Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Chance to trade stock LX for moded EX

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute
Question Chance to trade stock LX for moded EX

I might have the chance to trade my for the most part stock 01 2dr ssm auto LX with 59k miles on it for a 01 2dr ssm 5spd EX with 133K miles on it.

The EX has the following but I also think it has more.

Droped on eibach and koni yellows
17 silver rims
AEM big break kit
OEM full lip kit

I have not seen or driven the car yet but the guy wants to trade it in to dealership so I guess the dealership dos not want it all moded out.

At least with my car I know its been well looked after.
I don't know this person at all.

When I do finally see and or test drive his car and all looks and feels good would this be a worth while trade?

I know this is not very helpful because you need to be there to check both cars out but assuming they are both well mantained and run good.
Old 04-10-2007
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Chance to trade stock LX for moded EX

keep yours
Old 04-10-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

no way, keep yours
Old 04-10-2007
Official Wish He Knew It All

HyeHonda05 will become famous soon enough

def keep yours man...you have like 80k less than the one you are trading for...
Old 04-10-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

yep, keep yours for sure. if you want another car, just sell it or something.
Old 04-10-2007

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

yea I was just playing with the thought.

on the bright side I will be getting A CFH of him on friday for $100
He also has a brand new OEM lip kit in my color I'm going to try and get a deal if I can.

Yea I don't think I can part with my Vic even if it is an LX Auto I still love her.

Thanks for the support guys.
Old 04-10-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Well... look on the bight side, you wouldnt have to pay for the 60k check up, the 100k check up, or the service inbetween them. Do yourself a favor... keep your ride. Maybe work a deal out that you can trade your stock parts for the modded ones so the dealership can sell a non-modded car for more, and you get mod's for cheap.
Old 04-10-2007

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Well... look on the bight side, you wouldnt have to pay for the 60k check up, the 100k check up, or the service inbetween them. Do yourself a favor... keep your ride. Maybe work a deal out that you can trade your stock parts for the modded ones so the dealership can sell a non-modded car for more, and you get mod's for cheap.
Yea thats what I will try and do.

So far I will trade him my OEM lights for his OEM blacked out ones.

He wants my grill for his after market one not sure about that.

I would trade my stock front brakes for his AEM kit.

Would an EX strut and spring go on an LX

Would also trad my pillers for his carbon fiber ones.

I will have to wait and see till I meet him on friday.

I will prob have new pics too
Old 04-10-2007
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future

Keep your car, you can thank yourself later when you're not on the side of the street with a blown motor and bunk tranny.
Old 04-10-2007
Registered!!

Lord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of light

how do you have so few miles on your car?
Old 04-10-2007
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future

If he has the same color car as you and a lip kit...wait till he turns his head and take the lip kit off his car and put it on yours.

"I kidd, I kidd..."
Old 04-10-2007

Originally Posted by Lord ET
how do you have so few miles on your car?
My work is very close and I don't drive on long road trips very often just to Las Vegas from San Diego like 3 time a year.
Old 04-10-2007
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

definitely keep your car. those parts arent worth the difference in mileage.
Old 04-10-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

yea like everyone else sez, keep yours, save up a few hundred and convert it to a manual if u want a stick lol
Old 04-10-2007

Does any one know if his suspension could be swapped out for mine?
Old 04-10-2007
Registered!!

kileryoyo is an unknown quantity at this point

The springs yes I believe since they are both coupes and way almost the same.
Old 04-11-2007
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough

01-02 share the same suspension regardless of what model it is.

Just check the condition of his stuff before you swap.
Old 04-11-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

trading your suspension for some suspension off a 130xxx mile ride... hmm... i dunno, get the facts on that swap.
Old 04-11-2007
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

^^ true. just b/c its better, doesnt mean its better! haha
i think u know what i mean
Old 04-11-2007

Originally Posted by TRIZ
trading your suspension for some suspension off a 130xxx mile ride... hmm... i dunno, get the facts on that swap.
Your right about that I think I should buy a brand new suspension when I drop the car.
Old 04-11-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

just take the springs and camber kit if he has one.. those parts don't die regardless of miles... shocks/struts are a different story
Old 04-11-2007
Registered!!

fightax is an unknown quantity at this point

yo if ne thing just trade him ur oem parts for his modded parts if u want, but do not trade the whole car unless he puts more $$$ down..
Old 04-11-2007
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

trade him for anything that can come off the car. springs, camber kit, lip kit, stuff like that.
Old 04-11-2007
my civic has no boost

hotrodcivic2004 should not be trusted

hondas are reliable.....and last a long time.....but i wouldnt trade anything, for anything with 133k on it