is this the right part i need? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2007   #1
Registered!!

thisaintgino is an unknown quantity at this point
is this the right part i need?

i just got the koni yellows and ground controls. i was planning on installing the setup with a couple of friends but looking at the spring install diy on this site it said that i need to use the factory bearing ring from my stock shocks. without it ill hear those nasty clicking noises. i dont have my stock shocks anymore so im plannin on buyin just the part and i wanna know if its the right one. its #9 on this site for the parts. or do you know anywhere else i could get it for cheaper. thanks

51726-S5A-701 BEARING, FR. DAMPER MOUNTING... is this the right part??

http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.a...talogId=14S5P0
thisaintgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #2
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
Re: is this the right part i need?

You don't have stock shocks, so what do you have? More than likely the bearing is on the shocks you have now. And #9 is the bearing.
bobsagator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #3
Registered!!

thisaintgino is an unknown quantity at this point

i got my suspension put on by wheelworks along time ago. i have on tokico blues and skunk2 coilovers. i have a clicking noise everytime i turn. i took it back and looked to have to checked and they said i needed some type of bearing. i guess they didnt put on the factory bearing onto the tokicos. and i dont know where my stock shocks are. i was plannin on buying the part. but just wanted to make sure its the right one
thisaintgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #4
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light

I didn't think you could install shocks/springs without the bearing. The clicking noise you have may be a bad bearing.

When I replaced my stock shocks my car had 75k miles on it. So I replaced most of the rubber pieces. Then I read about some cars with higher mileage having the bearings go bad after upgrading the shocks/springs. To avoid having to take it all apart again later, I just replaced the bearings too.

Everything kinda points to getting new bearing just in case, especially for just an extra $40.
bobsagator is offline   Reply With Quote