Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Is my motor mount broke?!?! pics inside!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kronickz is an unknown quantity at this point
Is my motor mount broke?!?! pics inside!

Hey, when i gun my car, I hear a sound from the engine bay like my motor just lifted up and slammed back down. I think that my motor mount is broken but I dunno, take a look at the pics and you tell me what you think. This is the right one on the driver side. Also, there are marks on my hood where i'm pretty sure the engine made from lifting up. LET ME KNOW!!!

To me, it looks cracked but i dunno, help me out guys!
Old 03-06-2007
Registered!!

wut.the.deus is an unknown quantity at this point
The best way to tell is have someone rev the car with u looking at the engine to see if it moves alot and see where the noise is coming from.
Old 03-06-2007
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
damn dude ur **** is corroded like fukk...haha...it looks cracked to me tho...
Old 03-06-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough
is there a lot of vibration in the car at idle. when mine went, the entire car vibrated. at highway speed, the steering wheel vibrated to the point that it felt like i was just holding a leaf blower.

your mounts look really corroded and in the second pic, it looks cracked from about 2 oclock to 5, but i cant tell if thats just the outer part of cracked all the way through.

if you are still under powertrain warranty, that is covered
Old 03-06-2007
Registered!!

roll_outz is an unknown quantity at this point
looks like its welded already..Did U buy ur car used?
Old 03-06-2007
Registered!!

yeah, i got it at 17,000 miles. I guess i'll just replace it and hope that was the problem.
Old 03-06-2007
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
yeah that motor mount is done. i broke that same one also. i got one used off of ebay for like 40 bucks.
Old 03-06-2007
Registered!!

when I replace it, will the subframe hold it up or do I have to put like a jack under it to keep it up while I swap them out?
Old 03-06-2007
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough
you should stick a jack and a block of wood under your oil pan to keep the motor level, DONT LIFT THE MOTOR, just keep it level. then unbolt the motor mount and replace it. im sure its no big deal doing it without the jack etc but doing it without the jack will make your other mounts susceptible to damage. so just take a little more time and stick a jack and a wood there and you will be fine.
Old 03-07-2007
Registered!!

AThompson18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah it deffinately ripped. All that piece is is a rubber piece filled with motor oil. So if the top of ur hood has black stuff and feels like than it ripped. Its real easy to replace. Took me like an hour.
Old 03-07-2007
Registered!!

I say go is an unknown quantity at this point
yea that thing loooks broke like **** to me damm howed u do that?
Old 03-07-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice
$62.50 at the Honda dealership ... Autozone and Pepboys dont carry em yet .. and might as well buying a used one for 40 on ebay and paying an extra 10 shipping get the Genuine brand new Honda one ... Dont forget to tell the parts department the name and phone number of any body shop so that u get a discount and sales tax waiver :-p Other wise ull end up paying $80
Old 03-07-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice
lol ^^^ I'll rep for lieing for a good deal
Old 03-07-2007
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
i would look into energy motor mount inserts. they will cure a ripped or broken rubber problem and stiffen things up and help with wheel hop. they are pretty cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Energ...QQcmdZViewItem

this is what i used when i tore my mounts on my teg. they worked great with the stock rubber TORN mounts. they just zip tie in around the stock rubber to stiffen things up. haven had any wheel hop since i put them in either.
Old 03-07-2007
Registered!!

how exactly do install those?
Old 03-07-2007
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
yeah ur gonna have to put a jack up underneath ur engine so you can get that mount up and over the bolts...what the otha fella's were sayin, might as well replace the mounts with some good aftermarket ones while ur at it...
Old 03-08-2007
Registered!!

ok, well what do you call that motor mount? front left? Also, I think that the energy motor mounts are only for the front and the rear mounts not the sides. But... I could be wrong, tell me if this is the same motor mount, i'm about to order it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CIVIC...spagenameZWD1V
Old 03-08-2007
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
yes its broken...mine did a similar thing...and thats not corrosion just oil from inside the mount...go to honda and get a new one...its really really easy to replace and itll take any vibrations away
Old 03-08-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice
Originally Posted by familycar
i would look into energy motor mount inserts. they will cure a ripped or broken rubber problem and stiffen things up and help with wheel hop. they are pretty cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Energ...QQcmdZViewItem

this is what i used when i tore my mounts on my teg. they worked great with the stock rubber TORN mounts. they just zip tie in around the stock rubber to stiffen things up. haven had any wheel hop since i put them in either.

Not being disrespectful or nething but how would u cure a broken mount in which all the OIL within has leaked out ??? uh DId u know engine mounts have OIL in em ? again Im not being disrespectful arite ;-)
Old 04-26-2007
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
Re: Is my motor mount broke?!?! pics inside!

Originally Posted by wut.the.deus
The best way to tell is have someone rev the car with u looking at the engine to see if it moves alot and see where the noise is coming from.
thats one way some other way i learned in school was ebrake up and first gear or Drive brake and gas it to see how far the engine moves kinda works and kinda dosent for me it didnt it was dumb but....i lifted the car at school and to my suprise the drive and passenger side were falling apart the front mount was done only a peice left and the rear had a giant rip