Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My new custom door panels. *More Pix*

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
My new custom door panels. *More Pix*

Ok, I've been crusin around without door panels for WAY too long! So I finally sanded primed and painted my door panels. I was thinking about cloth and suede and ****, but decided against that. The paint will provide a durable and easily cleaned surface. Check out the picage:

I haven't put armor all on the doors yet, so the rest of the door isn't shiney, but I love the result.

P.S. It's the same paint I painted my entire car with....which unfortuntely isn't ready to show off yet. It's Kustom Shop Fire Red Pearl.

Last edited by Eyger; 06-29-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-27-2007
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: My new custom door panels.

post pictures when you put them back on
Old 06-27-2007
Registered!!

ssgmolina is an unknown quantity at this point

looking sweet man. what did you do with the cloth that i think was there? and hey the rims get here on friday
Old 06-28-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Looks like the paint went on thick. Hope it comes out dope!
Old 06-28-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ssgmolina
looking sweet man. what did you do with the cloth that I think was there? and hey the rims get here on friday
Ya man I just ripped out that stuff. Once you take it off, you realize how cheap it is. But I'm not surprised though, Civics are just supposed to be resonably priced, so It's all good. But the main reason I ripped it out was because the cloth started to peel/fall off. That's cool the rims are showing up on friday, I hope you enjoy them, I kinda miss them! It's all good!
Old 06-28-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Looks like the paint went on thick. Hope it comes out dope!
It's two coats single stage acrylic urethane, to it dries slick like that. It's cool though I can't wait to put it back together.
Old 06-28-2007
Registered!!

guess i have another project coming up
Old 06-28-2007
A long winded 7th genr

More pictures at top!
Old 06-28-2007
Registered!!

bboyelf18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey anybody know anyone parting out a an 02 civic I'm in desperate need of a right door shell for my 02 civic!!!!
Old 06-28-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by bboyelf18
Hey anybody know anyone parting out a an 02 civic I'm in desperate need of a right door shell for my 02 civic!!!!
Check the for sale forums, or go to www.hondapartscheap.com

SSGMolina, yeah dude! Paint or re-do your doors. You'll be glad you did. I think it's a tasteful mod, pretty easy to do too.
Old 06-28-2007
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute

Im selling black coupe door panels!!!!
click the link in my sig for pix!!!
Old 06-28-2007
Registered!!

man they came out looking clean.... and clear coat on top of that?
Old 06-28-2007
A long winded 7th genr

....Talk about getting thread-jacked

man they came out looking clean.... and clear coat on top of that?
Thanks Nope, just paint, the single stage urethane has crazy gloss! I recommend it for anyone that's just a beginner (like me) with HVLP automotive painting.
Old 06-28-2007
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

damn that's nice.
Old 06-28-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Good looking paint job man. Very nicely done!
Old 06-28-2007
Registered!!

hmmm u think i should go with the blue that im going with the interior of the car or do them in black?
Old 06-28-2007
A long winded 7th genr

hmmm u think i should go with the blue that im going with the interior of the car or do them in black?
Definately go for it, I would do the blue, in the same place as I did the red, only if you plan to do some more splashes of of blue down the road. for example, I'm gonna do a red carbon dash kit and such which will bring the whole thing to life.
Old 06-28-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

looks great
Old 06-29-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Thanks.

I just installed them back in tonight, they're frickin tight! I'm really glad I did it, because I think it's a perfect touch, not too overdone or whatever. It's strange how much I really missed having door panels ha ha.

I'll post pictures tomorrow when it's light outside.
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

hey got the rims last night... thought they were coming in today.... gonna get them mounted today dame i cant wait
Old 06-29-2007
A long winded 7th genr

hey got the rims last night... thought they were coming in today.... gonna get them mounted today dame i cant wait
No way, that's frickin sweet! I love it when things get shipped early! That's crazy definately post pictures when you get em on! How do you like those center caps? That's the first time I've ever used clear casting resin. Ya know what I was thinking the other day? Minus the shipping price you bought those rims for like 470 bucks! That's crazy! Haha it's cool though. Post pictures when you get them on!
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

do mine! haah
Old 06-29-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

pics pics pics!
Old 06-29-2007
Since 2002 Baby!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about

that looks tight bro. prof. paint I was going to say you painted yourself, from the can, noway. Thanks fo the ideas. ha ha!
Old 06-29-2007
A long winded 7th genr

More pictures of the finished install!
I haven't put armor all on the doors yet, so they're not shiny but I freakin love the finished product. I'll get close ups of the pearl when I get my camera back.

Old 06-29-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: My new custom door panels. *More Pix*

looks awesome. u did a great job.
Old 06-29-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

nice painting!
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light

thats hot man. i think i am going to paint mine silver liek u did and paint the rest of the panel black
Old 06-29-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by Civicman1988
thats hot man. i think i am going to paint mine silver liek u did and paint the rest of the panel black
That's a good idea, I say go for it. I was thinking about painting the upper part of the door too, like around where the lock is, but then decided that I shouldn't because it wouldn't flow with the dashboard. I think silver would look cool too.
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about

good job.

so you didnt lay down some fiberglass on the door panels? is it as easy as pealing off the fabric and spray painting it with the paint? no sanding?

sorry for all the questions, but i'd like to do this too. where did you pick up the paint, can you get it at any autoparts store?

thanks!

Quick Reply: My new custom door panels. *More Pix*