Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Decided to keep car and fix tranny! Now what color paint?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kronickz is an unknown quantity at this point
Decided to keep car and fix tranny! Now what color paint?!?

Hey, i've decided to go ahead and keep my es2 and just fix it and get it painted. My paint is starting to look very dull and there are light scratches everywhere. Here are my options of painting: Tafetta White (car is this color now), Gunmetal, Fiji Blue, Electron Blue (Si Blue), Or just pearl my car with a gold or blue pearl. Let me know what you guys think!

Here's a link to my car:
Click here!
Old 02-26-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
I'd go with the electron blue, or something similar to that. I'm sure you could find a shade you like at house of kolors, or whatever.
Old 02-26-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
fiji blue ftw and the runner up white
Old 02-26-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
white is nice but it is hard to keep it clean
Old 02-26-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice
I personally say of those choices gunmetal. I think gunmetal is deffs one of the sickest colors out there. If it was me i'd paint it a crazy gloss lime green with black wheels and a cf hood but thats just me.
Old 02-26-2007
Registered!!

rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough
^^ ...ewwww lol

i duno, but im with him. personally, i would go gunmetal, but my second choice would be white
Old 02-26-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamis33
I personally say of those choices gunmetal. I think gunmetal is deffs one of the sickest colors out there. If it was me i'd paint it a crazy gloss lime green with black wheels and a cf hood but thats just me.
already been done.

Old 02-27-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
^^ LOL, yes it has

then theres plenty of them on the streets that are down the rice road but oh well
Old 02-27-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice
ok maybe its just cuz im 16 but i think if that car had more of a drop it would look HOTTT!!!!
Old 02-27-2007
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light
looks like a sunfire
Old 02-27-2007
JJJ
Registered!!

JJJ is an unknown quantity at this point
quick question. how much did it cost to rebuild or replace the tranny? sry if this is sorta off topic...

Last edited by JJJ; 02-27-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-27-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
ewww Thats a car i was trying to forget. I dig the retro NES in there.
IMO stick with white It looks very clean with your set up. you might be able to get away with just a new clear coat.
Old 02-27-2007
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
get fiji blue
Old 02-27-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Do you guys remember that yellow sedan that was posted a while back? I just tried searching for it, but I can't find it... it looked AWESOME
Old 02-28-2007
Registered!!

kronickz is an unknown quantity at this point
i really do like the white because of the scheme i'm going with but would like to try something new. If I keep it, i'm just gonna touch up some of the spots that aren't scratched really bad and just tell them to put a like 5 layers of clear on it to make it really gloss. I dunno, as for the tranny, come to find out, it was only ended up being that the clip on a harness to the tranny broke so I just duct taped that bit** on so it would stay and it works great now. It stopped the slipping issues that i had a couple of weeks ago too. When I did replace my tranny though the first time, it cost me $500 for a used a/t from a 2003 and $250 for replacement so $750 total. It's way better than going to some tranny shop and pay $1200 for a rebuild. I don't know, keep posting on which color I should paint my car though because I might change my mind.
Old 02-28-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
I dunno, as for the tranny, come to find out, it was only ended up being that the clip on a harness to the tranny broke so I just duct taped that bit** on so it would stay and it works great now.
wait what? if I read this right, you fixed your tranny with DUCT TAPE?
Old 02-28-2007
hvc
Registered!!

hvc is an unknown quantity at this point
I think your ride looks clean the way it is right now. IMO, i'd just touch up the places, and do a few clear coats.

But, if you want a change that bad, I'd go for the gunmetal. That or the fiji blue.

nice vic.
Old 02-28-2007
Registered!!

miklovo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Kevbotron
wait what? if I read this right, you fixed your tranny with DUCT TAPE?
Yah, ya know my dad always said "when all else fails son, use duct tape"...........but I don't think he had this in mind..