I got owned at the stealership.... - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2007   #1
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Talking I got owned at the stealership....

Ok, so heres the rundown.... i decided to share this story just cause i thought someone would get a good laugh out of it

Ok maybe like on the 2nd of Feb, i was driving around, after the snow, and it got kinda hot in my car, so i decided to roll down the windows half way..... after a while of driving, when i tried to roll them back up, my passenger side window wasn't bitin'. It just would not go up. So i reach over and try to roll it up with the passenger side button... nada. So i drive back to the dorms, upset and ticked cause my window decided to stop working right when it starts snowin... so i sit in my car in the parking lot, and start checking fuses... everything is good, but since its 10pm i cannot take off the door panel or n e thing, to see the prob, so i have to be ghetto, and put a towel in the window, for the night. I woulda spent the nite in my car, but it was way too cold. n e ways, after cruising the forums for people who have had similar probs, i figure im going to have to buy something ... ARG!! just when i get enough money for Guitar Hero II, so im ticked . So then next morning i take off my door panel and everything, and everything looks perfect... i don't understand at all but n e wayz, after running out of ideas, im like screw it stealership here i come... So i look at the clock and its too late, i have to wait till Monday! ARG!! so Monday rolls around and no one has broken into my car. So i roll up to the stealership, and i can just see their faces thay are ready to find something wrong and charge the crap out of me. So i explain to the service rep what the prob is , and so him and like 3 other guys gather around my car. They start talking and stuff, so im like dang. He asks for my key, and sits down in my car, and then turns it on ok? Then He looks around, presses the CHILD SAFETY BUTTON!!! #$#@(&@%#$)(#$%)($&%#$()&#%^)@(&$^($%UTIHWGI ROHG#$*T!T$(TTU!$#T#$TH%$T(*T!GRBHJI^%H
and rolls up my window!! MY face looked like this yea... can u believe it. so i apologize for wasting their time, and stuff, and drive off really embarrassed. i know they were like

Yea so thats it...
LT2004ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #2
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT2004ever View Post
So then next morning i take off my door panel and everything, and everything looks perfect... i don't understand at all
not to be an ***, but i knew where the problem was when i read to here
bamb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #3
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamb00 View Post
not to be an ***, but i knew where the problem was when i read to here
yea but see the thing is, i would keep periodically checking to see if it would just magically start working. But the thing is, i coulda sworn i cut off the the child safety locks, when i check some of the times. idk...
Old 02-15-2007   #4
Registered!!

grn2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL that is great. I am sorry you went through all that trouble haha. But hey look at the bright side you wont make this mistake again lol.
grn2k1civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #5
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
pwned....

a lot of us have done that man, but none have posted about it.
tuningmycivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #6
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

its funny how the safety button works in our cars huh.. you should be able to control the passenger window from the driver's side even with the safety on, but u can't... its weird
speedricerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #7
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough
flipmoderacer02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #8
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Quote:
Originally Posted by grn2k1civic View Post
LOL that is great. I am sorry you went through all that trouble haha. But hey look at the bright side you wont make this mistake again lol.
truth... never again. I bet they have a pic of my face on the security cam I coulda sworn i was on punked or something, cause i couldn't believe what i did.
Old 02-15-2007   #9
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
thats fn funny, its always teh dummest **** that never gets checked b\/c your thinking nah it couldnt be that
hwt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #10
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
lol that happened to me except the switch really was broken. i just found one on ebay tho for cheap
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #11
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Guitar Hero is the ****!
02BLKCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #12
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all
johnbt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #13
Registered!!

Makeo is an unknown quantity at this point

guitar hero rocks!!
Makeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #14
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuningmycivic View Post
pwned....

a lot of us have done that man, but none have posted about it.
true that^^ I knew exactly what the problem was because when I changed my "door inserts" to red, and installed everyting back in, my window didnt work, and I was pissed... I remember having a set of wrenches that I did something with. I finally told my dad and i'm like "my civic is a pos, the windows broken." hes like, "yeah, at least the window is up though." So I got to clean out the crap from my mess and decided to check the window button. And it works... haha, I was amazed, furious, and happy all at the same time. Been there buddy. With a coupe, you just dont understand fully why there is a window lock button for a window that is just a quick reach to your right- With a sedan, i'm sure I woulda worked that button in the first few seconds.

TRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #15
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
I did the exact same thing, took off the door everything ok, so I was like blown motor. I took it to firestone but they were slow so I bought a service manual and was reading and it mentioned something about the safety switch.......(first thoughts) "**** NO!!!!!!" ran downstairs and it went up.

I ****ing hate how the buttons locks out both sides instead of just the passenger/s. No other car I've driven does that, which is why it ****ed me.

Atleast you just got embarressed and not raped with a fee.

Oh....and Guitar Hero is teh ****, 1st one is better tho, 2nd one sucks in comparison IMO.

Last edited by lxcivic2k1; 02-15-2007 at 02:18 PM.
lxcivic2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #16
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
hahah this is one awesome story....... but know this, you drove away....and i bet the stealership's faces were like =\ "aww we cant take his money"
sl33pyriceboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #17
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
omg that was hilarious...hahaha good one man
ragingSPAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #18
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
I had good laugh at this story.
phuviano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #19
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi View Post
hahah this is one awesome story....... but know this, you drove away....and i bet the stealership's faces were like =\ "aww we cant take his money"
Yea, and i didnt give them the chance to check n e thing else to mysteriously come up with another prob
Old 02-15-2007   #20
Tire Spin

Str8UpCivic will become famous soon enough
bro that is priceless... i love it! haha ya it happens to all of us at one time or another...maybe not go all the way to the dealership but it happens lol. but ya u know ull NEVER make that mistake again!
Str8UpCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #21
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8UpCivic View Post
bro that is priceless... i love it! haha ya it happens to all of us at one time or another...maybe not go all the way to the dealership but it happens lol. but ya u know ull NEVER make that mistake again!
i wont... i swear i wanted to take that button out after that day
Old 02-15-2007   #22
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light
I'm not a fan of the power windows. Thankfully, my 97 DX has them - NOT.

...but I've done other stupid ****.
sql_civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #23
Registered!!

FreedomEagle has a spectacular aura aboutFreedomEagle has a spectacular aura aboutFreedomEagle has a spectacular aura about
hahah good stuff man loved the story
FreedomEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007   #24
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC View Post
Guitar Hero is the ****!
I love Free Bird at the end of Medium. Hard is kicking my *** though.
Rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007   #25
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for having the nuts to post this. glad you got it worked out.

it's weird tho, when i go to stealership, i have the opposite problem. my car pisses coolant all over the place, and they can't find a damn thing wrong with it.
AmbulanceMonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007   #26
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Good Story.

You deserve an award for best use of Smileys in a post.

Oh yeah this happened to me on a friend's car. I was changing out speakers and put it all back together and the window wouldn't roll up. I was like WTF! I checked all wires and took it back apart and all. After like an hour of checking and getting ready to pay for him to get it fixed, I was like oh wait, WTF, the window lock switch it pushed in.
Taffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007   #27
Alize>*

CocaineInMyBrain should not be trusted
wow

paragraphs are your friend
CocaineInMyBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007   #28
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I love Free Bird at the end of Medium. Hard is kicking my *** though.
that song is hard as crap, but its fun! i haven't yet mastered all of medium yet, those off beat songs still mess with me plus im not a fan of shifting my hand lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD Chico View Post
Good Story.

You deserve an award for best use of Smileys in a post.
Exactly, what else are they there for?? to animate a post lol
Old 02-16-2007   #29
Registered!!

hondoer27 will become famous soon enoughhondoer27 will become famous soon enough
Ive done this before too but it only took a sec to see what I had done
hondoer27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007   #30
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough
i actually had the same problem, only my master switch was dead. all i have to say about that is that honda is very proud of their plastic....the switch ran me like $60
chawski is offline   Reply With Quote