Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Custom Fiberglass Box [Pics Added]

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007
Fiberglass Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seiber84 is on a distinguished road
Custom Fiberglass Box [Pics Added]

I started a similar thread a while back, but since I completely changed the layout of the box I wanted to just start fresh.

Here is the carpeted MDF floor I made. This is my daily driver so when it is all said in done I need access to my spare.

Some of the buildup pictures to this point in time. The box is currently wrapped in fleece, ready to be resined and chopmatted.

I have a couple more projects lined up for the summer. If I get some spare time I might start to reproduce some flush mount boxes to fit behind the taillights if anyone would be interested. They would look something like this and be made completely of fiberglass to cut down on weight and be out of the way and look super clean.

Old 06-08-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Re: Custom Fiberglass Box [Pics Added]

JL makes some flush mounts for our cars just like the setup that u are about to do in the bottom pic.. like its in there brochures... Well i know it was in there like a year or so ago, cause i was like "wow" not just a huge box, that looks nice.
Old 06-08-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
satinsilvervic will become famous soon enough

im interested in those boxes behind the taillights.
Old 06-08-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

that seems like a pretty straightforward setup, but i'm not sure i like the angle of the subs in the top fiberglass enclosure design. seeing as how your subs are gonna sit pretty far back in the trunk with that design, they'll be firing right at the rear deck and your rear speakers. i would think a more rearward-facing design would both look and sound better, but i could be mistaken.

+1 for your efforts though
Old 06-08-2007
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LT2004ever
JL makes some flush mounts for our cars just like the setup that u are about to do in the bottom pic.. like its in there brochures... Well i know it was in there like a year or so ago, cause i was like "wow" not just a huge box, that looks nice.

Old 06-08-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

^ is that a 12" sub?
Old 06-08-2007
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
^ is that a 12" sub?
Yep.
Old 06-08-2007
Registered!!

ill02civic will become famous soon enoughill02civic will become famous soon enough

lemme see the final product of it.
Old 06-13-2007
Fiberglass Guru

Seiber84 is on a distinguished road

I got around to resining the fleece to solidify it today. Tomorrow I will be laying the fiberglass chop mat for additional support

Old 06-13-2007
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road

Wow, it looks great so far.. I can't wait to see the finished product!