look like [ ]

[ B______F ]

[ B______F ]

Release back side of lense with small blade screwdriver.
Old 07-18-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

or just do a custom led retro with superfluxes, should be bright enough and not heat up alot.
Old 07-18-2007
Registered!!

No, I have a '03 coupe. Sizes of the bulbs that I bought were 3022-x4 LED Festoon bulb for the maplight and I am not too sure about the domelight. I was able to open the domelight and the bulb needed is BULB 578, 12.8V, 10W. I'll be trying to replace my bulbs tonight. I'll post how it turns out.

Last edited by SmUrFf; 07-24-2007 at 10:13 PM. Reason: wrong size
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

ohsnapsjay08 will become famous soon enough

I got some one ebay, the only thing is, its alittle loose but i kinda pinch the clip closer and now it works great. not that bright, but its better than a yellow oem bulb.
Old 07-24-2007
Registered!!

The RED 3022-x4 LED Festoon bulb for the maplight I installed is not what I expected. It is not bright at all. I am planning on replacing them with white ones but with 9 LEDS. I hope it would be bright.